Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

95 browns staff was loaded
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bohlmann20


Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 5138
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
This is true. Mangini was a good coach put in a bad position.


Yet earlier in this thread....

Quote:
Mangini - sucks, but everyone knows it, so not overrated


Please....stop....I cants takes no mores.


I changed my mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15439
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing that got me was how highly touted the Browns were coming into 95.


Oh sure, the AFC was a crapshoot in the 90s before Denver but still....two major magazines picked Cleveland to make Super Bowl? A bit much no?


I would have thought Steelers & Chiefs and even Charges would be rated above the Browns.


Yeah the staff was pretty good but remember there's a lot of people in the NFL. Many years down the road who the hell knows what happens to the entire Cardinals staff right?
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15954
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Thing that got me was how highly touted the Browns were coming into 95.


Oh sure, the AFC was a crapshoot in the 90s before Denver but still....two major magazines picked Cleveland to make Super Bowl? A bit much no?


I would have thought Steelers & Chiefs and even Charges would be rated above the Browns.


Yeah the staff was pretty good but remember there's a lot of people in the NFL. Many years down the road who the hell knows what happens to the entire Cardinals staff right?


3-1 before they found out they were moving. Tanked after that.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15439
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
3-1 before they found out they were moving. Tanked after that.


Did you go back and look at who they faced Weeks 1-4?

Modell made the official announcement November 5th when the team was 4-4.

Could they have made Super Bowl? Sure, but they wouldn't have won it by a longshot.

Packers or Boys would have eaten them alive.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willink


Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 11563
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
Majority of those guys are overrated. A couple are even out of the league coaching wise.


What?

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3



How is this possible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyFaLT-L2uk
_________________

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UofMfan909


Moderator
Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 29342
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
Majority of those guys are overrated. A couple are even out of the league coaching wise.


What?

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3



How is this possible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyFaLT-L2uk


I avoided replying in this thread. But this was the absolutely perfect response to the post. Well done. Almost too well done.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31417
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
3-1 before they found out they were moving. Tanked after that.


Did you go back and look at who they faced Weeks 1-4?

Modell made the official announcement November 5th when the team was 4-4.

Could they have made Super Bowl? Sure, but they wouldn't have won it by a longshot.

Packers or Boys would have eaten them alive.


yes the official announcement was made in November but the word of them moving made their way around the locker room before the official announcements. did you think the idea of moving, getting the agreement to move, and etc all came in one day?Nope they had to work on it, get it worked out with Baltimore and all that other stuff involved with it. the message was written on the wall way before the official announcement. Hearing they were being moved ruined their mindset
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5252
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

Jim Schwartz' entire coaching career has been one giant case of delayed nerd rage.


LOOOOOL that's hilarious.

No wonder why the Lions play so undisciplined and dirty. It all makes sense now. All those years of Schwartzy getting bullied and picked on throughout his youth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12702
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
Majority of those guys are overrated. A couple are even out of the league coaching wise.


What?

Belicheck - top coach in all of football
Dimitroff - Don't know who that is.
Pioli - not a coach any longer, not valid
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.
Ferentz - Overrated
Saban - top 3 coach in all of football
Schwartz - Overrated
Newsome - idk
Mangini - sucks, but everyone knows it, so not overrated


Oh my...............Yeah, Vince game back in 1995 to coach the Brownies..Laughing

And you don't know who Ozzie Newsome or Thomas Dimitroff is? Oh ok. Do you not pay attention to the whole NFL or do you just know your own team?


He doesn't have a team


He only knows his own team * he doesn't have a team = he doesn't know anything


I'm assuming not. What football fan that takes time to nerd it up like us on the internets doesn't know who build the current Ravens/Falcons?
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STLRamsFan99


Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Posts: 1368
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy how their coaching staff said the Ray Lewis pick was a done deal and that they had scouted him a ton the previous year in Cleveland. How different things could have been if they hadn't left.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaTechRavens


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17673
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Crazy how their coaching staff said the Ray Lewis pick was a done deal and that they had scouted him a ton the previous year in Cleveland. How different things could have been if they hadn't left.
I don't know about that. It's pretty well known among our fans that John Mobley was Ozzie's crush in that draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STLRamsFan99


Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Posts: 1368
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Crazy how their coaching staff said the Ray Lewis pick was a done deal and that they had scouted him a ton the previous year in Cleveland. How different things could have been if they hadn't left.
I don't know about that. It's pretty well known among our fans that John Mobley was Ozzie's crush in that draft.


I am just going by what they said on that documentary, Football Life: Cleveland Browns 1995. The staff that went to Baltimore said something of that nature.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49979
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
This is true. Mangini was a good coach put in a bad position.


Yet earlier in this thread....

Quote:
Mangini - sucks, but everyone knows it, so not overrated


Please....stop....I cants takes no mores.


I changed my mind.


You mean...


_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15439
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
x0x wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
3-1 before they found out they were moving. Tanked after that.


Did you go back and look at who they faced Weeks 1-4?

Modell made the official announcement November 5th when the team was 4-4.

Could they have made Super Bowl? Sure, but they wouldn't have won it by a longshot.

Packers or Boys would have eaten them alive.


yes the official announcement was made in November but the word of them moving made their way around the locker room before the official announcements. did you think the idea of moving, getting the agreement to move, and etc all came in one day?Nope they had to work on it, get it worked out with Baltimore and all that other stuff involved with it. the message was written on the wall way before the official announcement. Hearing they were being moved ruined their mindset



True but doesn't that cast a shadow over the team's mental toughness to go all the way?

Yes it was a big distraction but look at the Phoenix Coyotes this past season or the Nordiques in 1995.

Okay, so not many here are hockey fans, fine, I'll give you football examples....oh wait.....there aren't many examples of good teams being moved.


And I guess that's the really sad part about the Cleveland relocation. They were a good team that got moved, almost unheard of in football where, no offense but franchises like the Saints and my Cardinals remained despite years of crud.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bohlmann20


Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 5138
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
This is true. Mangini was a good coach put in a bad position.


Yet earlier in this thread....

Quote:
Mangini - sucks, but everyone knows it, so not overrated


Please....stop....I cants takes no mores.


I changed my mind.


You mean...



No, I'm not backpedaling. Someone in this thread changed my mind with an enlightening post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group