Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
There was a qb we wanted in 2011 draft. Jake Locker. Shanny wants a mobile qb, bradford wouldnt be right fit for our system.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/shanahan-faces-the-man-he-wanted-in/article_d7830034-1b9e-5453-87a1-f0bf75b1d38d.html

??

Besides Fisher talked to Shannahan about Sam before he took the job.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
There was a qb we wanted in 2011 draft. Jake Locker. Shanny wants a mobile qb, bradford wouldnt be right fit for our system.

Unless I'm mistaken Shanny was infatuated with Bradford?
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken Shanny was infatuated with Bradford?

Yeah.. I just posted a link up above..

Btw, - The Rams’ defense recorded 46 total pressures in last night’s game… just let that sink in for a moment — 46. That is almost three times as many as they averaged per game last season (17.7).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Thats pretty crazy. I wish the redskins defense goes back to its old form. Makes me really miss laron landry.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Bradford is in the processing of validating why the Skins should have kept him

But obviously the notion that he's greater than RGIII is a little silly at this point.

I don't think any other team other than Rams homers would take Bradford over RGIII right now given the upside of both players.
lilant2398

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Sam Bradford is in the processing of validating why the Skins should have kept him

But obviously the notion that he's greater than RGIII is a little silly at this point.

I don't think any other team other than Rams homers would take Bradford over RGIII right now given the upside of both players.

even then it wouldnt be braford vs rg3 you have to account into all the picks they gave us plus brafords contract.. this isnt madden
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:

The way RG3 is running with the ball, he looks like an injury waiting to happen. Once the Rams solidify the o-line and gets Bradford a legit #1 WR, Bradford's game will reach the next level. He has all the tools to be elite.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
BBIB wrote:

The way RG3 is running with the ball, he looks like an injury waiting to happen. Once the Rams solidify the o-line and gets Bradford a legit #1 WR, Bradford's game will reach the next level. He has all the tools to be elite.

That's a great point. TO be fair to Bradford he really hasn't had a #1 WR. THat's why I think the Rams blew it for not doing everything they could to take a flyer on Justin Blackmon
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
BBIB wrote:

That's a great point. TO be fair to Bradford he really hasn't had a #1 WR. THat's why I think the Rams blew it for not doing everything they could to take a flyer on Justin Blackmon

Blackmon isn't a #1 WR or worth the #6 pick which is why we traded down.

El Ramster on this beaut!
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:

Blackmon isn't a #1 WR or worth the #6 pick which is why we traded down.

Maybe not but through the draft or free agency you guys somehow need to get a guy who is.

I mean no offense to Danny Amendola but he's one of those guys you just root for as an underdog, not because of uber talent
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradford makes Amendola look like Wes Welker. The reason Bradford throws so many balls to DA is because he's the only who gets open and can catch consistently. Imagine if SB had a real #1 ? Having LLoyd last year was a glimpse what Sam can do with a real WR and I don't even consider Lloyd elite. Good yes, elite no.
DarrellGreen28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
BBIB wrote:

That's true although last week, it seemed to tone down a lot. IMO Griffin and Newton have more potential than any QB in the league
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
Bradford makes Amendola look like Wes Welker. The reason Bradford throws so many balls to DA is because he's the only who gets open and can catch consistently. Imagine if SB had a real #1 ? Having LLoyd last year was a glimpse what Sam can do with a real WR and I don't even consider Lloyd elite. Good yes, elite no.

This just isn't true at all. Bradford saw no statistical jump once Lloyd was acquired. He continued playing nearly identical to how he played before Lloyd was a Ram and actually had his two worse games, as far as QB rating is concerned, after the acquisition of Lloyd.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:

This just isn't true at all. Bradford saw no statistical jump once Lloyd was acquired. He continued playing nearly identical to how he played before Lloyd was a Ram and actually had his two worse games, as far as QB rating is concerned, after the acquisition of Lloyd.

Then you didn't watch the games. Bradford and Lloyd were hooking up a lot, just like Bradford and Clayton did before Clayton was hurt.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyd's stats with the Rams

Games -11
Rec- 51
Yards- 683
Avg- 13.4
TD's - 5

That's pretty good for a WR to come into a scenario with no chemistry with the QB and a terrible o-line and a QB with a high ankle sprain. And I don't even think Bradford was the QB in all those either, so the numbers would even be better.

My point is, Bradford has never had a legitimate WR weapon in the NFL and has always had a terrible o-line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 33 of 49

Jump to: