Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CMIII vs. Aldon for the next 10 years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got?
Aldon Smith
44%
 44%  [ 46 ]
Clay Matthews
55%
 55%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 103

49ers4life52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Good job subtracting 4 tackles from Aldon this year while failing to mention his FF. 9er fans aren't pimping our guy, people make threads about him. I guess you don't like Revis or Nnamdi because they have threads made about them all the time. You on the other hand are blinded by your hate. Smith is a flashy player, and a game changer. Is the team around him talented? Hell yes. Was that same group anywhere near as good without him? Not at all.

Those are just as annoying. Except those players are actually great and the best at their position. I'm not blinded by hate. That's simply an excuse you use because we disagree. The whole point I was making about the talent was if you put Aldon Smith on let's say.... the Jags or the Jets. Teams that haven't been rushing the passer very well and don't have elite talent all over the field, I have quite some doubt about his production. Usually a truly great and special player can over come it. And last year Smith wasn't even an everydown player.

Aldon wasn't an every down player last year because that's how the coaching staff treats the rookies. It had nothing to do about his talent and to say Aldon won't be as dominant in another team is such an ignorant comment. Tell me why Parys Harlson our starting olb last year had 2 sacks last season playing with the same talent around him. I tell you why, its because he's not talented player like Aldon.

He played on running downs, his strength is stopping the run, Smith was more fresh, it made things easier for his learning process, and it played to his strengths.

More fresh? Harlson had 7 more snaps than Aldon last year. It was practically 50-50 in snap counts. If Aldon was fresh then so was Harlson. Yes Aldon rushed more, but Harlson had a fair share in rush attempts as well and still only manage 2 sacks with all the talent around him.

^Kempes^
howie102

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone care to shed any light as to who has the greatest number of QB disruptions? I know that PFF isn't everyone's cup of tea, but comparing the two against a benchmark like that of, say, Wake, who has 21, would be a good start.

Would take CMIII though myself. Give me someone who can contribute three downs. Has some (relatively) horrible D-Line to play alongside too, yet still makes plays, even if they're not the kind that gets recorded with a tick in a box or a mark on a stat sheet.
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon's a great player and all but give me Clay Matthews here.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Good job subtracting 4 tackles from Aldon this year while failing to mention his FF. 9er fans aren't pimping our guy, people make threads about him. I guess you don't like Revis or Nnamdi because they have threads made about them all the time. You on the other hand are blinded by your hate. Smith is a flashy player, and a game changer. Is the team around him talented? Hell yes. Was that same group anywhere near as good without him? Not at all.

Those are just as annoying. Except those players are actually great and the best at their position. I'm not blinded by hate. That's simply an excuse you use because we disagree. The whole point I was making about the talent was if you put Aldon Smith on let's say.... the Jags or the Jets. Teams that haven't been rushing the passer very well and don't have elite talent all over the field, I have quite some doubt about his production. Usually a truly great and special player can over come it. And last year Smith wasn't even an everydown player.

Aldon wasn't an every down player last year because that's how the coaching staff treats the rookies. It had nothing to do about his talent and to say Aldon won't be as dominant in another team is such an ignorant comment. Tell me why Parys Harlson our starting olb last year had 2 sacks last season playing with the same talent around him. I tell you why, its because he's not talented player like Aldon.

He played on running downs, his strength is stopping the run, Smith was more fresh, it made things easier for his learning process, and it played to his strengths.

Just FYI, Haralson is not a run stopper at OLB. He performed admirably in that role last year, but he was a situational pass rusher for most of his career. He was first signed to the team in that role and was supposed to help our pass rush. He is in fact a better than average pass rusher for the most part.

Aldon Smith can use speed or power to dominate offensive tackles. He has done it so far this year as a full-time starter, and all last year off the bench. Yes he does use J. Smith to his advantage on certain plays, but can you really blame him for playing well in tandem with a team mate? I suppose Reggie Wayne isn't a good receiver because he was "relying" on Peyton Manning for his stats all those years?

Clay Matthews and Aldon Smith are both really good at football, and great athletes so there is no wrong answer here. Don't worry Von Miller is good too. It is funny that Aldon's biggest detractors are Broncos fans, and our defenses biggest doubters were/are Ravens fans. Maybe something is affecting their opinions that rhymes with Show-merism.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

Just FYI, Haralson is not a run stopper at OLB. He performed admirably in that role last year, but he was a situational pass rusher for most of his career. He was first signed to the team in that role and was supposed to help our pass rush. He is in fact a better than average pass rusher for the most part.

Aldon Smith can use speed or power to dominate offensive tackles. He has done it so far this year as a full-time starter, and all last year off the bench. Yes he does use J. Smith to his advantage on certain plays, but can you really blame him for playing well in tandem with a team mate? I suppose Reggie Wayne isn't a good receiver because he was "relying" on Peyton Manning for his stats all those years?

Clay Matthews and Aldon Smith are both really good at football, and great athletes so there is no wrong answer here. Don't worry Von Miller is good too. It is funny that Aldon's biggest detractors are Broncos fans, and our defenses biggest doubters were/are Ravens fans. Maybe something is affecting their opinions that rhymes with Show-merism.
It's even funnier than 49er fans use the Von Miller/Ravens Shield and make the biggest excuses in order to try and hide their extreme homerism. By next year or the year after, San Francisco will be the new Green Bay.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

It's even funnier than 49er fans use the Von Miller/Ravens Shield and make the biggest excuses in order to try and hide their extreme homerism. By next year or the year after, San Francisco will be the new Green Bay.

What extreme homerism is going on in this thread? It's just a simple comparison and no one is actually claiming he is the Lawrence Taylor like you stated multiple times. Rolling Eyes

^Kempes^
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

A great franchise?
A dynasty?
Damn. Glad other teams see that in us too! Respect.

Time to celebrate Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

A great franchise?
A dynasty?
Damn. Glad other teams see that in us too! Respect.

Time to celebrate Laughing

A team that won 1 super bowl and then loses the next year in the divisional round isn't a dynasty. I was moreso talking about the unbelievable homerism.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
neezy007

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the extreme homerism? You know what homers do? Post about a player on their team in a comparison thread that doesn't have anything to do with their teams player.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
Where is the extreme homerism? You know what homers do? Post about a player on their team in a comparison thread that doesn't have anything to do with their teams player.

Check and mate.BURN Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
A team that won 1 super bowl and then loses the next year in the divisional round isn't a dynasty. I was moreso talking about the unbelievable homerism.
You want to cool it on the generalizations? It's getting really old hearing this in almost every thread i open.

Kempes on the custom sig!
o_0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

Parys Haralson's strength is stopping the run? Dude do you even watch football? Rolling Eyes

Oh and interesting note. Aldon Smith has recorded 18 of his 18.5 sacks when the 49ers sent four or fewer pass-rushers. No player has more on such plays.

Aldon Smith also needs 1.5 sacks today to break Reggie White's record and become the fastest player in NFL history to 20 sacks.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

Parys Haralson's strength is stopping the run? Dude do you even watch football? Rolling Eyes

Oh and interesting note. Aldon Smith has recorded 18 of his 18.5 sacks when the 49ers sent four or fewer pass-rushers. No player has more on such plays.

Aldon Smith also needs 1.5 sacks today to break Reggie White's record and become the fastest player in NFL history to 20 sacks.

Compared to his pass rushing skills, yes, Haralson's strength is stopping the run.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

Check and mate.BURN Laughing
Too bad I wasn't even the one to bring up Von Miller the first time. A 49er fan did. Read all of the posts. Ignorance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: