Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Titans(1-3) @ Vikings(3-1) 11/7 4:25PM EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Titans
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
Vikings
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

The Vikings have been going all out to prevent the big play and keep the play in front of them which means they will give up those short passes and be less likely to force Ints.

We are very familiar with that. Lets just say we like to have our safeties back in case of a surprise punt. So not a good week to try that. Wink

The Vikes still do run mostly Cover 2, that is pretty much the bread and butter of there defense.

Depending upon the opponent, the scheme really changes. For example, against the Jags and 49ers, two power run teams, the Vikes ran a lot of Cover 3 with Harrison Smith as the in the box Safety. Against more pass happy teams with no threat in the backfield, the Vikings run mostly Cover 2 with its Safetys.

In fact last week against Detroit, the Vikings were basically in Cover 2 all game and even ran a 3 Safety defense with Chris Cook as the extra Safety. The Lions still had no run game despite the all out focus on stopping the big play down the field.

I dont know what the plan will be in regards to Cover 2 vs Cover 3 looks this week. Do the Vikings dare Chris Johnson to beat them and play more Cover 2 or does MN play Cover 3 and ensure that the run game is shut down and dare Hasselbeck to beat MN.

Given that Hasselbeck will be playing, my guess is that the Vikings will be running a pretty even mix of Cover 2 and Cover 3 as there probably is not much of a threat in the down field passing attack if Hasselbeck is starting and especially if Britt is out.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

The Vikings have been going all out to prevent the big play and keep the play in front of them which means they will give up those short passes and be less likely to force Ints.

We are very familiar with that. Lets just say we like to have our safeties back in case of a surprise punt. So not a good week to try that. Wink

The Vikes still do run mostly Cover 2, that is pretty much the bread and butter of there defense.

Depending upon the opponent, the scheme really changes. For example, against the Jags and 49ers, two power run teams, the Vikes ran a lot of Cover 3 with Harrison Smith as the in the box Safety. Against more pass happy teams with no threat in the backfield, the Vikings run mostly Cover 2 with its Safetys.

In fact last week against Detroit, the Vikings were basically in Cover 2 all game and even ran a 3 Safety defense with Chris Cook as the extra Safety. The Lions still had no run game despite the all out focus on stopping the big play down the field.

I dont know what the plan will be in regards to Cover 2 vs Cover 3 looks this week. Do the Vikings dare Chris Johnson to beat them and play more Cover 2 or does MN play Cover 3 and ensure that the run game is shut down and dare Hasselbeck to beat MN.

Given that Hasselbeck will be playing, my guess is that the Vikings will be running a pretty even mix of Cover 2 and Cover 3 as there probably is not much of a threat in the down field passing attack if Hasselbeck is starting and especially if Britt is out.

option 2 sounds smart to me

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes defense looks like ours in that the safeties are waay back. Need to dice them up using the same method used against us... hit passes behind LB and in front of Safeties.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Vikes defense looks like ours in that the safeties are waay back. Need to dice them up using the same method used against us... hit passes behind LB and in front of Safeties.

Yes and no.

If you have a big threat in the passing game and a Qb that can get the ball down field, the Safetys will play deep halves in a traditional Cover 2 look.

However, if you plan on being a run oriented team and dont really have much of a downfield passing attack, expect a more even mix of Cover 2 and Cover 3. Basically, if you have an elite running game the Vikings will probably be playing a lot of single high Safety looks with an extra defender in the box.

Against a team like the Packers or Bears, both Safetys will be playing Cover 2 a majority of the game. I dont think the Vikings need to be overly concerned about the Titans passing game this week.

Largely, the Viking seem content with giving offenses all the underneath stuff they want when they are in Cover 2.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP vs. CJ.. Best two runners in the league right?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
AP vs. CJ.. Best two runners in the league right?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'd like to see AP's knee handle a season before I return him up there.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Gray is under some warm water right now cuz he said something about sending the gaterade truck out for the other teams, talking to the media, talking about how WR and TE going untouched and stuff. I just seen it on tv but its probably not a big deal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Jerry Gray is under some warm water right now cuz he said something about sending the gaterade truck out for the other teams, talking to the media, talking about how WR and TE going untouched and stuff. I just seen it on tv but its probably not a big deal.

I don't see how it could be a big deal. We don't have a bounty system. Watch the tape. We hardly have a tackling system most of the time.

Unlessss...the reason Griffin only ankle tackles anymore is because he is trying to break ankles. Laughing

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster
-Munch-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
justing101 wrote:

I don't see how it could be a big deal. We don't have a bounty system. Watch the tape. We hardly have a tackling system most of the time.

Unlessss...the reason Griffin only ankle tackles anymore is because he is trying to break ankles. Laughing

The reason Griffin misses so many tackles is because he doesn't want people to catch on to our bounty system. Shhhhh keep it quiet.

On another note, sometimes I'm amazed at the things CJ says during interviews. When asked how he felt about playing against AP this week, CJ said something like this:
'Hes one of the most entertaining guys in the league, I'll definetely be keeping a close eye on him all game to see what he does'

How about try running for more than 4 yards in a game? He's gotta get past his little awe-struck phase and worry more about his own problems, like not losing his job.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
justing101 wrote:

The reason Griffin misses so many tackles is because he doesn't want people to catch on to our bounty system. Shhhhh keep it quiet.

On another note, sometimes I'm amazed at the things CJ says during interviews. When asked how he felt about playing against AP this week, CJ said something like this:
'Hes one of the most entertaining guys in the league, I'll definetely be keeping a close eye on him all game to see what he does'

How about try running for more than 4 yards in a game? He's gotta get past his little awe-struck phase and worry more about his own problems, like not losing his job.

Seriously? You're upset over him saying that? What was he supposed to say?

He's showing respect, nothing more, nothing less.
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Exactly. It's not like he's saying he's faster than him in 100M race or 40 yd dash.

I like Jerry Gray's comments. He's questioning his teams toughness. He basically said you can't worry about being fined, you need to hit people to where they are going to get the gator truck. Yes, it's borderline with the bounty scandal going down, but in any other year no one would have any problems with what he said. While he's worried about his players hitting hard and questioning their toughness, we question his coaching style and scheme of defense. Let's see how they play and call the game under scrutiny. Rise to the occasion or get trumped by the Vikings.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
-Munch-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

You don't think that's a stupid thing to say? I'm not really upset, but it's a childish response. Usually guys will say something like 'Oh I wont be thinking about that, I'll be focusing on trying to do my job and help my team win'. He sounds like some little kid sitting in the stands. You can show respect by saying something like 'Oh he's a great player we're going to have to play great because he's going to make some plays'. But whatever, I just don't think anyone should stand around and be 'entertained' by someone on the other team, ever. Focus on your own problems.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I legitimately decided to go to this game with a buddy of mine roughly an hour ago. It's five hours away, and we had not had any discussions about it prior to 9 o'clock. 10 minutes and about five texts later, we're making the trip. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I legitimately decided to go to this game with a buddy of mine roughly an hour ago. It's five hours away, and we had not had any discussions about it prior to 9 o'clock. 10 minutes and about five texts later, we're making the trip. Laughing

Haven't taken one of those trips in a while... but those always end up being awesome trips. I remember a bunch of camping trips or trips to Austin or Phoenix being brought up and "planned" just a few hours before we left.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

Awesome! I hope you enjoy your visit. Youll quickly realize why the Vikes need a new stadium. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 7 of 37

Jump to: