Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Dallas Mavericks Thread - PLAYOFFS BABY!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WakaKoalaFlame

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
4th or 5th seed, take OKC or LAL in the 2nd round to 6 or 7 games. I'd be really happy with that.

I would too. I wouldn't rule out the Spurs getting the #1 seed again. They are remarkably resilient.

Yep. Kawhi Leonard is such a stud. I think he's gonna take a huge step this season.
Terrance Williams:
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
the lone star wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
4th or 5th seed, take OKC or LAL in the 2nd round to 6 or 7 games. I'd be really happy with that.

I would too. I wouldn't rule out the Spurs getting the #1 seed again. They are remarkably resilient.

Yep. Kawhi Leonard is such a stud. I think he's gonna take a huge step this season.

I hope, for the Mavericks sake, that he does not. I think Mayo is gonna make some big strides this year. Collison too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
the lone star wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:

I hope, for the Mavericks sake, that he does not. I think Mayo is gonna make some big strides this year. Collison too.

Even though he's a Spur, he is definitely one of my top 5 players.

And yes, I can see Mayo averaging 20 ppg this seaspn but FG% and defense will be the prime things he needs to show.
Terrance Williams:
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
the lone star wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
the lone star wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:

And yes, I can see Mayo averaging 20 ppg this seaspn but FG% and defense will be the prime things he needs to show.

He has been working on his shooting with Carlisle, which is great to hear. And he has the talent to play defense, he just needs to buy in. Carlisle is pretty good at getting players to buy into defense

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
the lone star wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
the lone star wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:

He has been working on his shooting with Carlisle, which is great to hear. And he has the talent to play defense, he just needs to buy in. Carlisle is pretty good at getting players to buy into defense

That he is, and Mayo wasn't a horrible defender before coming here like some said JET was. Mayo's got a good sense of how to play defense, and his lateral quickness can make it tough on players to score, so now all he needs to really do is muscle the competition up and get more tenacious like Marion and Stevenson.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
the lone star wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
the lone star wrote:
WakaKoalaFlame wrote:

20 ppg would be awesome, but I see more like 17-18 ppg because of our rotation. Not that big of a difference though.

I can see Collison averaging 6 assists per game now that he's back in the West and will be running more pick and rolls. Plus, he has a deeper team with more scoring options. This might be the deepest team he's ever played on tbh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Collison will be the guy running the offense. I hope that bodes well for us. I want to see Delonte run it some too. He had some great ideas last year. The surrounding talent just wasn't quite there. It's there this year.

Roddy B has impressed me with his ability to run the offense too. I think he can be a good backup PG in the league.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big OJ fan here. Have been one since him and Walker were sharing the same HS uniform, actually.

I think a fresh change of scenery will do him good. Do any of you have a projected statline for him?

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
WakaKoalaFlame

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Big OJ fan here. Have been one since him and Walker were sharing the same HS uniform, actually.

I think a fresh change of scenery will do him good. Do any of you have a projected statline for him?

If he plays his best, I can see 20 ppg 3 rpg 4 apg on 46%

I'm gonna say 17 ppg 3 rpg 4 apg on 44% shooting with above average defense.
Terrance Williams:
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

If he plays his best, I can see 20 ppg 3 rpg 4 apg on 46%

I'm gonna say 17 ppg 3 rpg 4 apg on 44% shooting with above average defense.

I'll agree with your prediction. That seems reasonable to me. Perhaps 3 assists instead of 4 though. No biggie either way because he's not gonna be getting major minutes at PG.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

43 minutes til Mavs play.
Terrance Williams:
the lone star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakaKoalaFlame wrote:
43 minutes til Mavs play.

I hope Mayo and Collison look good. Are both playing today?

I'm confident Kaman and Brand will give us what we expect/want, so I'm just concerned about the backcourt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddy B and Dirk are both injured. Anybody concerned?

I'm concerned about Roddy. Dirk will be fine. We know he'll have an all-star season, but with Roddy, this is supposed to be a contract, make-or-break year. The last thing you want is for him to be unhealthy at a time like this.

Still a lot of days left before the regular season starts, but it's already not going so well for the Frenchman.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayo, Jae Crowder, and Vince Carter had pretty good games for us against the Rockets.

DoJo and Collison had a good amount of assists, while Kaman held his own on the boards. Brand and Marion were solid as well.

Delonte is now banned/suspended for a bit. Let's hope that situation clears up soon. I'd like him back fo sho.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaman's jumper is legit. He needs to be our 2nd or 3rd scorer this year. Mayo has to be as well.

Hopefully Collison figures his shot out. He hasn't been so good at putting the ball in the hoop this preseason.

Vince Carter has been a pleasant surprise though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 24 of 58

Jump to: