Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Oregon Ducks Thread, v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
swoosh wrote:
My dad surprised me with a ticket to the game tonight. I love you, dad. Very Happy

lucky....

Tickets must have went down. Section 28 - Row 11 for $80. Not too shabby.
Woah that's not bad. I thought they would have been like 120+ for that spot. They must have. Weird that they went down with the UW Stanford upset. Also I noticed that UW secretly is 4-1 with it's only loss to a top 5 team. Weird. I don't think that they are very good but the fact that that hasn't been brought up makes me wonder if they would have caught hype at all this year sans a USC/UO/LSU upset
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, we're going bowling!

Laughing

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 318 rush yds(7.6), 660 rec yds(13.2), 5 TDs
Tyner: 387 rush yds(4.4), 65 rec yds(7.2), 4 TDs
Freeman: 1050 rush yds(5.6), 106 rec yds(9.6), 16 TDs
Eksynyt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 in a row over Washington...beautiful Cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UO had visits from two 2014 kids yesterday. Santana Sterling and Dionte Sykes. Both from Chandler, Arizona but from different schools. Skykes has offers from UCLA and Colorado but said that pretty much everyone in his fam graduated from UO.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiko was named LB of the week nationally
kitsnow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF Cowherd put us at #1, after weeks of trashing us.
justo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitsnow wrote:
Jinx. Only because we have a bye so he can trash us next week.

So guys remember how Chip like left and then came back last year? What if that happens again? I think we forgot about it too early because if I'm him I split to the pros.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
kitsnow wrote:

So guys remember how Chip like left and then came back last year? What if that happens again? I think we forgot about it too early because if I'm him I split to the pros.
I beginning to like the Pros less. Too much prima donna style guys. People ahve to do stupid dances every time they score, they hold out for more money, they get traded, etc.

Just seems like it is so much better when DAT hands the ball to the ref and celebrates with his buddies then when Victor Cruz does an ugly Salsa dance.

Sig bet
justo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
justo wrote:
kitsnow wrote:

I beginning to like the Pros less. Too much prima donna style guys. People ahve to do stupid dances every time they score, they hold out for more money, they get traded, etc.

Just seems like it is so much better when DAT hands the ball to the ref and celebrates with his buddies then when Victor Cruz does an ugly Salsa dance.

Couple things. 1) Packers>Ducks 2) NCAA>NFL for me but I feel like the prima donna style thing is the total opposite. Way more of it in college football and it's a bigger part of the talk than in the NFL. That being said I understand the money/motivation thing. It's not like sCam didn't get us with that though either Sad Also doesn't DAT get lifted by like half our team each time he scores? How isn't that a celebration?
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
justo wrote:
kitsnow wrote:

Couple things. 1) Packers>Ducks 2) NCAA>NFL for me but I feel like the prima donna style thing is the total opposite. Way more of it in college football and it's a bigger part of the talk than in the NFL. That being said I understand the money/motivation thing. It's not like sCam didn't get us with that though either Sad Also doesn't DAT get lifted by like half our team each time he scores? How isn't that a celebration?
it is. But he goes and celebrates with the team (which is what I said) rather than each guy planning a stupid dance or something. Seeing players hold out for money or complain about money gets old.

Plus the biggest factor to me is the variety of football. You see 3-3-5, 4-2-5, 4-3, 3-4, 1-1-9 (made that up Wink ). You see Veer, Air raid, Flexbone, Wishbone, singleback, WCO, etc in college. In the NFL you see WCO and 3-4 Air Coryells.

Also you see the prima donna thing in college? You hardly hear college players talk. How can DAT be a prima Donna when the most I ever heard him talk was at his announcement for Oregon. On the other hand I hear CJ0K say he's gonna run for 2,500 yards and that his team needs to step it up for him to succeed.

Sig bet
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer NCAA 100x over NFL.

Oregon RB Tracker
justo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Also you see the prima donna thing in college?
You ever seen national signing day? It starts early with a lot of these college players. The usual suspects in the NFL (TO, Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Cruz) weren't high picks in the NFL and used that chip. Idk. May be in the wrong here you make good points.

Oregon Ducks wrote:

But is it because the personalities? To me it's because there is more and it seems more passionate. More upsets, actual underdogs. More story lines. More moving parts. The fact that it's the people's alma mater has a lot to do with that too. Idk. I agree with you on the NCAA>NFL thing though
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

But is it because the personalities? To me it's because there is more and it seems more passionate. More upsets, actual underdogs. More story lines. More moving parts. The fact that it's the people's alma mater has a lot to do with that too. Idk. I agree with you on the NCAA>NFL thing though

Nothing to do with the personalities. Everything to do with the other things you listed.

Oregon RB Tracker
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also part of it is the coverage of the NFL. The analysts are terrible in the NFL. I feel most college analysts can cover NFL better than the NFL can.

I remember 2 years ago Lions showing up in the "Pistol". The analyst (not play by play guy) said "I'd have no idea what to do on defense if someone came out in that. I have never seen that before".

Really!?!?!

They seem like they have no idea what an Option is when Cam runs it. Laughing Zone read is below them or Mars to them one of the 2.

Sig bet
justo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Also part of it is the coverage of the NFL. The analysts are terrible in the NFL. I feel most college analysts can cover NFL better than the NFL can.
I feel like NFL analysts are way more stat driven. I don't see anyone trying to use sabermetrics for college football. Also I think fantasy football may have a hand in that even if it's not obvious.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 59 of 99

Jump to: