Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For where this team is slated to be picking, in that 16-20 range, the top 5 players on my wish list include;

1. Manti Te'o
2. Xavier Rhodes
3. Eric Reid
4. Justin Hunter
5. Barrett Jones

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players you want to see drafted ahead of our pick:

My personal list:

Matt Barkley, Jarvis Jones, Geno Smith, Barkevious Mingo,Tyler Wilson, Sam Montgomery, Luke Joeckel, Tyler Bray, Bjoern Werner, Alex Okafor, Manti Te'o, Robert Woods

In the 1st round, I'm really leaning to one of WR (Hunter, Allen) or best player available between the positions of DT (Star, Hawkins, Short, Jenkins), or CB (Rhodes, Milliner, Banks) or S (Reid).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Acquiring Wallace really intrigues me. Suppose we were to trade down from the middle of the first round to later in the round (and hopefully pick up a 2nd in the process). Since teams seem to over-value draft picks leading up to and during the draft, perhaps we could entice the Steelers into taking just a late-1st for him? Then we would have a decent WR core of Wallace-Simpson-Harvin-Rudolph. What would you think about this scenario?

Wish it were that easy to get a second rounder, but that isn't what we would get. Last year the Cowgirls traded their 14th and a second rounder for the 6th overall pick. As of right now, it doesn't look like we will be picking that low.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just not a fan of trading picks (1st/2nd)s for Wallace.
Not a question of his talent, I just rather offer big money to a WR (and keep all our picks).

We have had recent success for our picks, and I want that to continue.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kllerman:
You'd rather roll the dice on a guy that has never played a down, than trade a first round pick for Wallace, a proven guy that you know is a great player? I don't understand that logic at all.

Now, if you want to argue, as CM did, that it is also about money and keeping those picks, great. But name a free agent WR that will be even close to Wallace next year.
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy I'm interested in is Georgia LB Alec Ogletree. He seems like a perfect fit as a coverage MLB in a zone heavy scheme. Went to Georgia as a safety and has bulked up, crazy athleticism. One downside is that he has had some off field issues. He's a Junior, so who knows if he enters early.

Here is a video of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IYBhD90dWk

If nothing else, watch the onside kick he recovers at 24 seconds Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Kllerman:
You'd rather roll the dice on a guy that has never played a down, than trade a first round pick for Wallace, a proven guy that you know is a great player? I don't understand that logic at all.

Now, if you want to argue, as CM did, that it is also about money and keeping those picks, great. But name a free agent WR that will be even close to Wallace next year.

I'd concur with your here, PCP. At the very least, it would pay to let the Steelers know we were interested. Wallace would really elevate our receiving corps, and we would have to make the determinaiton during the draft if there was a player we coveted more than him (in which case we obviously just draft the player) or try to work out some sort of trade.
Zephiel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Reid is not looking good today... not really showing up at all. No big plays, generally a nonfactor in the run game today.

On the other hand, Matt Elam is playing great. Making huge tackles in the run, and had a forced fumble that was pretty pivotal for Florida.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Kllerman:
You'd rather roll the dice on a guy that has never played a down, than trade a first round pick for Wallace, a proven guy that you know is a great player? I don't understand that logic at all..

All things considered, I just don't think I'd give up a 1st for Wallace. He's good, but not great. I'd rank him just inside the top 10 recievers in the league. He's also a bit limited compared to other recievers, due to size, and the lack of a short/over the middle type of game. He's producing with a very good QB (Ben), who extends plays like crazy, and has one of the better deep balls in the game. Now talent wise, I'd probably pick him in the 1st round, but then you have the contract issue. He's 26, and will want to sign a big 5-6 year deal that will eat up cap for the forseeable future.

Is that worth a mid 1st round pick? I'm not so sure. I'd rather spend that on a more complete and younger reciever like Hunter or Keenan Allen. Maybe not as much of a guaruantee as Wallace, but more upside, and much friendlier on the cap situation.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it would make us very small but there is a part of me that is really curious if you could have Percy Harvin and a guy like Tavon Austin on the field together. The YAC potential of those two would be downright scary.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Kllerman:

Because;

1.) The guy wants big money. He wants to be paid like one of the best receivers in the league. If he's such a great and proven player, then why hasn't Pittsburgh given him that contract?

2.) If you're going to give a guy big money, I'd rather roll the dice and see if I can land him in free agency, than have to give up 1 or 2 top prospects AND pay the guy to keep him happy.

3.) When a guy holds out the way Wallace did, it's pretty obvious that his #1 priority is money. What happens when he gets paid?

4.) Just because a player is great on one team, doesn't mean he'd be great on another. More and more we are seeing big name free agents sign for big time money, then disappear. It's becoming just as much, if not more of a gamble, to sign a big name free agent as it is to draft a player in the 1st round.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Kellerman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to admit that in the case of Wallace there is the aspect of personal preference as well. My ideal reciever is more the Fitzgerald/AJ Green mold. Large frame, yet fluid athletes, guys that excel at every route and can snatch the ball out of the air against any defender. Wallace just doesn't fit that profile, you add in the money issue, and I have trouble giving up a 1st for that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that Justin Hunter will get taken before we pick, should the team continue to win. I'm okay with it, since we win games... but I REALLY like Justin Hunter.

Freakout wrote:
Our LT is Kaliling us.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nozizaki wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Justin Hunter will get taken before we pick, should the team continue to win. I'm okay with it, since we win games... but I REALLY like Justin Hunter.

Come the end of the season, I expect us to be picking in the middle of the draft somewhere. Woods, Allen and Hunter are all possible 1st round picks, I'd wager one of Hunter/Allen might fall to us.

Hunter is coming off an injury, and is the most raw of those 3 recievers. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the 3rd reciever taken.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Nozizaki wrote:

Come the end of the season, I expect us to be picking in the middle of the draft somewhere. Woods, Allen and Hunter are all possible 1st round picks, I'd wager one of Hunter/Allen might fall to us.

Hunter is coming off an injury, and is the most raw of those 3 recievers. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the 3rd reciever taken.

I think Woods drops much further than what his hype suggests right now. I could see him going mid to late round 1. However, I want nothing to do with Woods for this offense. I think Allen or Hunter are both ideal, but i just really cant see either leaving the top 10 given how many teams with young QBs should be picking in that top 10 next year. Teams like the Colts, Browns, Dolphins, the Rams are probably more desperate for WRs than MN.

Hunter may be raw but once he tests and shows off some if his explosive athleticism, he should be a top 10 pick. Allen is a slightly different breed of WR but he still has a lot of the ideal traits you look for in a premier WR prospect. I expect Allen to go in that Michael Floyd range around 8-14.

There really isnt a great WR prospect but i do think its better at the top than last year's class. Problem is, MN should be picking around 16-22, there simply might not be value in taking a WR at that point in the draft if Hunter and Allen are gone.

My preference is still to draft defense in round 1, either at S, DT or a hybrid player like Xavier Rhodes.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 27 of 103

Jump to: