Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Notre Dame thread v 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
We are now the only team in the country that has not:

1. Trailed at any point this season
2. Allowed a rushing touchdown

Pretty sweet.

Our run D is real beast. I think that will def help us against Stanford in a few weeks.

Stanford's offense is horrible. Unfortunately, so is ours.
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the recruiting front...

4* CA S and current USC verbal Max Redfield is planning on being at the Miami game on an unofficial visit. One could logically assume he might stop by the campus the day after. Also in attendance will be 2014 IL LB Clifton Garrett (stud), who was at the Michigan game.

Visiting for Stanford are 4* AZ CB Priest Willis and 4* CA CB Chris Hawkins. 4* AZ WR Devon Allen was going to visit but was told by the staff that there is no room for him in this class.

Visiting for BYU is 4* FL RB Tarean Folston, who may or may not be the only RB left on our board. 4* NJ RB Corey Clement tried to commit at the Michigan game, but was denied. There were also rumors that 4* CA RB Khalfani Muhammad tried to do the same thing with a similar result.
pollino14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

Pretty sweet.

Our run D is real beast. I think that will def help us against Stanford in a few weeks.

Our offense is going to pick it up though!

If only we had Floyd still Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

Pretty sweet.

Our offense is going to pick it up though!

If only we had Floyd still Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Crying or Very sad

I'm waiting for Chris Brown and Davonte Neal to get more involved.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you guys expecting vs the 'Canes this weekend?

Jamison.'s Gallery
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
What are you guys expecting vs the 'Canes this weekend?

If we can prevent the big plays, I think we win comfortably. You guys only managed ~40 yards rushing on Kansas State, and I'm not sure you'll be able to do much better with our front seven appearing to be (it's early) one of the best in the country. Our secondary is still suspect, so I'm not very confident we can stop a good passing attack. I think we will be able to get a reasonable amount of pressure on Morris, since K-State managed 5 sacks and we have Stephon Tuitt (6 sacks, looks like a future first round pick), Louis Nix (1.5), and Prince Shembo (2) that can bring the heat and are future NFL players. Freshman Sheldon Day (2 sacks) can also rush the passer.

I'm expecting us to finally move the ball again. The 'Canes defense is absolutely terrible. Miami is giving up 495 yards a game, and against FBS schools is allowing 39 points per game. If we can't put up 30+, I'm going to be seriously concerned with this offense moving forward.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to watch Nic Weishar tonight play in Marist's homecoming game. That's my high school. I've seen him play several times, and he consistently looks like the best player on the field.

Any word on whether or not he's leaning toward ND?

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
I'm going to watch Nic Weishar tonight play in Marist's homecoming game. That's my high school. I've seen him play several times, and he consistently looks like the best player on the field.

He's very high on ND and has already visited several times, including the Michigan game two weeks ago.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

He's very high on ND and has already visited several times, including the Michigan game two weeks ago.

He's likely to play TE I believe, he's a great all around athlete, and is just physically more mature than most kids he matches up with. Rock solid person too. His brother is 21 and has colon cancer. He schedules his visits around his brother's chemo schedule so they can be together for visits.

77 catches for 1160 yards and 13 TDs is pretty good, especially for a sophomore. Marist has a more ground oriented offense this year, but he is still physically imposin and is working hard on his blocking technique.

Josh Ritter wrote:
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:

He's likely to play TE I believe, he's a great all around athlete, and is just physically more mature than most kids he matches up with. Rock solid person too. His brother is 21 and has colon cancer. He schedules his visits around his brother's chemo schedule so they can be together for visits.

77 catches for 1160 yards and 13 TDs is pretty good, especially for a sophomore. Marist has a more ground oriented offense this year, but he is still physically imposin and is working hard on his blocking technique.

Let me know how he does.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He played fairly well. He's limited by his quarterback, and was open several times early on deep routes, but the ball was underthrown and and intercepted , he did have to play DB early on. After he kept getting by them, they started giving him 12 yard cushions, and he would sit down on curl routes and eat up chunks of yards. just before halftime, Marist had the ball at the 1 foot line with 2:00 on the clock. He made three catches for 50 yards in 25 seconds.

In the second quarter he made several great catches and showed good YAC ability by carrying defenders. He made an impressive 12 yard TD catch on a quick slant. He caught the ball at the 6 and was immediately hit. He dragged the defender and was hit again at the one by a safety. He turned over and lunged backwards over the goal line.

He needs to really work on his blocking ability. Marist ran several toss sweeps to his side of the field and if he would have held his block longer they probably would have gone for long gains.

I think he is too slow to get separation as a receiver, but will need to add a ton of mass to play TE. If he can get stronger over the next year and a half (he quit his club basketball team to focus on football). He could be a very good receiving TE. I don't know what kind of rating he has right now, but like I said before, he looked like the best player on the field again last night.

Josh Ritter wrote:
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post. whoops.

Josh Ritter wrote:
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brian Hamilton ‏@ChiTribHamilton
Notre Dame qb Tommy Rees will start tonight against Miami. Everett Golson benched after a violation of team rules.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, very disappointed in Golson. Hope Rees can do well tonight, I believe he can do it.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly hasn't done anything to instill confidence. Needs to get his act together or Kelly will be starting Gunner Kiel next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 7 of 50

Jump to: