Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Medal of Honor Warfighter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Medal of Honor Warfighter Reply with quote

Anyone else download the beta today? I have this game reserved and so far so good. Think I'm gonna stick with this franchise and BF rather than get CoD every year.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I like it yet - though I didn't like the Battlefield 3 beta and that's probably one of my favorite shooters for the 360.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I'm not sure if I like it yet - though I didn't like the Battlefield 3 beta and that's probably one of my favorite shooters for the 360.

I think as of right now it's still only the one mode and map, so hard to get a real good feel for it, but from what I've played I like it.

nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty stoked for this game. Can't wait to play the campaign.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I played the beta for like 5 hours yesterday, I'm hooked. I really like how they have set up all the classes and everything. And with battlelog online, it really does feel like they are trying to make MoH the FIFA of fps. Plus the fireteams are a big plus, it really puts a focus on team work. Some may clamor for 3 or 4 person fireteams, but honestly I'm fine with it just being two people. The one thing I wish you could change so far is the ability to pick which fireteam you are on, kinda like how in BF you can pick your squad. There are times when I'll join a game with 2-4 people, and not everyone will end up on the same fireteam.

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 - I accepted your invite yesterday and it tossed me into a random game for some reason.

I'm still not sure if I like this game - I like the whole buddy system thing, just not sure about the overall gameplay itself. It feels to much like a generic Call of Duty and a generic Battlefield 3 mixed together.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Jetsfandan423 - I accepted your invite yesterday and it tossed me into a random game for some reason.

I'm still not sure if I like this game - I like the whole buddy system thing, just not sure about the overall gameplay itself. It feels to much like a generic Call of Duty and a generic Battlefield 3 mixed together.

Weird, I don't know why it did that for. Obviously match making still isn't perfect, but that's why this is a beta.

It does feel like a hybrid of CoD and BF, but that is what they are shooting for I think. They don't want it to be as large in scope as BF3, but they want it to be more team based than CoD.

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get grooved in now and have been enjoying myself the past two days playing this. I have two issues though - the guns just don't feel right, it seems like the tried to hard to mix the Call of Duty gun feel and the recoil from BF3, hopefully this is something that is fixed; and secondly, it seems like I die from behind A LOT, but this could just be the map design.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I'm starting to get grooved in now and have been enjoying myself the past two days playing this. I have two issues though - the guns just don't feel right, it seems like the tried to hard to mix the Call of Duty gun feel and the recoil from BF3, hopefully this is something that is fixed; and secondly, it seems like I die from behind A LOT, but this could just be the map design.

I noticed that too, but I think it is map design. The spawns really weren't perfect though either, so hopefully that gets tweaked too.

Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so this game got slaughtered in reviews, but I don't think it's that bad. But, I do have to say the campaign is pretty lackluster. It's nothing we haven't already seen before, and in this case I think they need to leave some of the drama to CoD and BF. Some of the levels felt like Act of Valor the movie, which I was fine with. But then others felt kinda out of place, like the one where you have to drive through a sand storm ala Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. I really liked the campaign from the last game more.

I will say I think the online is solid though, and kinda redeems this game. It's fun and I like how the class system is set up, it's something different from CoD. The modes are pretty fun, and I do like the fire team setup, makes it a bit more tactical. And like BF3, this game uses battlelog online so it's very easy to keep track of your stats and platoons and everything.

I don't think this game deserves the horrendous scores it's getting, but I would only give it a 6/10 personally. Campaign really needs to be improved upon, but they took a positive step with online play. This game does feel like they kinda rushed it, as evident by the huge list of bugs they needed to fix at launch. I think if they took a bit more time, the game would obviously benefit. MoH will never overtake CoD or BF anytime soon, but it can still be a solid military fps for those who just want something different.

D9-EM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the game so far. The MP needs some polishing but its very solid. Good maps, good game modes, good layout for the weapons classes... A step forward from the 2010 MoH (which was decent at best). If Danger Close keeps this up, MoH will once again be a successful franchise. 7.5/10 for me.

I think the bad reviews are stemming from gaming web sites like IGN not getting a pre-release copy of the game. It makes there review less relevant since anyone can just pick up the game and decide for themselves. Confused The game is better then these sites are giving it credit for.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

room mate got it. tried the online, it is terrible. I am sorry, but it is. The single player looks great in terms of graphics, but we all know it is boring and done before

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Peppers90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D9-EM wrote:
I think the bad reviews are stemming from gaming web sites like IGN not getting a pre-release copy of the game. It makes there review less relevant since anyone can just pick up the game and decide for themselves. Confused The game is better then these sites are giving it credit for.

Metacritic has it at 54 with no positive critic reviews. So it's not just IGN.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't trust any review sites for first person shooter; I watched some reviews on this game and everything they praise about call of duty they hammered this game. for. Everyone expects every shooter to compare to Battlefield or Call of Duty, there's no reason why this game should be scored as lowly as it is.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The campaign was crisp but didn't have any mission where I was like "wow".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: