Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hightower vs Woolfe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 7835
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, i think Wolfe has been solid thus far. He has basically been what most expected.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1782
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
As others have said, i think Wolfe has been solid thus far. He has basically been what most expected.

If you had to do it all over again, would you still trade out of #25? Would you draft Wolfe or take another player?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5148
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
As others have said, i think Wolfe has been solid thus far. He has basically been what most expected.

If you had to do it all over again, would you still trade out of #25? Would you draft Wolfe or take another player?


Actually, I'm kind of happy with what we did. An Ol pick wouldn't have bothered me either. By the way, how are the rookie O Linemaen doing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 16364
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
As others have said, i think Wolfe has been solid thus far. He has basically been what most expected.

If you had to do it all over again, would you still trade out of #25? Would you draft Wolfe or take another player?


Actually, I'm kind of happy with what we did. An Ol pick wouldn't have bothered me either. By the way, how are the rookie O Linemaen doing?
Cordy Glenn hasn't been too bad.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grizmo78


Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 703
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
As others have said, i think Wolfe has been solid thus far. He has basically been what most expected.

If you had to do it all over again, would you still trade out of #25? Would you draft Wolfe or take another player?


Actually, I'm kind of happy with what we did. An Ol pick wouldn't have bothered me either. By the way, how are the rookie O Linemaen doing?
Cordy Glenn hasn't been too bad.


He was my dream pick... I would have taken Glenn at 25. After we traded down I was screaming for us to pick Glenn then trade up with those picks to get Kendall Reyes. Honestly, any of the remaining DT's would have been fine for me... Still wish that happened.

With that said, I think Wolfe was a solid pick at the top of the second round. Nothing flashy, but an all around solid player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1782
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grizmo78 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
As others have said, i think Wolfe has been solid thus far. He has basically been what most expected.

If you had to do it all over again, would you still trade out of #25? Would you draft Wolfe or take another player?


Actually, I'm kind of happy with what we did. An Ol pick wouldn't have bothered me either. By the way, how are the rookie O Linemaen doing?
Cordy Glenn hasn't been too bad.


He was my dream pick... I would have taken Glenn at 25. After we traded down I was screaming for us to pick Glenn then trade up with those picks to get Kendall Reyes. Honestly, any of the remaining DT's would have been fine for me... Still wish that happened.

With that said, I think Wolfe was a solid pick at the top of the second round. Nothing flashy, but an all around solid player.


I agree. But from what I have seen, had we been able to swing a deal to get both Glenn and Reyes- that would have been awesome. Certainly better than just Wolfe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Glenn. Mike Adams has more potential. That's actually who I would have drafted with our pick.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5148
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Not a fan of Glenn. Mike Adams has more potential. That's actually who I would have drafted with our pick.


I was surprised when we didn't pick him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Russell2Bailey


Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 12905
Location: Where I will, I'll roam.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn has gotten off to a great start with the Bills and Mike Adams has only played for the Steelers when someone's been injured. So far, Glenn's been the more superior player and it hasn't even been close.
_________________
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Glenn has gotten off to a great start with the Bills and Mike Adams has only played for the Steelers when someone's been injured. So far, Glenn's been the more superior player and it hasn't even been close.


Meh. The Bills are a short passing, get it out quick team. Demetress Bell started at Left Tackle for them and had no troubles. Now look at him on the Eagles.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grizmo78


Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 703
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to clarify that I saw Glenn as a Guard, not a tackle. Thought he has more potential than DeCastro (sp?). Can you imagine a line of Clady-Glenn-Walton-Franklin-?RT in the future?!

Man I wish I was a GM! Most of the people I wanted are really good players! exceptions include Jarron Gilbert, Marvin Austin, Brian Price (intersting that they're all Dlineman...) Was dying to get Dunlap, Phil Taylor in a trade up, Jurrell Casey, one of Cushings/Mathews back in 09, Pouncey or Mack, and of course Glenn this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Brandon Brooks has more potential than both of them.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21209
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
^Brandon Brooks has more potential than both of them.


I only saw one game of his (a 27-0 defeat to Cincinnati) whilst watching Derek Wolfe, and I didn't think his lateral athleticism would be good enough for a Gary Kubiak Offense. I was very surprised with the pick.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I only saw one game of his (a 27-0 defeat to Cincinnati) whilst watching Derek Wolfe, and I didn't think his lateral athleticism would be good enough for a Gary Kubiak Offense. I was very surprised with the pick.


Maybe he's lost weight since you have seen him. I saw him in Texans preseason games and while he was raw and as a result he had some penalties(which Texans fans overreacted to, one of the penalties was a BS call), his blocking actually looked pretty good particularly after the first game. He generated good push. As far as quickness goes, I'll put it this way, he's no slower than last year's starter Mike Briesel. If he was a little more explosive when taking off for downfield blocks and just a tad smoother he would be a complete monster. But he's definately got good athletic ability for a man his size, enough to play in the scheme for sure.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beast98


Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 108
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Hightower vs Woolfe Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Woolfe has looked very ordinary since week one.


Not sure I agree with this statement. Going back through the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quarters of weeks 2-4, Wolfe created consistent pressure in the pass rush, sometimes occupying double and triple teams. Furthermore, in the games versus Houston and Oakland, both opponents seemed to run away from Wolfe. To the minimally skilled eye, that seems to be a conscious effort to avoid a rookie DE/DT; this may partially be attributed to the improvement of Miller in run defense, but I don't think that is the entire story. Additionally, Wolfe seems to constantly pursue from the back side of the play when action flows away from him. This profile doesn't seem to be one of an "ordinary" player. If Wolfe can occupy blockers or funnel action to Von/Elvis, isn't that a HUGE upgrade from previous editions of the Broncos?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group