Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/fragel_reid00.html

Fragel Reid RT Ohio State
Former TE until this spring and has jumped up 30 pounds. Listed as 6'8" 310. Anyone been watching many tOSU games?
justo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/price_sheldon00.html

Sheldon Price CB UCLA 6'2" 180 looks like a solid TT fit. Coached by former Atlanta HC Jim "L not Jr" Mora. I think UCLA plays a 3-4 now so it would fit pretty well from what I understand. Just a name to keep in mind during draft time. Not sure we are really in the market for a CB but whatever
justo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trio of posts

Mike Gillislee RB Florida
2009 31 267 1 TD
2010 58 325 7 TD
2011 56 328 2 TD
2012 69 402 5 TD

Was part of a stable of RBs his entire career at UF but he's the lead back for the Gators now. Went 146 and 2 TDs against LSU's great defense today/yesterday. Listed at 5'11" 209. 4.45ish speed with KR ability. From what I hear he can catch although his production doesn't show much over his four year career. Didn't redshirt. Most carries he ever had in a game prior to this year was 11 against UAB last year. Low wear on his tires.

him vs Texas A&M this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUHMKSzhjpI

As far as senior RB's go I think he's the best fit for what GB's trying to do. What happened to that TAMU RB that everyone was talking about last year? Honestly haven't heard a peep about him in 2012.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think there are a bunch of eyes on Gillislee with hopes he'll hold up all season. Tough kid, but a built up small frame.

I like this RB class at large. But I'm not real sure I see that guy I'm in love with for the Packers as I have been with some others like Lynch, Coffee, Murray, Ridley, ect. The elite in the class are volume backs! Then again, TT might see the value in "that guy" after a year of Benson.

As is, just not sure a see a RB at board slot that I would love that much more than Green another year removed from the knee. There is some high risk talent on this late board that looks more appealing for me right now anyway. Harris, Dyer, Davis, ect.

Draft day is still a long ways off though. Guys like Redd, Ellington, Bernard, Randle, ect all work if they can hold up and show well. Very hard to feel speed with the smaller backs and many times that sets the board for them.

TT is a value guy. Hard for me to pick a set of legs this early with everything in. You look at his history, then you look at Benson's season, then you add it all up and try to find a value back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Think there are a bunch of eyes on Gillislee with hopes he'll hold up all season. Tough kid, but a built up small frame.

I like this RB class at large. But I'm not real sure I see that guy I'm in love with for the Packers as I have been with some others like Lynch, Coffee, Murray, Ridley, ect. The elite in the class are volume backs! Then again, TT might see the value in "that guy" after a year of Benson.

As is, just not sure a see a RB at board slot that I would love that much more than Green another year removed from the knee. There is some high risk talent on this late board that looks more appealing for me right now anyway. Harris, Dyer, Davis, ect.

Draft day is still a long ways off though. Guys like Redd, Ellington, Bernard, Randle, ect all work if they can hold up and show well. Very hard to feel speed with the smaller backs and many times that sets the board for them.

TT is a value guy. Hard for me to pick a set of legs this early with everything in. You look at his history, then you look at Benson's season, then you add it all up and try to find a value back.

What do you think of Eddie Lacy? He's one that really intrigues me. I could see him leaving early because of all the backs they have/have coming in.

El Ramster on the amazing work
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him. But that's one of the volume backs I was talking about. Like the prospect, just not sure how productive he would be in Mac's system given the reps. LIS, maybe having a grinder like Benson for a year will change his line of thinking. Guess we'll see, long season.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the one mock on here, would getting Lattimore really be a good idea? I definitely love him as a prospect, but it seems like another situation where Spurrier is getting all the use he can out of him and I don't know how much he'd have left to give in the NFL. Doesn't seem ideal in that sense.

Perhaps he's one of the few that can pull it all together and do well though. I don't quite have a grasp on which guys can handle being the bell-cow and college and which can't.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
After seeing the one mock on here, would getting Lattimore really be a good idea? I definitely love him as a prospect, but it seems like another situation where Spurrier is getting all the use he can out of him and I don't know how much he'd have left to give in the NFL. Doesn't seem ideal in that sense.

Perhaps he's one of the few that can pull it all together and do well though. I don't quite have a grasp on which guys can handle being the bell-cow and college and which can't.

We made a heavy push for Lattimore when I was at PSU and I have had my eye on him since early high school. Kids special and I truly feel he is going to have a great career in the NFL.

Again though, we are talking about a clear valume back there that's going to come off the board day-1. Is the value there on a team led by Mac?

For the record. Lattimore is BY FAR the best RB talent in this class IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
We made a heavy push for Lattimore when I was at PSU
You were still at PSU during his recruitment?

EDIT: He was the #1 RB the year UO got the #2 (Lache Seastrunk). Seastrunk ended up doing nothing at UO, caused a huge pay for play thing, and transferred to Baylor. Lattimore is the best thing since sliced bread. Sad
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been of the mind that we need to draft DL or OL high. My mind might be shifting to S and someone like Kenny Vaccaro. I think he could bring some of that physical presence our D needs similar to Kam up in Seattle. Not quite the hit stick, but probably more rangy than Kam too.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
I've been of the mind that we need to draft DL or OL high. My mind might be shifting to S and someone like Kenny Vaccaro. I think he could bring some of that physical presence our D needs similar to Kam up in Seattle. Not quite the hit stick, but probably more rangy than Kam too.
He's a better Patrick Chung IMO. I still think C, NT/DE is higher than S need. Maybe RB too but you can find those later. I think C has to be a high need for us.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
He's a better Patrick Chung IMO. I still think C, NT/DE is higher than S need. Maybe RB too but you can find those later. I think C has to be a high need for us.

I agree on the lines. A really good physical safety could help change the attitude of this defense, especially with Bishop back. Burnett is nowhere near that guy. McMillian is showing some flashes though.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
We made a heavy push for Lattimore when I was at PSU
You were still at PSU during his recruitment?

EDIT: He was the #1 RB the year UO got the #2 (Lache Seastrunk). Seastrunk ended up doing nothing at UO, caused a huge pay for play thing, and transferred to Baylor. Lattimore is the best thing since sliced bread. Sad

Yup, was my last year working at Penn State. Watched him play a hand full of times live in high school. Was a man playing with boys! Still looks that way to tell the truth..... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount_truth wrote:
Anyone have input on jonathon cooper (north Carolina) at center?
Would you rather draft him to play center or Mario benavides?

Happy to see Cooper get some love on here. Kid gets a bad rap, but a good football player with a ton of upside in his game. That's a round1 interior lineman. He and the Bama boys are a click above the rest in this class IMO. Three day-1 grades inside for me this year though.

Jones is very safe in the Max Unger mold. Cooper has All-Pro ability at center and could also be one hell of a guard. Then ya have Warmack, and that young man grades out as well at guard as ANY broken down by my eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy what do you think are some important things to look at for OL? Honestly OL and S are the hardest for me to figure out. With S I think it's because you hardly see what's going on with "TV film".

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 20 of 100

Jump to: