Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tracking Ryan Tannehill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you currently believe Ryan Tannehill is the answer?
Yes, he is on the right track and just needs to develop with expirience.
93%
 93%  [ 54 ]
No, I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley was a Dolphin in 2013.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 58

phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/espns_jaws_loves_tannehill_and_his_transition_to_the_nfl/11890294

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/tannehills_developing_faster_because_of_dolphins_practice_style/11879533

Quote:
Whatís most impressive about Tannehill is his ability to adjust when the defense blitzes. When the defense rushes 5 or more defenders, Tannehill has completed 16 of 22 passes for 306 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT for a QB rating of 110. Thatís good. Actually, thatís the best of any quarterback in the NFL when blitzed. Pretty impressive for a guy who wasnít supposed to play this year, huh?

Guess we just have to hope they blitz more!? Laughing
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/espns_jaws_loves_tannehill_and_his_transition_to_the_nfl/11890294

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/tannehills_developing_faster_because_of_dolphins_practice_style/11879533

Quote:
Whatís most impressive about Tannehill is his ability to adjust when the defense blitzes. When the defense rushes 5 or more defenders, Tannehill has completed 16 of 22 passes for 306 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT for a QB rating of 110. Thatís good. Actually, thatís the best of any quarterback in the NFL when blitzed. Pretty impressive for a guy who wasnít supposed to play this year, huh?

Guess we just have to hope they blitz more!? Laughing

I found that to be very interesting though I don't think it keeps up near that height it does show that Tanny is very good with reads.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually at the point where just getting to see Tannehill play makes me look forward to Sunday so badly.

FF Member #67
phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
I'm actually at the point where just getting to see Tannehill play makes me look forward to Sunday so badly.

I was giddy with excitement when my new Nike On-Field Tannehill jersey showed up yesterday! Laughing

Dude, I've been rocking a Reebok Authentic Davone Bess jersey (love it!) since last season and man, what an amazing feeling to be able to order the jersey of a QB!!!

A QB!!!

I thought of you too. You said that Ryan would be the team's best option. Well, you got your Ryan. It wasn't Matty-Ice, but hey, we can finally look forward to these games now! Smile

Also...I noticed something. I have 4 jerseys:

#13 - Marino

#15 - Bess

#17 - Tannehill

#19 - Marshall (Was a gift)

We just cleared number #21 from the roster, right? That's a good number for DB or a WR!!! Laughing
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
Deets wrote:

I was giddy with excitement when my new Nike On-Field Tannehill jersey showed up yesterday! Laughing

Dude, I've been rocking a Reebok Authentic Davone Bess jersey (love it!) since last season and man, what an amazing feeling to be able to order the jersey of a QB!!!

A QB!!!

I thought of you too. You said that Ryan would be the team's best option. Well, you got your Ryan. It wasn't Matty-Ice, but hey, we can finally look forward to these games now! Smile

#13 - Marino

#15 - Bess

#17 - Tannehill

We just cleared number #21 from the roster, right? That's a good number for DB or a WR!!! Laughing

Thinking about ordering myself a Tanny Jersey for my Birthday coming up! I've been waiting to see how he does before I make the investment, but I think it's time. He has shown enough for me to know he will be starting as a Dolphin for a long time as long as he continues to work hard.

As for Matty Ice, I'd rather have RT17. Matty will never be anything but an above average QB in the NFL. And that's with elite talent all over the place and a really good O-line. Imaginge what RT17 could do with a couple more years experience and guys like Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, and Roddy White to throw to as well as a much better O-line?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
phinmun wrote:
Deets wrote:

A QB!!!

#13 - Marino

#15 - Bess

#17 - Tannehill

Thinking about ordering myself a Tanny Jersey for my Birthday coming up! I've been waiting to see how he does before I make the investment, but I think it's time. He has shown enough for me to know he will be starting as a Dolphin for a long time as long as he continues to work hard.

As for Matty Ice, I'd rather have RT17. Matty will never be anything but an above average QB in the NFL. And that's with elite talent all over the place and a really good O-line. Imaginge what RT17 could do with a couple more years experience and guys like Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, and Roddy White to throw to as well as a much better O-line?

Haha, well he's been putting up 30+ points a week for my fantasy team so he must be doing something right! Ryan's certainly shown that he knows how to win all throughout the regular season. Watching the Falcons he's definitely shown a 4th qtr type of clutch-ness too that everyone wants their QB to have. To me, that's what's evolved out of him over the last couple seasons.

It's not just end-of-the-game drives, it's those at times where nothing is going right. He sort of throws the offense onto his back and runs the team down for a quick score. He can jump start his offense which I think is exactly what great QBs do.

He may not be an Aaron Rodgers but he's got everything it takes to win in this league I think. Could Ryan win a Championship? I think so and that's really all anyone can hope to root for is someone who's good enough.

As for the jersey debate...

I figured that Tannehill would be starting for at least a few seasons if nothing else. Laughing Someone gave me a Marshall jersey last year and I just thought, man, I don't know! Laughing And of course, immediately he became a Chicago Bear. Maybe we'll get Ted Ginn Jr back and I can cross out the name or something!

Right now, I think I'd hold off on the Jake Long and Reggie Bush jerseys, but besides that, I think we're good! I say go for the Tannehill! Very Happy
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fully on the Ryan Tannehill bandwagon...each week he impresses me more and more and should be the starter for a long time. I wish they would let the guy throw some touchdowns....He and WRs do all the work to get inside the 10 then they let the RB's punch it in...."Hey Reggie, for all your hard work putting us in those 2nd and 12 and 3rd and 15, were going to let you punch this in."
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I'm fully on the Ryan Tannehill bandwagon...each week he impresses me more and more and should be the starter for a long time. I wish they would let the guy throw some touchdowns....He and WRs do all the work to get inside the 10 then they let the RB's punch it in...."Hey Reggie, for all your hard work putting us in those 2nd and 12 and 3rd and 15, were going to let you punch this in."

As long as running the ball gets us in the endzone I'm fine with doing it more often than we pass. But I'd like to see RT17 getting a few more reps in there if nothing else just to build his confidence and knowledge.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

As long as running the ball gets us in the endzone I'm fine with doing it more often than we pass. But I'd like to see RT17 getting a few more reps in there if nothing else just to build his confidence and knowledge.

He's going to need the experience....
Stats don't matter this year, but I would like to see the kid get double digit TD passes before the end of the season....
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://twitpic.com/b2px15

Like. A. Boss.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
patdt13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:

Like. A. Boss.

Meh. Matt Moore could of made that throw.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

Like. A. Boss.

Meh. Matt Moore could of made that throw.

hes fitted a few like that in versus Arizona too

im not at the point where I cant say it was luck or literally a bad decision that came off but its a good start and impressive timing and fitting it in to windows
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Tetsuya_Ryuji

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been posted or not on here but I ran across it today..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079047/article/rookie-qb-ranks-andrew-luck-ryan-tannehill-shine

I wasn't a fan of the Tannehill pick at 8 at all, he's looking like he's going to be proving me wrong on him which is nothing but something to look forward to. Hopefully he can keep progressing..
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am once again impressed with Tannehill's performance. He only amassed 185 yards through the air but was able to put a 0 in the INT category for the 2nd straight week while still throwing for a couple touchdowns, including one in the red zone where I think we all figured Lane would have gotten the carry. The 30-yd pass to Marlon Moore is exciting just because it shows Tannehill can see openings when they occur. The DB was completely out of position leaving Moore an open route to the goal-line. It's good to know Tannehill, even at an early stage, can make a young DB pay for a mistake.

While the numbers have Tannehill throwing for 16 INTs this season, I think it's very likely that we'll see that number wind up being less. He's simply not putting the ball in harms way very often. He got off to such a rough start statistically with those batted balls, it's certainly skewing that stats. In reality, he's not giving opposing DBs too much opportunity to make a play on the ball which is surprising considering all the things that should be inflating that INT stat: rookie QB, pass-heavy offense, no premier WRs, questionable running game, multiple top defensive opponents, etc.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this game is gonna look poor on the stat sheet. Glad we came out with a win though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: