Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let's hear it for the D - "The Bowles effect"
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 20532
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
This isn't directed at particularly anybody, just think it applies to these type of discussions.


See, I think Meco and now yourself have focused on the title rather than the content.

I'm not saying that Bowles is the one all controlling change we've had. However, he has made an impact, but so has adding some competent linebackers and having an offseason to implement the ideas.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
This isn't directed at particularly anybody, just think it applies to these type of discussions.


See, I think Meco and now yourself have focused on the title rather than the content.

I'm not saying that Bowles is the one all controlling change we've had. However, he has made an impact, but so has adding some competent linebackers and having an offseason to implement the ideas.


Quote:
Good post Marky, sorry for the long rant.


I ranted because I knew there were people reading your post with that mentality. I wasn't aiming the rant toward you!
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 20532
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
This isn't directed at particularly anybody, just think it applies to these type of discussions.


See, I think Meco and now yourself have focused on the title rather than the content.

I'm not saying that Bowles is the one all controlling change we've had. However, he has made an impact, but so has adding some competent linebackers and having an offseason to implement the ideas.


Quote:
Good post Marky, sorry for the long rant.


I ranted because I knew there were people reading your post with that mentality. I wasn't aiming the rant toward you!


Good. I like you rants btw.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense discussion, here's a breakdown of the defensive line production:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/10/10/dl-production-time-for-graham-to-get-more-snaps/



Should Graham be getting more snaps?
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 20532
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Defense discussion, here's a breakdown of the defensive line production:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/10/10/dl-production-time-for-graham-to-get-more-snaps/



Should Graham be getting more snaps?


Yes is the short answer (just like his arms). He's had a fire lit under him this season
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Should Graham be getting more snaps?


Yes is the short answer (just like his arms). He's had a fire lit under him this season


Laughing Yeah he has gotten some noticeable pressure on QB's, but like the rest of our guys for the most part, can't get them to the ground with the football still in hand. He did take Hunt's spot as the back-up LDE, so he is catching the coaching staff's eye. He better btw, because his roster spot could be in serious jeopardy past this season if he fails to produce tangible results.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7647
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Should Graham be getting more snaps?


Yes is the short answer (just like his arms). He's had a fire lit under him this season


Laughing Yeah he has gotten some noticeable pressure on QB's, but like the rest of our guys for the most part, can't get them to the ground with the football still in hand. He did take Hunt's spot as the back-up LDE, so he is catching the coaching staff's eye. He better btw, because his roster spot could be in serious jeopardy past this season if he fails to produce tangible results.


Hunt, Curry and Graham are the future.
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 33824
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham played I believe zero snaps on Steelers last drive, and he was the one who had gotten the best pressure on Ben the entire day.

I think it's about time, we put a DE inside on 3rd and long.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group