Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Hartline article
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patdt13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Brian Hartline article Reply with quote

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- In a pint-sized bathroom on a two-and-a-half hour flight from Ohio to Florida in early June, Miami Dolphins wide receiver Brian Hartline just wanted to be alone in his misery.

The pain was excruciating, like nothing he'd ever felt, and no timeout would help him here. So he paced between his aisle seat and the bathroom, back and forth, back and forth, as the minutes slogged along like a slow-motion replay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000074634/article/brian-hartline-took-painful-path-to-become-nfls-leading-receiver

#TeamMeowgatron
phinmun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an awesome read! I had no idea the struggles he had been facing. It's always great to read about real success stories. It's just sweet when you get to root for those guys because they play on your favorite team.

Hartline is clearly a class guy. I have now doubt after the way he come back from all that and performed that this team will take care of his through a new deal. He deserves it!
patdt13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
What an awesome read! I had no idea the struggles he had been facing. It's always great to read about real success stories. It's just sweet when you get to root for those guys because they play on your favorite team.

Hartline is clearly a class guy. I have now doubt after the way he come back from all that and performed that this team will take care of his through a new deal. He deserves it!

Yeah, I've always been a Hartline fan. This just solidifies him as one of my favorite Dolphins.

#TeamMeowgatron
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is so awesome. I had a 2 week vacation and I am ridiculously out of football shape after playing up until the day I left but this guy had all that wrong and is putting up yards in the NFL

shamed and humbled!
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, sounds like withdrawal symptoms. I seen the 25 lbs in 12 days, I lost a lot of weight when I got real sick once but not that much and I'm a bit overweight too.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know we are trying to get him locked up to a long term contract. We honestly are only a couple of offensive weapons from being a very dangerous offense! A seam threat at TE, a speedster like Andre Roberts, and a bigger possesion type guy who can get TD's in the red zone. If we even grabbed two of those 3, I think this offense could be legit!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Good to know we are trying to get him locked up to a long term contract. We honestly are only a couple of offensive weapons from being a very dangerous offense! A seam threat at TE, a speedster like Andre Roberts, and a bigger possesion type guy who can get TD's in the red zone. If we even grabbed two of those 3, I think this offense could be legit!
But we have Egnew, oh wait. This was going to be Clay's Breakout year, oh wait. for Possession guy we have B-Marsh, oh wait. Speedster, we have Gates, oh wait. I'm not saying we should have kept those two by any means, just pointing out we had those types. I think Gates should have been given one more year. Couldnt be worse than Armstrong or Nanee who got roster spots at one point.
phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2104 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
But we have Egnew, oh wait. This was going to be Clay's Breakout year, oh wait. for Possession guy we have B-Marsh, oh wait. Speedster, we have Gates, oh wait. I'm not saying we should have kept those two by any means, just pointing out we had those types. I think Gates should have been given one more year. Couldnt be worse than Armstrong or Nanee who got roster spots at one point.

I would agree that sometimes people get too infatuated with size, height and speed. We need guys who produce. We don't have to look exactly like Green Bay or Arizona. We just have to get guys who can do their job when asked.

I think the coaches want to see development at this stage in the game. We're not a great offense so top-tier production isn't what they're looking for. Clearly Gates wasn't developing. He had time his rookie year to show something and he didn't. He had training camp as well and the coaches didn't like what they were witnessing. Naanee had veteran experience working in his favor which kept him above water for awhile. His upside is just too limited though.

Hopefully by the next time Tannehill throws for 400 yards it'll be more than just 3 guys catching passes.
carlos2104

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
carlos2104 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

I would agree that sometimes people get too infatuated with size, height and speed. We need guys who produce. We don't have to look exactly like Green Bay or Arizona. We just have to get guys who can do their job when asked.

I think the coaches want to see development at this stage in the game. We're not a great offense so top-tier production isn't what they're looking for. Clearly Gates wasn't developing. He had time his rookie year to show something and he didn't. He had training camp as well and the coaches didn't like what they were witnessing. Naanee had veteran experience working in his favor which kept him above water for awhile. His upside is just too limited though.

Hopefully by the next time Tannehill throws for 400 yards it'll be more than just 3 guys catching passes.
I comepletely agree with Bpasters assesment of our needs on Offense. It just frustrates me that it's always the same needs every year
phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2104 wrote:
phinmun wrote:
carlos2104 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

I comepletely agree with Bpasters assesment of our needs on Offense. It just frustrates me that it's always the same needs every year

Lol, tell me about it! Laughing We've always had massive holes to fill with 1st round picks. When we picked up Vontae we had no RCB. When we drafted Pouncey we badly needed O-line help.

I think we're finally at the point where it's not indulgent or sacrificial to take a stand-out player like Dallas always seems to do picking CBs and WRs highly. I mean, if its a defensive player I'll understand, especially if they're someone who can impact games like Patrick Peterson or Ed Reed but offensive we just need to get Tannehill weapons.

The nice thing is with this coaching staff, when there's a clear issue that can be seen even from the fans' perspective, they usually address it. In prior drafts I was always scared we'd pick an Odrick in the 1st round when so many other players would've been more exciting.

Now, I think it's universally agreed that we need an exciting player! Smile
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not doing this. I am not jumping on this bandwagon. I also seen Chambers put up huge receiving numbers to see him come back down to earth. Miami still needs a #1 WR. His last game did not change a thing for me. Maybe I should not say #1WR but other down the field threats. Great game Hartline but this week you face a better secondary and I am sure they will be keying on you moving forward. My guess his production will decrease dramatically and Bess will see his increase.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I am not doing this. I am not jumping on this bandwagon. I also seen Chambers put up huge receiving numbers to see him come back down to earth. Miami still needs a #1 WR. His last game did not change a thing for me. Maybe I should not say #1WR but other down the field threats. Great game Hartline but this week you face a better secondary and I am sure they will be keying on you moving forward. My guess his production will decrease dramatically and Bess will see his increase.

Going from 250+ yards to his normal 70-90 can be technically called a dramatic decrease, but at the end of the season, I still see between 900 to 1000 yards by seasons end. And his play is Great news for Jabar Gaffney. I haven't quite given up on Armstrong either.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

I am! I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

Here's a super-smart guy with great hands who catches everything thrown his way. He runs very good routes and has above-average speed. He'll command a medium-sized contract and will lead the team in work ethic.

Cut and dry. I'm on that bandwagon for sure. I don't care what number you assign him as long as he's playing WR for the Dolphins. Very Happy
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Going from 250+ yards to his normal 70-90 can be technically called a dramatic decrease, but at the end of the season, I still see between 900 to 1000 yards by seasons end. And his play is Great news for Jabar Gaffney. I haven't quite given up on Armstrong either.

It would take a pretty major decline or injury for Hartline to finish with 900 yards. That's 37 yards per game. Laughing Bess is already on a 1188 yard pace, so I wouldn't expect him to get a sudden boost, either.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect hartlines production to resemble today's effort as teams will key on him more. Sure, he will have the occasional 100 yard game but most will be 50-65 yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: