Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All Things Eugene "Geno" Smith Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muncy54 wrote:
Not his best game but plaed with some short fields so hm throing over under 300+ was to do more with Tavon long returnsand the fact Texas was begging them to run the ball...But withut Buie trpping on a wide ope catch and the very sure handed JD Woods dropping a ball he would hae had 6 TDs and had another great game

Most impressive thing was going in front of 100,000 for the 1st time having two fumbles yet he stayed calm didnt seem to faze him and he came out and helped his team get the go ahead score
Pretty sure Death Valley is the tougher venue

RIP Robin Williams
muncy54

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
muncy54 wrote:
Not his best game but plaed with some short fields so hm throing over under 300+ was to do more with Tavon long returnsand the fact Texas was begging them to run the ball...But withut Buie trpping on a wide ope catch and the very sure handed JD Woods dropping a ball he would hae had 6 TDs and had another great game

Most impressive thing was going in front of 100,000 for the 1st time having two fumbles yet he stayed calm didnt seem to faze him and he came out and helped his team get the go ahead score

read it was the 1st time WVU ever played in front of 100,000+ so just saying alot bigger than playing in front of the 10 ppl whp show up to big east road games last year
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by reports in local papers, 14 of the run plays last night were audibles at the line by Smith.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muncy54 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
muncy54 wrote:

read it was the 1st time WVU ever played in front of 100,000+ so just saying alot bigger than playing in front of the 10 ppl whp show up to big east road games last year
But isn't Death Valley over 100'000? Because that was a sold out game.

My mistake. It's at 95 thousand now. 100 is in 2014.

RIP Robin Williams
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cleveland lands the #1 pick they need to forget Weeden and pick this kid.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Jags continue to start Gabbert. He WILL lead us to the Geno sweepstakes.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
muncy54 wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
muncy54 wrote:

Crowd chanting "Geno sucks" didn't faze him either.

He said after the game "well i guess they know thats not true now" lol

I do some work with WVU and the people that work there that have talked to him all say he's a great person. Just a very intelligent, well spoken, nice person. FWIW...

Yeah, everything I've read/seen about him has all been great things. He's been well-spoken and humble in every interview.

The kid apparently has an incredible work ethic. Everyone knows about how after the Baylor game when asked about how he thought he did, all he said was that he plans on going to the film room all week and finding out why he had 6 incompletions and fixing them.

I don't see Barkley going ahead of him at all at this point. It's laughable how much better Geno is than Barkley.

Also, did someone really say his ceiling isn't that high??? His ceiling is MASSIVE. His ceiling isn't Matt Ryan...he has the potential to be elite.

Because spread offenses and Big 12 defenses prove how elite a quarterback is!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Geno > Barkley statement is pretty accurate.

Also, Big XII defenses or not, stretching back to the Orange Bowl Geno has thrown 30 TDs since the last time he's thrown a pick.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be the first time ever but I agree with baconrad. Geno's ceiling is higher than Matt Ryan. He possesses a strong arm, good athleticism and an extremely quick release. Those tools can take you as far as you need to go if you have the accuracy, mechanics, decision making and football IQ.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo is still hating? Confused

How?

RIP Robin Williams
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
Bo is still hating? Confused

How?
See USC Fan. Motives- Matt Barkley, Pac 12 being better, and using Colt Mccoy and Sam Bradford as starting scapegoats.

Even though WVU was playing an even easier schedule in the big 12.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A weak schedule doesn't entirely negate just how good he's been statistically, or more importantly, how good he looks beyond the stats in everything nfl scouts look for.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
This might be the first time ever but I agree with baconrad. Geno's ceiling is higher than Matt Ryan. He possesses a strong arm, good athleticism and an extremely quick release. Those tools can take you as far as you need to go if you have the accuracy, mechanics, decision making and football IQ.

That's not really going out on a limb. Ryan didn't possess much upside coming out of BC. Most saw him as a heady quarterback, but lacked the impressive physical tools to see tremendous amount of upside.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

That's not really going out on a limb. Ryan didn't possess much upside coming out of BC. Most saw him as a heady quarterback, but lacked the impressive physical tools to see tremendous amount of upside.

Not to be rude, but there's zero comparison between Ryan and Geno.

Geno is an elite Qb w/ elite tools. Ryan was a middling tools guy (Les Snead admitted to me that even Bradford had better tools than Ryan) who had great intangibles. Geno has fantastic tools and fantastic intangibles.

I couldn't possibly care any less about the numbers, statistics, etc. I look at Geno on tape, and I see a guy who can make all the throws, does so accurately, has very little mechanical work needed, has a great feel for the pocket, uses his legs to buy time, has no trouble when moved off his spot, throws well from the pocket or on the run, keeps his eye level up and down field, etc etc etc.

Also, just to give everyone a heads up, Barkley is going to measure in at 6'1" and change, not 6'2" If there's a Matt Ryan comparison to be made in this class, it's with Matt Barkley, not Geno Smith.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember NFL analyst liked Ryan's upside quite a bit. Not in terms of physical ability but in terms of potetinal. Many saw a Pro-Bowl caliber QB.

RIP Robin Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 14 of 23

Jump to: