Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Packers consider dealing Greg Jennings?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I genuinely believe that if we are going to deal Jennings, it will be soon and to the Jets. I would hate doing that to GJ, but the Jets probably would pay a high price for him and could desperately use him.

Just a thought

Stone65 with the sig!
Kenrik

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
chillparsi1 Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:17 am Post subject:

I genuinely believe that if we are going to deal Jennings, it will be soon and to the Jets. I would hate doing that to GJ, but the Jets probably would pay a high price for him and could desperately use him.

Just a thought

The Jets will turn to Tebow before they go out and aquire a weapon for Mark. At that point they won't want a precise route running WR because Tebow is not accurate enough. They need a break away go get it WR for Tebow
Kenrik

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
chillparsi1 Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:17 am Post subject:

Just a thought

The Jets will turn to Tebow before they go out and aquire a weapon for Mark. At that point they won't want a precise route running WR because Tebow is not accurate enough. They need a break away go get it WR for Tebow
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:

Just a thought

IF the Jets were really a wide receiver away from competing, I'd say that would make some sense. But that isn't the case. They've lost their identity of smash mouth run game at only 86.5 rushing yards per game. And then they're not getting pressure either. And then combine that with the Mark Sanchez turnovers and it makes no sense for them to go trade for Greg Jennings.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
chillparsi1 wrote:

Just a thought

IF the Jets were really a wide receiver away from competing, I'd say that would make some sense. But that isn't the case. They've lost their identity of smash mouth run game at only 86.5 rushing yards per game. And then they're not getting pressure either. And then combine that with the Mark Sanchez turnovers and it makes no sense for them to go trade for Greg Jennings.

Exactly. As much as I think Jennings is a great WR, I don't think it makes sense for the Jets to trade for a player like Jennings. I don't think there is a non-QB in the NFL who can turn this team from one picking in the top 10 to a playoff team. Maybe the Jets could go after him in FA, but I don't see a pick being traded here.
pollino14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who wants to trade Jennings after the brilliant game our WRs had today is nuts. Dude takes the pressure off of everyone. Jordy should give half his salery to GJ.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Anyone who wants to trade Jennings after the brilliant game our WRs had today is nuts. Dude takes the pressure off of everyone. Jordy should give half his salery to GJ.

Thank you! I hope this nonsense about trading Jennings ceases now that we saw how our offense is WITHOUT him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:

Despite Greg Jennings being terribly underrated and taken for granted by our fans, he's going to be turning 30 early next season, if we pay him now i'm sure plenty of the brilliant arm-chair GM's on this site would be splitting blood and teeth watching him get hurt and 'stealing money'.

Remember all those clowns on this site attacking Ted Thompson for re-signing AJ Hawk? How many tackles does Desmond Bishop have this season? That's how many of them have complained this season.

The offense doesn't tick without Jennings, but we shouldn't pay Jennings, I know that sounds contradictory, but we have to develop the guys we have know and disperse the money elsewhere.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think great value and it would help us this year.

Jennings
for
Lamar Miller/Karlos Dansby/4th

Karlos would lead our Defense and rally the troops, Smith has been a bust, next year we trade Hawk. Bishop and Dansby next year would rock.

Miller would give us the Sproeles type in the backfield since we don't want to use Cobb in that role. Miller is 15+ lbs bigger.
pollino14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Despite Greg Jennings being terribly underrated and taken for granted by our fans, he's going to be turning 30 early next season, if we pay him now i'm sure plenty of the brilliant arm-chair GM's on this site would be splitting blood and teeth watching him get hurt and 'stealing money'.

Remember all those clowns on this site attacking Ted Thompson for re-signing AJ Hawk? How many tackles does Desmond Bishop have this season? That's how many of them have complained this season.

The offense doesn't tick without Jennings, but we shouldn't pay Jennings, I know that sounds contradictory, but we have to develop the guys we have know and disperse the money elsewhere.

We have a team to win now. If we were a middle of the road team, I'd agree. But not with the team we have. He may be turning 30, but theres no reason why we shouldn't give him a 3-4 yr deal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please yes. to the Vikings. kthxbai
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Thing is, WRs with his skill set don't disappear at 30. They usually don't decline until mid-30s. Randy Moss was 30 when he set the TD record and his game relies entirely on speed and athleticism. Too much emphasis is put on players who are on the "wrong side of 30" that aren't RBs.

Considering the fact that we're already paying him 7m a season, the added cost to bring him back won't be crippling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: