Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5 GDT: Chicago Bears @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Biggs:
Quote:
#Bears with 501 yards total offense. First time they have topped 500 since Sept. 24, 1989 with 542 in win over Lions at Silverdome.

No word on Twitter on Alshon's hand yet either.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 5 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
B-Marsh has back to back 100 yard games, the 1st Bears WR to do that since Marcus Robinson in 1999.

That was Peanut's 8th defensive TD of his career, besting Mike Brown's franchise record. He extended his record of pick sixes with 7.

B Marsh has 35 catches 496 yards and 3 TDs in 5 games.

God that looks good.
yeah it does....I can't ever remember a WR anything like him in Chicago.

We looked like world beaters in the second half...and the D is playing great so far this year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Brad Biggs:
Quote:
#Bears with 501 yards total offense. First time they have topped 500 since Sept. 24, 1989 with 542 in win over Lions at Silverdome.

Unless it's broken I'm not sure we will hear anything more than "He's getting better" until after the bye. Kid's a real player though so hopefully it's not serious.

Also, as for early returns (thru 5 games):

Jeffery: 14/184/2
Michael Floyd: 6/60/1

Not sayin'. Just sayin'.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody on NFL Network said that was indeed the first time in NFL history that teammates had defensive TDs in back to back games.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per @ScottLindholm,
Quote:
#Bears 38-point victory margin is largest for a halftime-tied game since 1940, and possibly ever.
mjh91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game. That second half was totally unexpected. Jacksonville had a good game plan, but it doesn't matter how you start. So glad to be a Bears fan.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Someone needs to make a Sig or avy out of that Bush hurdle. AND it needs to be a part of the GDT OP going forward.

The Jaguars forum had it.

Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another stat: The Jags are now averaging 6.7 points at home. The Bears defense is averaging 9.3 points on the road. Not points given up, but 9.3 points scored.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A game of two halves. First half, we had a nice drive, but only got 3 points. We gave up 3 as well. We had little pass rush, Jax converted 3 3 and longs on one drive. Lovie gave a few choice words at the half, and we were a completely different team. 38 second half points, thats unheard of. Tillman and Briggs again with defensive TDs. Was I the only one who was reminded of Mike Brown back in 01 winning back to back OT games for us vs SF and Cleveland? Cutler was better in the second half. He needs to stop focusing on Marshall though. Seems like every other play is a pass to Marshall. Jay needs to utilize his weapons better. Jeffery(Hopefully he'll be fine) Davis, Bennett when he gets back, Davis, Hester. Next game is Detroit on Monday Oct 22. I got the night off for it, and I hope to hell its a lot better than the last game I took off.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
Here's another stat: The Jags are now averaging 6.7 points at home. The Bears defense is averaging 9.3 points on the road. Not points given up, but 9.3 points scored.

I'm sig quoting this...that's hilarious. Our defense scores more points than their offense. Laughing

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Has a team ever had the same 2 defensive players score defensive TDs 2 weeks on a row at the same time?

I doubt it. I checked the 2002 Bucs, because they had a bunch of defensive scores that year, but they never did it.
This is the first time two guys have scored in consecutive weeks. This is also the first time the Bears have scored defensive tds in three straight weeks sine 1950. I was four years old in 1950!!!! I remember it well.

Good solid game against a hapless team. We need to address the slow starts and keep running the ball early on. Peanut's return was a thing of beauty. Finally used the running game to grind them down. Nice screen with Bush. Picking up Bush was a GREAT move. If AJ misses any time we are going to need Bennett sooner than later.

Hester had a very good game with two incredible catches. Davis had some critical catches as well. Overall Jay was B second half A. Offense as a whole B. RBs A, Line B/B-, Defense A, Special Teams - C+. Robie B+. Punting B+. Nice to see Armando Allen with a beautiful td run.

Keep improving and we will be right where we want to be. We don't have to be perfect now just in January.

Throwing that game away at GB may not even matter as it looks like they are going to have a baaad year. Mn is for real though, and never was as bad as their record. The last two years they have had about as bad luck as you can get but have a good defense and Peterson, and a good coach. They are dangerous.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:

I'm sig quoting this...that's hilarious. Our defense scores more points than their offense. Laughing

You should probably put the date in there, because that will presumably change over the course of the season...maybe the gap will increase. Wink

I posted that in the Jags forum. Somehow I doubt they find it as funny as you do. Laughing
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Brad Biggs:
Quote:

Unless it's broken I'm not sure we will hear anything more than "He's getting better" until after the bye. Kid's a real player though so hopefully it's not serious.

Also, as for early returns (thru 5 games):

Jeffery: 14/184/2
Michael Floyd: 6/60/1

Not sayin'. Just sayin'.
Two of the best receivers I have ever seen play for the Bears come from South Carolina: Marcus Robinson and Jeffreys (I know its premature but I can't help it.....) We should just make a policy to draft whatever WR comes out of there from now on.

Marcus Robinson was the prototype: tall, big, fast and could jump. He was a beautiful WR. Without the injuries he would have set all the Bear records.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last thing: if you watch the end of the Briggs TD, Jags WR Mike Thomas gets caught in the celebration. Briggs and Jennings give him a hug like he helped blocked for the score. Laughing

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/0ap2000000077930/Gabbert-second-pick-six
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Any word on Alshons hand?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-1008-bears-bits--20121008,0,7142185.story

Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Alshon Jeffery will undergo an X-ray on his swollen right hand Monday and the Bears are hopeful the rookie wide receiver is not seriously injured.

Jeffery left Sunday's game after the first play of the fourth quarter when he got inside position on Jaguars cornerback Rashean Mathis to score on a 10-yard slant. Mathis had tight coverage, but quarterback Jay Cutler made an accurate throw and Jeffery was taken to the turf upon making the catch.

Jeffery wore a wrap on his hand when he entered the locker room and tried to downplay the significance of the injury.

"I could have kept playing," he said. "I'm confident it's not serious."

Jeffery's hand appeared rather swollen. He entered the weekend as the leading rookie wide receiver in the NFL with 12 catches for 164 yards and scored his second touchdown of the season while making one other reception for 10 yards in the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: