Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: Chicago Bears @ Jacksonville Jaguars 4:05PM ED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Bears by a little
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Bears by a lot
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Jaguars (lulz)
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

jagman777

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right AF, all dbs are terrible tacklers. Never been the 1 that could tackle well.

Think
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
You're right AF, all dbs are terrible tacklers. Never been the 1 that could tackle well.

Think

He got into his position and went down to wrap the legs. A lot of DBs don't even put that much effort into it - some just lead with their shoulders. It is common and since I have been watching SNF since I got back (almost a whole quarter), I've seen it at least 2 times and that's with barely paying attention.

It was a good play by Bush. Prosinski is not good, by any means, but faulting him there pleads A) ignorance, B) seeking something to be upset about, or C) both. If Bush doesn't hurdle then Prosinski wraps his legs up and brings him down short of the first down - standard play.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
jagman777

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or he just missed the tackle.

Occam's razor Wink
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious?

YOU HAVE THE VISUAL RIGHT HERE.

jagman777

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, it's disturbing how he was in position to make a tackle and whiffed. Why do you torture me with further viewing? : (
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
I know, it's disturbing how he was in position to make a tackle and whiffed. Why do you torture me with further viewing? : (

He goes in for the tackle and Bush hurdles. If Bush doesn't hurdle, it's a great tackle. That isn't a whiff, that's a good play by Bush.

It really isn't that hard to comprehend...

HuskieBear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

Think

He got into his position and went down to wrap the legs. A lot of DBs don't even put that much effort into it - some just lead with their shoulders. It is common and since I have been watching SNF since I got back (almost a whole quarter), I've seen it at least 2 times and that's with barely paying attention.

It was a good play by Bush. Prosinski is not good, by any means, but faulting him there pleads A) ignorance, B) seeking something to be upset about, or C) both. If Bush doesn't hurdle then Prosinski wraps his legs up and brings him down short of the first down - standard play.

That pretty much sums up derrek cox from that play too. he just leads with his shoulder and misses too.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

Think

That pretty much sums up derrek cox from that play too. he just leads with his shoulder and misses too.

I don't have an issue with Cox doing it there (since Prosinski was in position and Cox lead in with the shoulder high - it is more of an issue when it is down low because though it is still effective a lot of the time, getting set like Prosinski did maximizes the likelihood that the tackle is made), but yeah, he came closer to "whiffing" than Prosinski did and I wouldn't even call that a big whiff since Bush did such a good job there, but since Cox is good, he isn't going to catch much criticism compared to Prosinski.

Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. Jeepers, it's just a funny whiff. Laughing Doesn't need to be a big deal. Like i said, it was great form...on the ghost player there. His commitment to wrapping up the player who wasn't there was a big part of what made it so amusing. One amusing moment in a game that turned very not amusing in a pretty big hurry.

That's it. That's all it is. It's a funny moment in a game. It's not some big blame everything on Pros crusade or a detailed breakdown of his game or anything, it's just some lolz. I think we can all agree that he's not very good, but that was far from the worst play in the game. And he's so far from being the biggest problem with this team.

The serious commitment to missing seemed a fitting parallel for what this team has done as a whole this year.

Forgive me for trying to find some entertainment value in getting steamrolled again today. Laughing
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
lol. Jeepers, it's just a funny whiff. Laughing Doesn't need to be a big deal. Like i said, it was great form...on the ghost player there. His commitment to wrapping up the player who wasn't there was a big part of what made it so amusing. One amusing moment in a game that turned very not amusing in a pretty big hurry.

That's it. That's all it is. It's a funny moment in a game. It's not some big blame everything on Pros crusade or a detailed breakdown of his game or anything, it's just some lolz. I think we can all agree that he's not very good, but that was far from the worst play in the game. And he's so far from being the biggest problem with this team.

The serious commitment to missing seemed a fitting parallel for what this team has done as a whole this year.

Forgive me for trying to find some entertainment value in getting steamrolled again today. Laughing

But that's not what happens. He begins the form and the actions of the tackle before Bush hurdles and if you actually look, if Bush doesn't hurdle (which is what would happen in that situation about 99% of the time) then he would have wrapped the legs perfectly and brought him down short of the first down (probably with a big hit from Cox added in up high, too).

I mean, you can find entertainment in it, but it's like me finding entertainment in the clown outside my door right now (hint: there is no clown outside my door right now - at least, I surely hope not).

Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a funny play dude. He literally whiffed on Bush and did a great job wrapping up an armful of thin air. It's not 'imaginary'. It actually happened... Shocked

Yeah, DBs miss tackles all the time. Yeah, it was a solid play by Bush. etc. etc. etc. But it's still a lot funnier than the average missed tackle (we have a lot of those, if you didn't notice).
jagman777

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't argue with him. I'm beginning to think it's best to let him be as he begins to notice the ever shrinking GS Support Group around disappear completely, and he is left on an island all alone, watching the gif of Pros over and over again, a constant loop, driving him insane..

It's not a whiff
I love Gene Smiff
Bush made a play
Just not our day
We will improve
Okay to lose
we'll draft no busts
In Gene I trust

It's not a whiff
I love Gene Smiff..
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:

Well, in the spirit of comedy, here's the Jags home futility stat of the day:

The Jags are now averaging 6.7 points at home. The Bears defense is averaging 9.3 points on the road. Not points given up, but 9.3 points scored.
iPwn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
You can't argue with him. I'm beginning to think it's best to let him be as he begins to notice the ever shrinking GS Support Group around disappear completely, and he is left on an island all alone, watching the gif of Pros over and over again, a constant loop, driving him insane..

C'mon now. He (and I too for that matter) has said that if Gene has to go, then he's okay with it. We just don't believe that the talent is in as bad of a position that it appears to be.

Personally, I think we're one great, but possible, offseason from being a playoff contender. If it takes getting rid of Gene to do that, so be it. He hasn't done a bad job, but it hasn't been good enough.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
jagman777

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

C'mon now. He (and I too for that matter) has said that if Gene has to go, then he's okay with it. We just don't believe that the talent is in as bad of a position that it appears to be.

Personally, I think we're one great, but possible, offseason from being a playoff contender. If it takes getting rid of Gene to do that, so be it. He hasn't done a bad job, but it hasn't been good enough.

Our fundamental disagreement is regarding the talent level, I believe we've already made our stances on that pretty clear. I'm just being a DeeBag and pointing out that some of us saw this coming, and others.. may have not been so prophetic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: