Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Homeland (Showtime) ~ *Spoilers Inside*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darrelle Revis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Darrelle Revis wrote:
Thought it was great last night.

I have Homeland behind Mad Men (like everything else on TV), but it's right there with Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones IMO.

Mad Men > Homeland > Game of Thrones > Breaking Bad

At least in my opinion.

Mad Men > Breaking Bad > Game of Thrones > Homeland

Not a knock on Homeland, this is a golden age of TV. Just so much good stuff out there. Could see all four of these series being all-time greats when its over (Mad Men and BB already are).

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
dotmotion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or was finding the backpack just too easy of a win for Carrie. Hopefully Homeland has something bigger up their selves and Nazir planted that because I cannot believe that he would be that sloppy to leave something like that at one of his wives homes. However, this did leave to another epic revelation. Another win for Carrie and most likely the CIA will have to at least acknowledge that she actually knows what is going on.

I think I like nit picking at trivial things but the whole Brody in the situation room thing was a little over the top for me. Don't want to go into it because in the end, it worked for the show but I was thinking come on, this should never happen in real life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
Is it just me or was finding the backpack just too easy of a win for Carrie. Hopefully Homeland has something bigger up their selves and Nazir planted that because I cannot believe that he would be that sloppy to leave something like that at one of his wives homes. However, this did leave to another epic revelation. Another win for Carrie and most likely the CIA will have to at least acknowledge that she actually knows what is going on.

I think I like nit picking at trivial things but the whole Brody in the situation room thing was a little over the top for me. Don't want to go into it because in the end, it worked for the show but I was thinking come on, this should never happen in real life.

Hard to say yet. She's had no easy times as of yet and it's not a sure thing that anything is guaranteed. Will wait and see what happens.

^Kempes
DolphWins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire Danes just makes this show and Damian Lewis just seems to nail everything with a military role attached, was awesome in Band of brothers.

Mad Men/Homeland > Boardwalk Empire > Sons of Anarchy > Hell on Wheels > Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
150 Rush - 729 Yards - 54.9 Avg - 9 TD [] 27 Rec - 171 Yards - 1 TD
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:

McVeigh would've gotten away if it wasn't for him speeding. People get lucky in investigations, doesn't always happen but carelesness is a human flaw
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:

It wasn't in Nazir's wife's bag. It was in the Hezbollah commander's.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
tinoynk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:

Yea I can't imagine that anybody, regardless of their clearance level, would be allowed or even able to just send texts while being in such a sensitive situation. I mean this is the freakin' Pentagon...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
dotmotion wrote:

Yea I can't imagine that anybody, regardless of their clearance level, would be allowed or even able to just send texts while being in such a sensitive situation. I mean this is the freakin' Pentagon...

Also those places will be underground in a bunker where there will be little to no connection
dotmotion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
dotmotion wrote:

It wasn't in Nazir's wife's bag. It was in the Hezbollah commander's.

Okay, that makes a little more sense. I just think Homeland created Nazir's as a smart calculating chess master like leader and for him to make such a blatant error is out of his character. An underling screwing up is more believable for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's not like the underling is going to suspect his wife of all people.

The pacing of this show is superb. I was mouthing "Take the [inappropriate/removed] shot!" during the sniper scene. One of the few shows that can make my heart race.
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
tinoynk wrote:
dotmotion wrote:

Also those places will be underground in a bunker where there will be little to no connection

That was the one scene I had issues with. Surely they can track things in and out too, not that they'd suspect it.

^Kempes
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrelle Revis wrote:
Not a knock on Homeland, this is a golden age of TV. Just so much good stuff out there.

Agreed.

Did Brody have a safe phone to text Nazir? Or was that his actual phone, if so, it strikes me to be smart short term, but he would caught pretty damn soon.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Darrelle Revis wrote:
Not a knock on Homeland, this is a golden age of TV. Just so much good stuff out there.

Agreed.

Did Brody have a safe phone to text Nazir? Or was that his actual phone, if so, it strikes me to be smart short term, but he would caught pretty damn soon.

I doubt he texted Nazir directly, probably an intermediary like the journalist who relayed the obviously coded message. If anything did get noticed he could say he text her back a response and his phone had trouble sending the message. That said, I doubt they bring it up again.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Darrelle Revis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I give in, this is the best show on right now.

Best episode of the series so far IMO. So much happened.

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strong dramatic show. Claire Danes and Mandy Montoya really deliver.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 8 of 48

Jump to: