Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

what will it take to fix the line?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a name...Eugene Monroe of Jacksonville. Tram could be the worst in the league, give them some picks or even WR help like Doucet.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Here's a name...Eugene Monroe of Jacksonville. Tram could be the worst in the league, give them some picks or even WR help like Doucet.

LOL, why would Jacksonville want Early Doucet? They've got plenty of mediocre #3 WRs as it is.

Monroe's one of the only bright spots on that team. They're not moving him. Teams don't trade legitimate NFL LTs.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize this but PFF actually ranks Adam Snyder as the worst OG in the league of all starters through 5 games. I don't know, maybe we should shut him down and try Kelemete.

PFF ranks D'Anthony Batiste as the worst OT in the league of all starters through 5 games too. That is of no surprise to me. He's horrendous and IMHO, is only on roster due to injuries to Levi Brown and Jeremy Bridges. Unfortunately, there's no real solution there. Just have to shield him.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not PFF have Adam Snyder rated as the 3rd worst Guard in the NFL last year.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Did not PFF have Adam Snyder rated as the 3rd worst Guard in the NFL last year.

Something like that but last year he rated as a top 20 OG in the run game. According to PFF, he has a grossly negative grade in that area this year.

Him being a liability in the pass game is something we should have all saw coming but he's obviously dealing with some serious issues in the run game that nobody could have/would have seen coming. Maybe it's the elbow, maybe it's not (Somers says it is...), either way we may have to think about making a move here.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I didn't realize this but PFF actually ranks Adam Snyder as the worst OG in the league of all starters through 5 games. I don't know, maybe we should shut him down and try Kelemete.

PFF ranks D'Anthony Batiste as the worst OT in the league of all starters through 5 games too. That is of no surprise to me. He's horrendous and IMHO, is only on roster due to injuries to Levi Brown and Jeremy Bridges. Unfortunately, there's no real solution there. Just have to shield him.

That's because of the last 2 games. Stats don't tell the whole story.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

PFF states that they have Snyder with a negative grade in all 5 games.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

In the run game? I can see that for sure. In pass protection? That's not what I am seeing in the first 3 games but it could be true.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

In the run game? I can see that for sure. In pass protection? That's not what I am seeing in the first 3 games but it could be true.

Didn't say. Just says he has negative grades (Overall grades) in all 5 games and that Snyder is their lowest ranking starting OG through 5 weeks.

I'll eat crow on this. Let's make a move away from Snyder right now.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Didn't say. Just says he has negative grades (Overall grades) in all 5 games and that Snyder is their lowest ranking starting OG through 5 weeks.

Worst in the league. And the said part is we knew this coming into the year. The stats were right in front of us and yet we gave this guy a multi-year deal. Stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Worst in the league. And the said part is we knew this coming into the year. The stats were right in front of us and yet we gave this guy a multi-year deal. Stupid.

Nobody knew he'd be this bad in the run game. Nobody could have seen that coming.
Chg91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Him being a liability in the pass game is something we should have all saw coming but he's obviously dealing with some serious issues in the run game that nobody could have/would have seen coming. Maybe it's the elbow, maybe it's not (Somers says it is...), either way we may have to think about making a move here.

It's not that hard to be a successful cog in the running game when that running game belongs to San Francisco. They've got some maulers, and even if he's lost a step, Gore is Gore. There's a reason I hated this hiring when we made it, and that's with the assumption that he would "only" be depth for us. Whoever's in charge of handling our FA acquisitions needs to go, they clearly don't know what they're doing.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chg91 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

It's not that hard to be a successful cog in the running game when that running game belongs to San Francisco. They've got some maulers, and even if he's lost a step, Gore is Gore. There's a reason I hated this hiring when we made it, and that's with the assumption that he would "only" be depth for us. Whoever's in charge of handling our FA acquisitions needs to go, they clearly don't know what they're doing.

None of that has anything to do with Snyder as an individual, which is how both PFF and Football Outsiders ranks him.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Here is a direct quote of what PFF said:

The three worst offenders, Bobby Massie, D’Anthony Batiste, and Adam Snyder were in their customary level of performance this week as well. Each player allowed at least five pressures and both Batiste and Snyder accounted for a trio of sacks allowed apiece. Of those three, it was only Massie who even looked halfway decent as a run blocker.

Justo on the sig
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Here is a direct quote of what PFF said:

The three worst offenders, Bobby Massie, D’Anthony Batiste, and Adam Snyder were in their customary level of performance this week as well. Each player allowed at least five pressures and both Batiste and Snyder accounted for a trio of sacks allowed apiece. Of those three, it was only Massie who even looked halfway decent as a run blocker.

Well that's that. Cost us the game as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: