Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jonathan Joseph vs Lardarius Webb vs Joe Haden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/lardarius-webb?id=81879

I'd rather trust this site and all the other sites that have 4.46 as his 40 time.

Fair enough, was questioning some of the results I was getting. Nonetheless, Flaccomania shared the info on the L shuttle and the 3 cone shuttle, which is a better indicator of lateral quickness and recovery ability.

As said, it's all nominal; The differences aren't great enough to point as one as "clearly" better than the other.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably go:

a) Joseph
b) Haden
c) Webb

Frankly, you can make an argument for any of the three, which I suppose is why it is such a good comparison. I absolutely love Haden's game, but I simply cannot put him above Jo. Joseph at this point.

If only the Redskins had a top corner. Crying or Very sad
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are Texans fans seemingly going out of their way to knock Joseph?

Let fans of other teams question his stats and metrics dang.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Why are Texans fans seemingly going out of their way to knock Joseph?

...who says we're knocking him? By ranking him #1 of the three? By being realistic and saying "Hey, these guys are good, but despite these things, our guy is still the best?"

I mean, did anyone READ what I said, or are they just knee-jerking on this one?

I'mma make it REALLY big and REALLY bold to help others see what I said:

I wrote:
Hard to really figure out what makes one better than the other, to be honest. Haden is probably the most physical of the group, Webb has the most athletic skill, Joseph is the most technically sound. Not saying that Webb and Joseph aren't physical, not saying that Joseph and Haden don't have as much athletic skill, not saying that Webb and Haden aren't technically sounds...just that the leader in their respective category has a slight advantage.

I mean, really...how is that, or any of the following conversation KNOCKING Joseph? Or is acknowledging that there are other good CBs in the NFL a sudden knock on Joseph?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Determining where CB's stand is always interesting. There are just so many justifiable reasons for ranking each player in a certain spot beyond the obvious top two, which I find pretty cool. Same could be said for all positions, but I find it particularly intriguing for these guys.

For instance, I've regarded Leon Hall as an elite corner for 3-4 years now. Some laugh in my face for that. There are others who offered VERY high praise of Ron Bartell (prior to getting bit by the injury bug as of late), but there are many who don't consider him to be a top 20 corner.

Always a fun topic to discuss for me.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang homie take a chill pill.

As a Texans fan if someone from my own fan base started pimping out my own guy, I'm not googling resources to disprove him, that's all I'm saying.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

Sorry, been on edge as of late. I've noticed that many fans of this team don't know how to deal with success well, and tend to throw objectivity and common sense out of the window in the face of a 4-0 start. I'm just trying to bring it back to some sense of balance, so we don't end up like some of the more obnoxious fanbases out there...

Quote:
As a Texans fan if someone from my own fan base started pimping out my own guy, I'm not googling resources to disprove him, that's all I'm saying.

Wasn't really googling anything (however the site I did use turned out to have some bunk information). I don't think there's one of us who doesn't agree that Johnathan Joseph is the best CB in the NFL right now. However, that doesn't give us carte blanche to say that he's SO much better than the elites in the NFL...Joseph is great, yes; However, to say that he's "far and away" better than guys who probably in the top 5-10 discussion is a fast track to "obnoxious fan" talk, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I've had to put up with enough of the "Matt Schaub is injury prone" "Arian Foster is a product of the system" "Brian Cushing its a roid head who isn't as good as you say" "Mario Williams will be a major lots for you guys, he had 5 sacks in 5 games" "Andre Johnson isn't a top 3 wide receiver anymore" its goes on. So I really have no problem with my fellow Texans pimping our guys, let the rest of the forum attack them, they already do a good enough job.

bmore4life815

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's only one game, but could Joseph have played any worse tonight?

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

So what you're saying is that fans shouldn't try to objectively relay stats, but rather think "Hey, if that makes him look better, even if it's wrong, I'll just see if anyone notices"?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:

Nope. He had a few stinkers last year too. He's not a streaky player, but definitely an on/off guy. Good thing is the off doesn't happen often.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

So what you're saying is that fans shouldn't try to objectively relay stats, but rather think "Hey, if that makes him look better, even if it's wrong, I'll just see if anyone notices"?

Yeah... that's exactly what I mean.

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Yeah... that's exactly what I mean.

Laughable. Remind me to never try to have a serious discussion with you if you're going to intentionally try to be a blind homer.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:

Probably his worst game as a Texan, next to the Regular Season game against the Ravens last season, when Anquan Boldin went off on him. That one was just mistiming on his part - a second too early or late in his attempt on the ball, and Boldin is the type of WR who makes defenders pay when they mistime an attempt on a deflection or INT. Was a bad game for him that day...

Yesterday, the one BIG play that he gave up to Kerley? Guy lost his footing, fell down as he was making him jam. As a pro, he shouldn't be losing his footing like that, but I'm not TOO worried of this being a constant issue in his game.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Buckweath

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

Probably his worst game as a Texan, next to the Regular Season game against the Ravens last season, when Anquan Boldin went off on him. That one was just mistiming on his part - a second too early or late in his attempt on the ball, and Boldin is the type of WR who makes defenders pay when they mistime an attempt on a deflection or INT. Was a bad game for him that day...

Yesterday, the one BIG play that he gave up to Kerley? Guy lost his footing, fell down as he was making him jam. As a pro, he shouldn't be losing his footing like that, but I'm not TOO worried of this being a constant issue in his game.

Hum, how about that play where Cromartie burned him real bad? It wasn't a catch thanks to a poor QB throw but that was terrible coverage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: