Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should be the Chiefs next coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Cutler06...if we dump Romeo only to hire McNuttbar...I will officially drop my fandom of the Chiefs. In my opinion that is just one more way Pioli would be proving he actually has very little football knowledge.

DT58, honestly wouldn't wish that on anyone (except a division rival just so you could feel my pain). And honestly, I wouldn't put it past Pioli, sorry to say....

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
wishbone20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the post game interviews. If you somehow aren't convinced that we need a new HC go watch them. Take out the lines where he directly mentions losing and you would think that we won the game. I honesty audibly snickered when he addressed turnovers talking about how it was an entire team issue, but then I remembered Poe's interception on the pass intended for Succup. The players seemed rather content as well. Very upsetting. We did play a good team, a good team who didn't show up and still beat us.

I really don't want a coach/Gm due to the increasing complexity of the game. I do like the guy from AZ. I want a young guy but I don't want Scott to hire him. Haley was better for this team than Romeo even with all his faults. I guess I just want someone fiery to turn around this losing culture. It's not ok to lose, you're paid to win and our guys seem fine either way.
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muh boy Rob Ryan I'd love to see in red and gold.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
something to think about... Cowher is being OVERLY complimentary of the Chiefs today. Laying some groundwork kinda complimentary.

He has been doing the same with the Browns.

I think both he and Gruden want to coach again.

How about you guys have one and we have the other. You can pick first I'm just as happy with either.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Horton does look like a good HC candidate, but I just don't want a rookie HC again like we had with Haley who also came from AZ. You just don't know how well they will do.

I don't know which experienced coaches want to coach again.

I don't understand how two coaches that happened to be from the same team at two different points in time would be compared. Ray Horton wasn't even on the staff when Haley was there and was actually on the Pittsburgh staff IIRC before making the jump to Arizona as a DC. He is an up-and-coming head coach candidate and as I mentioned, I really think it is only a matter of time before a team grabs him up. He has a good understanding of the X's and O's while also showing the ability to get an entire defense to buy into his scheme and all play on the same page. Alot can happen in the remainder of the season, but time he has been in Arizona, he has helped to develop the young talent and field a defense that is definited on the rise.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic I just think it makes people nervous. Like the Raiders not allowing Pryor to wear number 2. It's all about the superstitions.

As far as what coaches with experience want to coach again, I think the wild card is, are they willing to play puppet with Pioli.

I'll take Cowher over Gruden for the overall team aspect, though, when it comes to getting the most out of a QB, Gruden has the edge clearly. But they coach different sides of the ball so it's not surprising.

Otherwise I think you're looking at the lesser known guys with some experience like

Fewell
Nolan
McDumby
Zorn
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Nic I just think it makes people nervous. Like the Raiders not allowing Pryor to wear number 2. It's all about the superstitions.

As far as what coaches with experience want to coach again, I think the wild card is, are they willing to play puppet with Pioli.

I'll take Cowher over Gruden for the overall team aspect, though, when it comes to getting the most out of a QB, Gruden has the edge clearly. But they coach different sides of the ball so it's not surprising.

Otherwise I think you're looking at the lesser known guys with some experience like

Fewell
Nolan
McDumby
Zorn

DT, I guess I understand. Personally, if I were a GM, I would leave no stone unturned in trying to find the best qualified candidate irregardless of the team they coach(ed) for (be it Arizona or New England).

Out of the candidates you named there, I think Mike Nolan is the most intriguing possibility. Similar to Wade Phillps, he has shown a consistent ability to get the best out of the players he has on defense and isn't pidgeon-holed into one defensive scheme or another. My only concern with him is that he might be more like Wade Phillips than we might like - a top defensive coordinator talent but someone who could be overwhelmed when trying to handle more responsibility.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Dimitroff and Scott Pioli took two very divergent paths as GMs. Dimitroff hired Mike Smith and worked well with him to put the right players on the roster. They have had two new coordinators this year and by all appearances haven't missed a beat and very well may have actually improved.

The key is making consistently smart moves.

valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Billick I think is too strong, but as you stated removing Pioli makes a difference. Without Pioli I think our list becomes much more broad based. I think then you have guys like...

Cowher
Billick
Gruden

Back into play.

this list would be grand!

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Cowher, he's a hard nosed coach that will lead his team and knows football. He is a coach that players love to play for, yet isn't afraid to call out even his all star players when they screw up.

Plus how many other coaches can convey what he can by simply setting the jaw and staring someone down?

I'm just sick of having coaches that are clearly over their head. Sometimes when I see Romeo bringing up the play card I wonder if he has Jack's Stacks menu taped to the back, because his decisions leave me scratching my head.

That being said, our defense is beginning to pick it up, so while I still think Romeo lacks the marbles or intestinal fortitude to go for the kill...at least he might be improving in his actual "coaching."
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
Horton does look like a good HC candidate, but I just don't want a rookie HC again like we had with Haley who also came from AZ. You just don't know how well they will do.

I don't know which experienced coaches want to coach again.

I don't understand how two coaches that happened to be from the same team at two different points in time would be compared. Ray Horton wasn't even on the staff when Haley was there and was actually on the Pittsburgh staff IIRC before making the jump to Arizona as a DC. He is an up-and-coming head coach candidate and as I mentioned, I really think it is only a matter of time before a team grabs him up. He has a good understanding of the X's and O's while also showing the ability to get an entire defense to buy into his scheme and all play on the same page. Alot can happen in the remainder of the season, but time he has been in Arizona, he has helped to develop the young talent and field a defense that is definited on the rise.

Yeah, do we not want Geno because Pat White came from WVU and stunk in the NFL?

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Muh boy Rob Ryan I'd love to see in red and gold.

Rob Ryan or even Rex Ryan would be interesting to have. We could keep the 3-4 defense albeit it would be a bit different, and both are proven winners in my opinion, especially Rex. It would add some much needed flare into our organization!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I love Cowher, he's a hard nosed coach that will lead his team and knows football. He is a coach that players love to play for, yet isn't afraid to call out even his all star players when they screw up.

Plus how many other coaches can convey what he can by simply setting the jaw and staring someone down?

I'm just sick of having coaches that are clearly over their head. Sometimes when I see Romeo bringing up the play card I wonder if he has Jack's Stacks menu taped to the back, because his decisions leave me scratching my head.

That being said, our defense is beginning to pick it up, so while I still think Romeo lacks the marbles or intestinal fortitude to go for the kill...at least he might be improving in his actual "coaching."

Romeo won 2 games against playoff teams last year with a QB he (and the team) had some faith in. While at the time I didn't always agree with the approach that seemed very conservative at times, it worked.

I want to see what Romeo can do with a QB that actually has access to the whole playbook and more then one WR passing options. ESPN is reporting Quinn is likely to start this weekend.

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if we do go with a different HC, AND Pioli is still here, I want a strong experienced guy that will be a check to Pioli and not feel compelled to do what he wants on the field. That means Cowher, Gruden, and maybe 1-2 others.

If we get a new GM, then I'd much prefer a young up and comer that still has a lot to prove. Is there another Harbaugh brother? Sister even?

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
And if we do go with a different HC, AND Pioli is still here, I want a strong experienced guy that will be a check to Pioli and not feel compelled to do what he wants on the field. That means Cowher, Gruden, and maybe 1-2 others.

If we get a new GM, then I'd much prefer a young up and comer that still has a lot to prove. Is there another Harbaugh brother? Sister even?

As far as Pioli hiring an established, veteran head coach - I would be shocked if Pioli would go for that kind of coach that could compromise his kingdom unless of course Clark Hunt looks to add a counterpart-type of coach to Pioli.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: