Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Amerson = Urlachers Successor?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Likemike342

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: David Amerson = Urlachers Successor? Reply with quote

"Amerson is fabulous in zone coverage. While his ballhawking stands out the most, he has superb instincts. Amerson reads quarterbacks eyes and is extremely quick to adjust to receiver's routes. With his quickness to break on the ball, he has an uncanny ability to get in position to make a play.

Amerson lined up with a nice cushion throughout 2011. He would either pick up receivers in man coverage or play zone. Amerson's bump-and-run skills are still in question, but he has good strength and physicality."

Does anyone who has watched more film than I believe this is a possibility? He would need to add weight and strength against the run, but if any of this is true this could be a very interesting scenario
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is in the wrong section brother, but having watched a fair amount of State with my brother going there I feel like his stock has dropped big time. He got burned awfully bad in both losses. Especially in the Miami game he got beat for three TD's. He gambles way to much he reminds me a lot of Asante Samuel. I think he will be a good player but I wouldnt put him in Brian Urlacher category any time soon.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolwut?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An NCAA cornerback becoming an NFL middle linebacker? Confused
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a fan of Amerson as a CB after last season but having seen more of him this year I wouldn’t draft him to play CB for us…not because of his lack of speed & certainly not because his ball skills wouldn’t be an asset to us but because he isn’t tough or physical enough against the run when tackling from the CB position…playing MLB he would be ran over on every play even if he did add weight because he doesn’t have the midset to play in the box…Amerson is a zone CB on a team who play plenty of off coverage and don’t ask there CBs to make many tackles or more likely a ballhawking centerfielder at FS.
Likemike342

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that our MLB, who clearly helps stop the run, is much more important in the Pass game and while Briggs is still occupying that OLB spot we needn't worry about the run game.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likemike342 wrote:
I believe that our MLB, who clearly helps stop the run, is much more important in the Pass game and while Briggs is still occupying that OLB spot we needn't worry about the run game.

There has to be balance tho and Amerson wouldn't offer us that at MLB.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I was a fan of Amerson as a CB after last season but having seen more of him this year I wouldn’t draft him to play CB for us…not because of his lack of speed & certainly not because his ball skills wouldn’t be an asset to us but because he isn’t tough or physical enough against the run when tackling from the CB position…playing MLB he would be ran over on every play even if he did add weight because he doesn’t have the midset to play in the box…Amerson is a zone CB on a team who play plenty of off coverage and don’t ask there CBs to make many tackles or more likely a ballhawking centerfielder at FS.
Amerson could definitely play CB for us. This he can't tackle talk is nonsense. Also who would move a CB that cant tackle to FS?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Amerson could definitely play CB for us. This he can't tackle talk is nonsense. Also who would move a CB that cant tackle to FS?

As usual you read what you want to read…I didn’t say he couldn’t tackle…I said he isn’t physical enough when tackling…Lovie has always valued physical CBs…look at Tillman and especially Jennings who doesn’t have size but is very physical…Amerson doesn’t play with that mentality.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

As usual you read what you want to read…I didn’t say he couldn’t tackle…I said he isn’t physical enough when tackling…Lovie has always valued physical CBs…look at Tillman and especially Jennings who doesn’t have size but is very physical…Amerson doesn’t play with that mentality.
He is tough and physical enough. He may not be Tillman but you don't have to be.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

He is tough and physical enough. He may not be Tillman but you don't have to be.

32 college games…2 TFL…1 FF…he doesn’t have to be Tillman but he has to be more physical than that if he is going to fit into our defensive identity…no one is doubting his coverage ability but we all know we ask our CBs to play a certain way and IMO Amerson hasn’t shown much of that in college…maybe he can learn to be more physical at the next level…maybe not.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

32 college games…2 TFL…1 FF…he doesn’t have to be Tillman but he has to be more physical than that if he is going to fit into our defensive identity…no one is doubting his coverage ability but we all know we ask our CBs to play a certain way and IMO Amerson hasn’t shown much of that in college…maybe he can learn to be more physical at the next level…maybe not.
Laughing at his TFL and FF #'s. Are you implying with those low numbers that he doesn't create enough plays? Scheme has more to do with TFL. Plenty of people are questioning his coverage ability. He's plenty physical for a CB.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Laughing at his TFL and FF #'s. Are you implying with those low numbers that he doesn't create enough plays? Scheme has more to do with TFL. Plenty of people are questioning his coverage ability. He's plenty physical for a CB.
Maybe so but not as a Middle LB for the Chicago Bears.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Maybe so but not as a Middle LB for the Chicago Bears.
Well that part I assumed was obvious.
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: