Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

When did we get this bad..?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
No. Screw Floyd Reese. He set us into cap hell, and I won't forgive him for that.

Exactly. Reese was horrible as a GM. Horrible at drafting, horrible in dealing with cap, he was just pathetic. I'm not a big fan of Webby and Reiny for handing out horrible contracts like Griffin, Amano, Wimbley, and CJ but their drafts have been pretty good. Just coaching is killing the team. Munch won't be fired because of what he's meant to the organization over the years. Ruston and Reiny have to much respect to fire him. We'll be mediocre/bad until Bud dies. I know it's bad to say but this franchise has been mediocre and he's the reason. I wish he'd sell the damn team.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
No. Screw Floyd Reese. He set us into cap hell, and I won't forgive him for that.

Exactly. Reese was horrible as a GM. Horrible at drafting, horrible in dealing with cap, he was just pathetic. I'm not a big fan of Webby and Reiny for handing out horrible contracts like Griffin, Amano, Wimbley, and CJ but their drafts have been pretty good. Just coaching is killing the team. Munch won't be fired because of what he's meant to the organization over the years. Ruston and Reiny have to much respect to fire him. We'll be mediocre/bad until Bud dies. I know it's bad to say but this franchise has been mediocre and he's the reason. I wish he'd sell the damn team.

Reese certainly wasn't the greatest GM ever, but he was not horrible. He did a good job of retaining key players and getting rid of guys when the time was right. Drafting was much better then than now, too.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Reese certainly wasn't the greatest GM ever, but he was not horrible. He did a good job of retaining key players and getting rid of guys when the time was right. Drafting was much better then than now, too.

I dont think we have ever drafted great, just my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I agree, but the last five or six years or so have been really bad. Pacman, Vince, CJ who only had two good years, Morgan is a run stopping DE, Britt can't stay on the field, Wright looks decent but what the hell? Another 1st round WR? The drafting has been bad for a bit.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my boy Pacman's defense, his second year in the league (06 season...the season before all the major incidents) he was an ELITE corner. The metrics that that guy posted were just gaudy...only Champ bailey had a better season, IMO.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is... this team needs a complete culture change... right from the very top. This team will never win the big game until Bud is no longer in charge.

We'll get a few years when the coaches and players can get beyond it... and look like we're about to reach the pinnacle... but it always comes crashing down.

You guys think this is something new with the franchise... but those of us who came over from the Oiler days know this far too well...

Just look at that history... a few years up... a few years down... Bottom line bud will always drag the team down... always doing just enough to keep us around...

I honestly can't wait until new ownership takes control of the team. That's really the biggest thing that keeps me around. I've rooted for this team, inspite of the owner, for just about 30 years... I just hope I can outlast that bastard... and enjoy a team with the leadership, from the top, that will reward us for all those years of... well, this...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
justing101 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I agree, but the last five or six years or so have been really bad. Pacman, Vince, CJ who only had two good years, Morgan is a run stopping DE, Britt can't stay on the field, Wright looks decent but what the hell? Another 1st round WR? The drafting has been bad for a bit.

Yea but Pacman and VY were drafted by Reese I believe. Reese I think left in 06(may be wrong). Reiny drafted Griffin who looked good at 1st, CJ who was an elite RB, Britt who has top 5 potential but you can't predict injuries or dumbness, Morgan who could've been a pretty good all-around DE if the injury didn't slow him down, and Locker who is our franchise QB at the moment. Not bad drafts, just bad luck. I am however not happy with Webby's 1st pick in Wright. Still to this day think its dumb.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:

Honestly, I think we drafted pretty good since 2010. I feel like we got good young talent, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 players. I think our biggest problem is coaching. From what I've seen, we haven't had a tough, in-your-face, foot-in-your-a$$ coach like a Jon Gruden (HC) or Mike Singletary (DC). Seems like the coaches are too soft and so are the players. Jerry Gray is "trying" to instill toughness, but he don't know how to call plays or run his scheme. I feel like we just don't know how to properly utilize the talent we have.

On defense: We have instinctive players like McCarthy, Verner, Babineaux, Casey and even Mouton. We have athletic players like Ayers, Brown, and Tommie Campbell. When Markelle Matin comes off the PUP list, I'd just release Griffin all-together if I couldn't trade him for anything. I'd move Verner to SS because he can read and breakdown plays as they happen and play the run, with Babs/Johnson playing FS, let Campbell take the #2 CB spot opposite of McCourty, and let Mouton take over the NB spot completely. I'd send Ayers on more blitzes because he's a natural at it, drop Brown into coverage, and McCarthy playing the run.

On offense: I've finally come to grips about Hasselbeck. He needs to just hang it up. He may have tons of experience and knowledge, but he no longer has the arm. We already knew he couldn't throw the deep ball, now he looks like he's struggling to throw any ball, period. His arm is just too weak and his body is falling apart with every snap. He emptied his tank last season. At this point, I'd drop him down to 3rd string and move Rusty Smith up to backup. I'd get Craig Stevens way more involved in the passing game and start looking to him and Cook as the new primary targets in the offense. I'd move Lavelle Hawkins up the depth charts ahead of Damien Williams because Williams ain't cutting it. And I'd split more carries between all of the RBs until somebody steps up as the true #1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: