Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If this happens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: If this happens Reply with quote

This is all just hypothetical and yes it is sad that I think the bills season is bleek just because of the way they are playing. If the bills end up having a losing season should the bills call it quits on gailey and move on? I think they should and I am a big fan of Vic Filango, if you do not know who he is just watch yesterdays game. he is the DC of the niners his past credentials are solid. With the talent the bills have on defense and a good defensive mind coach they could be the team the bills use to be.

My question is if the bills dont do good and the bills decide to can Gailey what coach would you recommend? Again this hypothetical and just talk.

PLease leave out Bill Cowher and Jon Gruden as those guys will probably stay where they are at.

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see Perry Fewell again if Gailey does get fired. He has proven he can get pressure with 4 man fronts. I would love to see what he can do with our dline. We definately have the talent there. And Fewell has been known to get pressure from those positions. Seems like a match made in heaven. And when he took over, his team still kept on fighting for him.

I like your option as well bit I am pretty sure he is a 3-4 coach. Really don't want to switch again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
I would really like to see Perry Fewell again if Gailey does get fired. He has proven he can get pressure with 4 man fronts. I would love to see what he can do with our dline. We definately have the talent there. And Fewell has been known to get pressure from those positions. Seems like a match made in heaven. And when he took over, his team still kept on fighting for him.

I like your option as well bit I am pretty sure he is a 3-4 coach. Really don't want to switch again.

My thought on Vic as well. I'm interested in 2 DC's to replace Gailey...Bradley from Seattle and Tucker from Jacksonville. Bradley is super creative with his D's and they play HARD for him. Last year Tucker had the Jaguars playing with a top 10 D on a team that couldn't move the ball at all. Either one of those guys would have me attempting (not doing) cartwheels! With the influx of a defensive minded HC, I would probably look to keep Curtis Modkins as our OC. I like our offense, it's the D that makes me want to puke!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

My thought on Vic as well. I'm interested in 2 DC's to replace Gailey...Bradley from Seattle and Tucker from Jacksonville. Bradley is super creative with his D's and they play HARD for him. Last year Tucker had the Jaguars playing with a top 10 D on a team that couldn't move the ball at all. Either one of those guys would have me attempting (not doing) cartwheels! With the influx of a defensive minded HC, I would probably look to keep Curtis Modkins as our OC. I like our offense, it's the D that makes me want to puke!

All Modkins is, is Gailey's eyes from the booth. Chan is responsible for our offense. Chan would be a great OC for us but demoting him is very unrealistic. We would most likely have to change the entire offense as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

All Modkins is, is a highly paid RB coach. Chan is responsible for our offense. Chan would be a great OC for us but demoting him is very unrealistic. We would most likely have to change the entire offense as well.
FIFY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Chudzinski
Jay Gruden
Mike Zimmer
Mike Nolan
Ray Horton

all would be interesting and i think possible
Tk3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im about to the point where i say keep a coach to another contract even without success..

I cannot stand a new coach, new scheme, new everything every 3 years..

Give him a 2nd go and hope his "3 year plan" comes to fruition within the next 3..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Rob Chudzinski
Jay Gruden
Mike Zimmer
Mike Nolan
Ray Horton

all would be interesting and i think possible

Jay Gruden -- said he wants right opportunity and to be a coach of a contender basically, don't see that happening for ya'll.

Zimmer potentially.

Nolan, no idea.

Ray Horton -- won't happen. Said he wants to win a championship as a coordinator and then as a head coach. I think he sticks with Arizona at least for a few more years after this season, at a minimum.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Ray Horton -- won't happen. Said he wants to win a championship as a coordinator and then as a head coach. I think he sticks with Arizona at least for a few more years after this season, at a minimum.

Disagree completely. You don't turn down a HC job because you want to ring as a coordinator. He might pick and choose the right places, he might wait for a team that is going to have the right talent to make an immediate switch to a 34 defense or a team that is already established as a 34 defense.

If Horton gets an offer to be a HC this offseason I have few doubts he takes it.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
swolfdab

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
iRobot wrote:
If Horton gets an offer to be a HC this offseason I have few doubts he takes it.

I agree. I would love to see him in blue and red next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: