Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye Week: What to cheer for
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Bye Week: What to cheer for Reply with quote

Green Bay @ Houston

If this was not obvious a chance to send Green Bay to 2-4 and complete their tail spin.

Lions @ Eagles

First, I hate the Lions. Second, we want the Eagles winning the East because the way they turn the ball over is perfect for us.

Raiders @ Falcons

It won't happen, but I would like to see the Falcons come back to earth a bit and not run away with the 1 seed.

Rams @ Dolphins

The Rams might not be a threat, but why let NFC teams win games.

Cowboys @ Ravens

I know the Cowboys are not really a playoff threat, but I love watching America's Team melt down.

Bills @ Cardinals

The Cardinals because of a soft schedule could make a run at the wildcard and I would prefer that they come back down to earth before the Bears go there.

Vikings @ Redskins

The Vikings little run has been nice as they have upset the Lions and the 49ers, but it is time for them to go back to the pack and leave 1st place for the big boys.

Giants @ 49ers

I am more okay with playing the 49ers than the Giants. The 49ers have Alex Smith who the Bears defense can beat. Eli in the playoffs is scary.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bye Week: What to cheer for Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Green Bay @ Houston

If this was not obvious a chance to send Green Bay to 2-4 and complete their tail spin. I don't see the Pack beating Houston.

Lions @ Eagles

First, I hate the Lions. Second, we want the Eagles winning the East because the way they turn the ball over is perfect for us. It is hard to root for the Eagles but I'll do it.

Raiders @ Falcons

It won't happen, but I would like to see the Falcons come back to earth a bit and not run away with the 1 seed. No chance.

Rams @ Dolphins

Cowboys @ Ravens

I know the Cowboys are not really a playoff threat, but I love watching America's Team melt down. Screw the Cowboys.

Bills @ Cardinals

The Cardinals because of a soft schedule could make a run at the wildcard and I would prefer that they come back down to earth before the Bears go there. The Bills have a good chance of beating them.

Vikings @ Redskins

The Vikings little run has been nice as they have upset the Lions and the 49ers, but it is time for them to go back to the pack and leave 1st place for the big boys. RGIII is out.

Giants @ 49ers

I am more okay with playing the 49ers than the Giants. The 49ers have Alex Smith who the Bears defense can beat. Eli in the playoffs is scary.
49ers should win this game.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beautiful thing about the NFL is that even during the bye week you can still look forward to fantasy football, and rooting for the teams that benefit your team with a win. It will be unfortunate to miss out on multiple TDs and turnover from my Bears D this week in my fantasy league. Laughing
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Bye Week: What to cheer for Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Green Bay @ Houston

If this was not obvious a chance to send Green Bay to 2-4 and complete their tail spin. I don't see the Pack beating Houston.

Lions @ Eagles

First, I hate the Lions. Second, we want the Eagles winning the East because the way they turn the ball over is perfect for us. It is hard to root for the Eagles but I'll do it.

Raiders @ Falcons

It won't happen, but I would like to see the Falcons come back to earth a bit and not run away with the 1 seed. No chance.

Rams @ Dolphins

Cowboys @ Ravens

I know the Cowboys are not really a playoff threat, but I love watching America's Team melt down. Screw the Cowboys.

Bills @ Cardinals

The Cardinals because of a soft schedule could make a run at the wildcard and I would prefer that they come back down to earth before the Bears go there. The Bills have a good chance of beating them.

Vikings @ Redskins

The Vikings little run has been nice as they have upset the Lions and the 49ers, but it is time for them to go back to the pack and leave 1st place for the big boys. RGIII is out.

Giants @ 49ers

How good are the Vikings? Or are they catching teams at the right time?

I really hope that RGIII does in fact play.

The Vikings are like a team of destiny right now written off by all experts.
Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFC North is the most brutal division. Packers will take out the Texans and the Vikings will beat the Redskins. Unfortunately, the Lions will lose to the Eagles. Wink
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
The NFC North is the most brutal division. Packers will take out the Texans and the Vikings will beat the Redskins. Unfortunately, the Lions will lose to the Eagles. Wink

You mean fortunately?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings are a legit team I see them battling us til week 10 at least. You don't get to 4-1 with luck.

But Cutler plays extremely well against the Vikings so even if it comes down to a game against them I'm confident we can win.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Bye Week: What to cheer for Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Green Bay @ Houston

Lions @ Eagles

Raiders @ Falcons

Rams @ Dolphins

Cowboys @ Ravens

Bills @ Cardinals

Vikings @ Redskins

Giants @ 49ers

How good are the Vikings? Or are they catching teams at the right time?

I really hope that RGIII does in fact play.

The Vikings are like a team of destiny right now written off by all experts.
If there was a Bad Luck Championship the Vikes would have won it the last two years. But it really was not that bad a team (at least not as bad as its record) just about everything bad that could happen happened to it (not that I am complaining). I mean when your stadium roof collapses it is bad. We are not going to get a easy win either time we play them.
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:

Did you watch the Packers play the Colts? Their o-line was demolished by a weak front 7. JJ Watt and company will be in Rodgers' face all day while Schaub and Foster go wild.

The Vikings game should be a close one. With the way Minny's D has been playing I can see them getting the win. I still wouldn't take RG3 and that Shanny offense lightly.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see GB get owned by Houston, Minny and Det lose.
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Did you watch the Packers play the Colts? Their o-line was demolished by a weak front 7. JJ Watt and company will be in Rodgers' face all day while Schaub and Foster go wild.

The Vikings game should be a close one. With the way Minny's D has been playing I can see them getting the win. I still wouldn't take RG3 and that Shanny offense lightly.

Thats true in theory but as long as you have a QB of Rodgers ability I can see them winning. I was actually rooting for the Jets to win so the Texans would come in anger. Something about being undefeated leaves you vulnerable to a let down.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Thats true in theory but as long as you have a QB of Rodgers ability I can see them winning. I was actually rooting for the Jets to win so the Texans would come in anger. Something about being undefeated leaves you vulnerable to a let down.

I didn't say I expect a blow-out. Rodgers will put #'s on the board no doubt about it. I just think their offensive line and defense won't be able to hang with the Texans.
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read Cushing tore his ACL. I could tell he was upset last night while walking to the locker room but didn't expect a season ender. Bummer...
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

The offence to the packers has not been as great as in the past.

But it is the defence that is killing them. They let Don Brown get the edge countless times in the running game and they let Reggie Wayne sig handle beat them in the passing game.

And to be honest Rodgers is as bad as Cutler when he gets heavy pressure.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Lions go to 1-4 I don't think they will have the mental strength to deal with that.

We could get a team on tilt coming to the lake front on MNF.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: