Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT:: MNF Denver @ San Diego
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: GDT:: MNF Denver @ San Diego Reply with quote

I wanted to get it up early this week that way when I go catatonic on this season next week no one can say I never did one.

Pretty graphics? No. In depth analysis? No. A score prediction? No.

This is the game we have to win to have any hope of being a playoff team. Once Manning get's comfortable the Broncos will likely win out. We have to stay ahead of them all year in the standings and can't be looking to settle up a tie breaker later this year.

There can be no Broncos after Monday night, all their can be is::

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All there will be is skid marks on Jared Gaither and Jeromey Clary thus leading to the blood of Phillip Rivers being spilled to quench the might thurst of an armageddon pass rush by Wolfe Von Doom. God have mercy on River's soul, because we won't. Twisted Evil *followed with a crazy maniacal psychotic sinister laugh*
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just praying that someone puts the gametape from this past week's Broncos/Pats game in Norv's hands. Run Mathews. Run Battle. Run Brown. Heck... run Royal.

The rubric is there and given the way our defense has allowed the underneath stuff all day long (which has been Peyton's specialty this season) it's pretty much imperative. We should be running with either 2 TE's or McClain in the backfield as an additional blocker ALL NIGHT. And run the damn ball down their throats.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Just praying that someone puts the gametape from this past week's Broncos/Pats game in Norv's hands. Run Mathews. Run Battle. Run Brown. Heck... run Royal.

The rubric is there and given the way our defense has allowed the underneath stuff all day long (which has been Peyton's specialty this season) it's pretty much imperative. We should be running with either 2 TE's or McClain in the backfield as an additional blocker ALL NIGHT. And run the damn ball down their throats.

We played NO and made no effort to commit to the running game, why would you think we'll do it against the Broncos?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

If the Broncos go into their Nickel D, it'll be a field day for Mathews. But you have to remember the Pats quick tempo offense wore out Denver's D, not to mention that we couldn't sub anyone. Denver's D is all about packages we don't have the necessary talent to play base D and win. I expect counters and screens from you guys. Our MLB Mays is horrible, so it'll be interesting to see how many missed tackles he has against Mathews. haha

I'm looking forward to seeing Hillman back at the Q, hope he breaks a few.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
The LBC wrote:

If the Broncos go into their Nickel D, it'll be a field day for Mathews. But you have to remember the Pats quick tempo offense wore out Denver's D, not to mention that we couldn't sub anyone. Denver's D is all about packages we don't have the necessary talent to play base D and win. I expect counters and screens from you guys. Our MLB Mays is horrible, so it'll be interesting to see how many missed tackles he has against Mathews. haha

See, therein lies the problem. I expect Joe May to (intentionally... unintentionally... who really knows... his technique is so horrible you honestly can't even tell!) attempt to nearly-kill someone on the Chargers like he's done in successive weeks (only this past week it was himself he nearly knocked out with his poor, lead-with-the-crown-of-the-helmet tackling).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
The LBC wrote:

See, therein lies the problem. I expect Joe May to (intentionally... unintentionally... who really knows... his technique is so horrible you honestly can't even tell!) attempt to nearly-kill someone on the Chargers like he's done in successive weeks (only this past week it was himself he nearly knocked out with his poor, lead-with-the-crown-of-the-helmet tackling).
Yup, that is Mays. He kind of plays like a caveman, no technique, hits hard, no sense of direction of where the play will go and says yes and no to the coaches.

Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
The LBC wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Yup, that is Mays. He kind of plays like a caveman, no technique, hits hard, no sense of direction of where the play will go and says yes and no to the coaches.

lol did anyone else immediately think of....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rplwk3p85jg

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
The LBC wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
The LBC wrote:

lol did anyone else immediately think of....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rplwk3p85jg

LOL oh boy..that movie

CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please destroy Peyton, he scarred me last time we played him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Germanbolt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the rest of the AFC is losing for us, so who knows

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found anything on Gaither or Floyd, are they suiting up for tomorrow?

BTW Tracy Porter did not make the flight due to illness, so I'm assuming Rivers will take advantage of that.

MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:

BTW Tracy Porter did not make the flight due to illness, so I'm assuming Rivers will take advantage of that.

Gaither is out, Floyd is playing.

Porter not being there helps. Does Champ follow the #1, or does he just play a side?

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Gaither is out, Floyd is playing.

Porter not being there helps. Does Champ follow the #1, or does he just play a side?

I've seen it go both ways. But let's be honest... who really is "our #1". Meachem, for the most part, showed he actually can break out when needed. I'd expect this to be one of those games where Champ gets moved around a bit though, probably splitting his time between covering Floyd and even some time on Gates.

Gaither being out hurts Mathews more than Rivers IMHO. Rivers was going to have limited amount of time to throw whether Gaither played or not, because Miller will probably be coming from Clary's side a fair amount (Del Rio would be a moron not to run a near-elite speed rusher against a bottom-rung speed-rush "combatant"). This would be a tremendous time for Norv to stop insisting on trying to run his scheme regardless of whether the present personnel fit his scheme terribly well and pulls off something akin to what he did against the Ravens last season with more 2 TE and jumbo sets to get the run game going. If it were me, there wouldn't be a lot of 1st or 2nd downs where two of McMichael, Gates, and Rosario weren't on the field.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they'll try and line Floyd up away from Champ. He's a lot harder to cover because of his size, but Champ has found a way around that his entire career. I can see Meachem running deep routs as a decoy, and Floyd/Gates getting all the action. When they finally swing Champ over to Floyd/Gates, Meach starts outrunning whoever is covering him, and gets the deep ball.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: