Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Give Me Your Top 10 Power Ranking...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosstafarian wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I'll give it a stab:

1. San Fransisco - Forget about the Vikings game. I know the 49ers have, with the dismantling of the Jets and Bills. 79-3 over the past two weeks!? I don't give a damn who you play in that stretch, that is NASTY. The defense has always been a top tier D...now that offense is starting to creep into that discussion, with a very strong run game paired with a passing game that can do anything you expect a top passing game can do. This team is the best team in the NFL right now.

2. Houston - Hard to drop a team when they're undefeated and have yet to play week 5, but given what the 49ers have done, it's easy. The Texans always have a tough time in primetime away games, so this might be further down the list if the Texans don't show up tonight. Outside of that, there are concerns in the run game...but Houston has many assets to lean on while it gets that part of the game in order.

3. Atlanta - Eve HARDER to drop a team when they're undefeated and HAVE played week 5 (and won) but...again, SF deserves it. They Dirty Birds been showing signs of weakness over the past two weeks. Nobody has been able to grab ahold of that yet, but it seems a loss is in the cards sooner rather than later. Still a very complete team, still able to win games in impressive fashion. Just haven't been able to actually DO so.

4. Patriots - Don't look now, but the NEP now have a run game and a defense. Tom Brady hasn't had this complete of a team since the 16-0 unit, and even that unit didn't have nearly as strong of a run game. I would be shocked if the Pats lose another game this season, and this includes the Dec 2 matchup against Houston in Foxboro.

5. Vikings - Yep. Christian Ponder is playing some safe, efficient football, Percy Harvin is the best offensive player in football, and Adrian Peterson is still running like he's got healthy knees. The defense is getting after the QB and stopping the run; Even though the back end of the D can be exposed by a high powered passing game, this team can find ways to stop any offense.

6. Ravens - I can't put my finger on this team. One minute, they look downright devastating, one minute they look like a very vulnerable team. This is on both sides of the ball, and this up and down happens about 4-5 times a game. Only complete showing they've had was W1, where they looked like a video game team. Outside of that, they've been completely incomplete with each effort.

7. Giants - There are times where this team seems dead in the water, but they rise to the occasion when the game is in striking distance, each and every time. Inconsistent, but they get their act together. Slow starters, but big finishers. I can see another SB run in this teams' future, yes sir.

8. Cardinals - Wowza, this offense is bad. They are San Fran, two years ago. They have a base to build on with that D, but if that D isn't protecting a lead, they aren't as effective. The other side of the ball is in shambles, with only Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Roberts as decent assets. If this team is 14+ down, they probably won't win.

9. Bears - The D has always been good, and always come ready to fight. Tim Jennings is playing some great ball, and Lance Briggs is coming out of hibernation (pun intended). The offense is helter-skelterish, but if they can continue the trend of keeping Jay Cutler upright by using the run game and short drop/quick release passing plays, this team can creep up. Get a quick score, let the defense do their work, get another score, let the D continue, and then sit on the ball with long drives. Chicago can do that, and if they do, they'll be tough to beat.

10. Eagles - The wheels are starting to fall off. This team is only going to go as far as Michael Vick takes them, and Vick is starting to show a LOT of flaws. You can't expect to turn the ball over as much as he does and not lose games, so either he gets that in order stat (and this team wins) or he doesn't get it in order stat (and this team loses). No middle ground here, this team is due for a big winning streak, or a big losing streak.

No changes after yesterday's game, but I wouldn't scoff if someone flip flopped the Texans and Falcons.

Falcons have had close wins this year as well. I'm not really sure why the Texans not dominating every single team they play is reason enough to drop them on a power rankings.

For the most part, I agree...and it's the "keep the peace/be a smart Mod" in me talking, not wanting to stir up moments where I get engaged in flame wars. Atlanta has a very stout team; Their offense does have more explosive elements available at the WR position, and the defense is the inverse of the Texans D - as in, they have a great front seven and an amazing back four. The Texans have a great back four, and an amazing front seven.

The actual fan behind the FF.com handle has the Texans as a firm #2.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Hieroglyphics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

The hate.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hieroglyphics wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

The hate.

I like the Niners.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Hieroglyphics wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

The hate.

I like the Niners.
But you have them ranked 5th out of 32 teams so you must hate them! Rolling Eyes

Kempes on the custom sig!
Hieroglyphics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Hieroglyphics wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

The hate.

I like the Niners.
But you have them ranked 5th out of 32 teams so you must hate them! Rolling Eyes

When they should be higher it is......
malak1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Hieroglyphics wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

The hate.

I like the Niners.

Packers at 9? They just won't go away.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

Why exactly are the falcons at 8?
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

I think they are a soft team with a one-dimensional offense and not much defense. I think they hit the lottery this year with their schedule and are a virtual lock to lose in the divisional round.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hieroglyphics wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Hieroglyphics wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

The hate.

I like the Niners.

When they should be higher it is......
They should be higher in YOUR opinion. His isn't the same as yours. Since when does that make him a hater?

Kempes on the custom sig!
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

I think they are a soft team with a one-dimensional offense and not much defense. I think they hit the lottery this year with their schedule and are a virtual lock to lose in the divisional round.

8th in LPG allowed and around average in rush offense, why would you think that?
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

8th in LPG allowed and around average in rush offense, why would you think that?

Bottom third in rush average. 5.4 yards a carry they give up on the ground. Give up 42.4% on 3rd down.

We see a team like Atlanta every year that does nothing well but throw it around and rack up big offensive numbers on terrible opponents on their way to a first round bye. Then get shocked when they lose in the divisional round.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

Bottom third in rush average. 5.4 yards a carry they give up on the ground. Give up 42.4% on 3rd down.

We see a team like Atlanta every year that does nothing well but throw it around and rack up big offensive numbers on terrible opponents on their way to a first round bye. Then get shocked when they lose in the divisional round.

21st in rushing and 21st in 3rd down % isn't that bad. They do much more than throw it around, they stop the pass, take the ball away and protect the ball, control the clock, and don't make stupid mistakes, ie penalties.
Insane82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1. Texans
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Giants
5. 49ers
6. Patriots
7. Eagles
8. Falcons
9. Packers
10. Seahawks

I swear there is this ATL BALT hate thrown back and forth between each other all because of 2 people from the 2008 NFL Draft. but of coarse most people involved wont admit it
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
I swear there is this ATL BALT hate thrown back and forth between each other all because of 2 people from the 2008 NFL Draft. but of coarse most people involved wont admit it

The Falcons are probably my favorite team in the NFC. The animosity from Ryan-Flacco is overblown. They weren't selected even close to each other, and there was no doubt on draft day who the better prospect was. Flacco wasn't even the consensus number 2 prospect. I could see Brohm-Flacco being a thing if Brohm wasn't terrible.

Can't someone be pessimistic about a team's outlook without some basis in 'hate'?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 7 of 57

Jump to: