Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

new QB?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: new QB? Reply with quote

We should've stayed where we were last year in the 1st round and picked RG3! I'm a huge Ram fan but Bradford is sucks, he's garbage. We should do all we can to get Geno Smith. It's not our Line or our WR's it's our gutless, fragile, immobile QB who can't make plays!

what do you guys think? how much longer should we wait til we move on?

btw, our defense is awesome!
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're an idiot and know nothing. Our QB is doing pretty well with a [inappropriate/removed] O-line that gives him no protection yet he makes plays. Our WR's create 0 separation and have brick hands. If we had both of those improved we'd easily be a top 10 team and contenders.

edit: I do like our WR corp and hope they grow and become good.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
I think you're an idiot and know nothing. Our QB is doing pretty well with a [inappropriate/removed] O-line that gives him no protection yet he makes plays. Our WR's create 0 separation and have brick hands. If we had both of those improved we'd easily be a top 10 team and contenders.

agree to disagree i guess. zero protection because Bradford cant avoid nor feel pressure. he sits waaay to long with the ball. hes doesnt have the "it" factor in an elite qb....we drafted 2 wrs last year in givens and quick...along w salas and pettis the yr before. ever think maybe its our qb?
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What... Sam stayed in the pocket and made plays. Did not looked fazed.. At times we get frustrated but Come on mang..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LGX3plK-n4&feature=relmfu

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
DistantRam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: new QB? Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
We should've stayed where we were last year in the 1st round and picked RG3!

Sam Bradford + Michael Brockers + Janoris Jenkins + two future first round picks >>>>>>>>>>>> RG III.

It really is that simple.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: new QB? Reply with quote

DistantRam wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

Sam Bradford + Michael Brockers + Janoris Jenkins + two future first round picks >>>>>>>>>>>> RG III.

That D is sooooooo nasty...

mozwanted wrote:
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: new QB? Reply with quote

DistantRam wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

Sam Bradford >>>>>>>>>>>> RG III.

FIFY

The rest is just icing on the cake
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Wr80 wrote:

agree to disagree i guess. zero protection because Bradford cant avoid nor feel pressure. he sits waaay to long with the ball. hes doesnt have the "it" factor in an elite qb....we drafted 2 wrs last year in givens and quick...along w salas and pettis the yr before. ever think maybe its our qb?

you just named four wideouts lets break them down

Salas - couldn't even make the roster this year, was also cut in NE and only brought back because of injury.

Pettis - was fighting for his life last year and has what 2 catches all year this year, and like all of our wideouts struggles to get separation.

Quick - very raw, has talent but again is very raw. Starting to see the field more, but could not even see the field prior to that for unknown reasons.

Givens - is a slot receiver or a home run threat, he is not a "complete" receiver in that he can use an entire route tree to his advantage. His speed is his biggest weapon.

Out of all those that we listed the only one imho with #1 potential would be quick, but those things dont always happen over night. We have a collection of role players basically at wideout. I mean come on, couple with that the fact our o line breakdowns 6 times out of 10. Where is sam supposed to go with the ball if no one gets open?

We have a traditional "pocket" qb, we have to at least get him a pocket to work with. He is not a mobile qb like the vicks, rg3, and newtons of the world. Get that idea out your head. Those type of qbs tend to come with even more issues, notably injuries, see vick, rg3 concussion for example. We have a qb that needs help every pocket qb does, whether it comes from receivers to offset the lines play or the line to offset receiver play.
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's always just black or white.
Zzzzzzz

no way we need a new qb.
but on the orther hand i'm sick of all this excuses about sam.
no oline, no wide outs, every year a new oc. blahblahblahblah.

a no.1 pick franchise qb should be a guy who can make the guys around you better not the other way around.

it must be a complete joke to think, sam is better than rg3.
newton and griffin and luck are all better.

but sam is our guy and we don't need the best, he should be ok, but no way sam will ever be elite.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradford is gutless, fragile, and immobile? Have you watched any games this season? Explain how he is those things you stated.

Bradford has improved so far and so has most of the other players who struggled last year.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to face 3 straight top 10 passing defenses lol. Cut the guy some slack.. He's not Cam bad.. Were winning and he's helping the cause.

mozwanted wrote:
j-stew32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: new QB? Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
We should've stayed where we were last year in the 1st round and picked RG3! I'm a huge Ram fan but Bradford is sucks, he's garbage. We should do all we can to get Geno Smith. It's not our Line or our WR's it's our gutless, fragile, immobile QB who can't make plays!

what do you guys think? how much longer should we wait til we move on?

btw, our defense is awesome!

I'm really not sure what I just read, but if you're not trolling you should try watching a game. His stats aren't good, but if you'd watch a game you'd see the drops, our pop warner interior O-line and sam being highly efficient in the short/intermediate game. It's easy to look at a box score and say "man he sucks" but watching the game and making intelligent observations isn't, and clearly you're not up for it.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
it's always just black or white.
Zzzzzzz

no way we need a new qb.
but on the orther hand i'm sick of all this excuses about sam.
no oline, no wide outs, every year a new oc. blahblahblahblah.

a no.1 pick franchise qb should be a guy who can make the guys around you better not the other way around.

it must be a complete joke to think, sam is better than rg3.
newton and griffin and luck are all better.

but sam is our guy and we don't need the best, he should be ok, but no way sam will ever be elite.

What rookie or young qb has made a wr better? Name me one. And no, I dont mean guys that were elite for years and had a down year with sub par QB play like steve smith and Reggie Wayne, I mean guys like brandon Gibson that has never showed anything and suddenly became a good to great wr.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Wr80 wrote:

What is the "it" factor?

Salas isn't on the team. Pettis is the backup slot WR. Quick has barely seen the field. How is the QB to blame for that?

And he hit Givens with 2 passes in the Cardinal games that he dropped.

But getting back to the "it" factor, Bradford has thrown 3 of his 6 TDs this year in the 4th quarter of games that are within 1 score(7 points) and has a 116.7 QBR in those situations. So if by the "it" factor you mean "clutchness" and being able to lead your team to victories in the 4th quarter. I'd say Bradford has "it".

And the rest of your criticism is old and washed up. If you haven't seen Bradford improve in all those categories this year, you're just not watching the games.

The funny thing is that the opinion of most people with NFL experience in personnel and coaching on Bradford is completely the opposite of yours. They think he's going to become a really good QB in this league sooner than later.

It's funny because this forum(FF) underrated the heck out of Bradford pre-draft, quite a few other internet forums did the same. The vast majority of real player evaluators(the NFL guys) absolutely loved him and the Rams had quite a few offers from highly respected NFL coaches/GMs to move up to #1.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw that our left side on the line has been solid..
The right side is where struggle..

Wayne Hunter has given up .5 sack..

Oji 2.5

Turner who has been stout all year imo 0

Dahl 2

Barry Richardson 4

Saffold surrendered 2

The blindside has been solid with Hunters play..

mozwanted wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: