Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: VIKINGS (4-1) at Redskins (2-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Bears at #5, the Vikings at #9, the Packers at #16, and Lions at #21. Our next opponent, the Redskins, I have ranked at #20.

I think while most of us feel the Vikings aren't "really" a top 10 team, as long as they continue to win, there is no reason not to keep them in the top 10.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I have the Bears at #5, the Vikings at #9, the Packers at #16, and Lions at #21. Our next opponent, the Redskins, I have ranked at #20.

I think while most of us feel the Vikings aren't "really" a top 10 team, as long as they continue to win, there is no reason not to keep them in the top 10.

Agreed, at this point in the year, perceptions from last year become irrelevant. You have to solely judge teams on their performance this year and to not have the Vikings as a top 10 team is not really accurately reflecting the reality of what is happening right now.
milanb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
if this turns out to be a grind it out, low scoring game, it could come down to a kick. WASH fans are very unhappy with their kicker, Billy Cundiff, and are even asking he be replaced this week. he missed two 31 yarders in two consecutive games.

i like our chances.

Cundiff's about to be cut and replaced by Kai Forbath.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000078906/article/billy-cundiff-redskins-reportedly-set-to-part-ways?module=HP11_headline_stack

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some ways, I'm not worried about this game because I feel we really match up well against them. But at the same time, this game somewhat scares me. This is the game I'm most worried about until after the bye.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing that concerns me most about this game is Mike Shanahan and his running game history. With his line and back getting a few games together now, they might start clicking a little better than I want to see.

This will be a great game to see how well the defensive front 7 have developed since game 1 and game 3. If they can shut down the Skins running game, I feel more confident of a Vikes victory.

Offensively, I think there are a couple good things for the Vikes, like not facing Orakpo . . . lol. So, if the Vikes can run the ball well enough, I think this one will come down to a couple big passing plays by Ponder (well afterall, he is going against Cedric Griffen and Medeiu Williams) Wink

In the end, I think the Vikes eak this one out 24-20.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Redskins run game will be dangerous, MN has yet to face a ZBS scheme as they have faced more down hill type runners like Gore and MJD. Just because MN has defended the run well up to this point, doesnt assure us that we will against WAs.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am perfectly confident that MIN will shut down the WAS ground game. Anything more than 75 yards from whoever their RB is would be very surprising to me. If RG3 plays I could see him rushing for 50+, but he is the only one that scares me.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game will be as close as the first two.

Vikings win 23-20

Any updates on RGIII?

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
I am perfectly confident that MIN will shut down the WAS ground game. Anything more than 75 yards from whoever their RB is would be very surprising to me. If RG3 plays I could see him rushing for 50+, but he is the only one that scares me.

I agree.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:

Dont sleep on Alfred Morris, he looks like a natural fit. Shanahan may have himself another 1400 yard rusher out of the blue.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Cundiff's about to be cut and replaced by Kai Forbath.

Reacting to the struggles of former Pro Bowl kicker Billy Cundiff, the Washington Redskins are signing former UCLA kicker Kai Forbath today, per a league source. Forbath tried out for the Redskins today along with Olindo Mare and Josh Brown.

Cundiff is expected to be released today. He was cut by the Baltimore Ravens during the preseason after being beaten out by rookie kicker Justin Tucker.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1228265&nid=6518717&fhn=1

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to put it out there, here are Shanahan's RB performances vs. the Vikings:

Terrell Davis - 68 yds (1996) - DEN win 21-17
Olandis Gary - 79 yds (1999) - MIN win 23-20
Clinton Portis - 117 yds (2003) - MIN win 28-20
Selvin Young - 87 yds (2007) - DEN win 22-19 in OT
James Davis - 11 yds (2010) - MIN win 17-13
Evan Royster - 132 yds (2011) - MIN win 33-26

I don't know what you can take from that other than that the Vikings have fared rather well vs Shanahan-led teams and that every game has been within 1 possession, so it's guaranteed to be close.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
The biggest thing that worries me is going on the road, will we bring the right intensity? If we do, we win. If not, we probably lose.

We need to treat RG3 with the same physicality that we treated Calvin Johnson. I know they play different positions, but thats the type of physical play we need to bring. If we do that, I think our defense will be fine. Our run defense doesn't worry me against Morris.

On offense, we are playing against a 3-4, which is something to keep an eye on. Ponder needs to be smart with the football. The Redskins already have 4 defensive TDs this season(Turnover Ratio: +7). We need to watch out and be careful that THIS doesn't happen. It almost happened at Detroit, the Redskins will be ready for it, and they've shown that they can make a play on the ball.

Quote:
Kerrigan has been effective this season batting down passes coming off the edge. His timing is very good, as are his reads. When he saw the running back release to the right flat for a swing pass, he widened his rush and blocked QB Matt Ryan’s passing lane. The rest was tremendous athleticism...except for the, ahem, jump into the stands.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/oct/7/initial-thoughts-falcons-24-redskins-17/

So far, it seems we will have a major special teams advantage, especially in the kicking game. Suisham is STRUGGLING. Has missed 2 of 5 kicks in the 30s, 1 of 4 kicks in the 40s, and both of his kicks from 50+. On the other hand, Walsh has been near automatic. However, we are moving back to a grass playing surface, with conditions likely not what he's used to. Kluwe has struggled by his standards, but Sav Rocca has had two of his punts blocked already this year. On returns, we have one of the best, and Sherels is holding his own as well.

Key Statistic: 3rd Downs

Vikings: 22/62 (35.5%)
Opponents: 34/77 (44.2%)

Redskins: 14/60 (23.3%)
Opponents: 24/61 (39.3%)

I truly believe that this will be one of those ugly, physical, grind-it-out games. I don't expect either team to score in the 20s. I have no clue if we will win, but I will be very happy if we do, no matter how we win it. It will very likely come down to the kicking game.

Suisham? He a steeler,has been for 2 seasons. We cut Cundiff today and signed Forbath. Wink

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Suisham? He a steeler,has been for 2 seasons. We cut Cundiff today and signed Forbath. Wink

Sorry, had Suisham on the brain. But the point still stands.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Just to put it out there, here are Shanahan's RB performances vs. the Vikings:

Terrell Davis - 68 yds (1996) - DEN win 21-17
Olandis Gary - 79 yds (1999) - MIN win 23-20
Clinton Portis - 117 yds (2003) - MIN win 28-20
Selvin Young - 87 yds (2007) - DEN win 22-19 in OT
James Davis - 11 yds (2010) - MIN win 17-13
Evan Royster - 132 yds (2011) - MIN win 33-26

I don't know what you can take from that other than that the Vikings have fared rather well vs Shanahan-led teams and that every game has been within 1 possession, so it's guaranteed to be close.

Atleast all these RBs probably ran with some blood in them (I didn't really care to watch football until around 2004, so the 1st 3 I can't speak). Last week we played a RB who simply gave no effort at all.

Morris is no bum. If we can contain him, it will be much more difficult for the Redskins to get their offense going.

I see a competitive game on our hands this game. 24-20 Vikings.

(so far, almost all of my predictions have been extremely close to the real score. Crazy, huh?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 5 of 60

Jump to: