Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dexter (Season 6!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25952
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
If she is not getting naked, there is no point in having her on the show.... Just one man's opinion.


Dood, that stripper with Quinn didn't get naked! What's the deal? They always brings chicks on this show just to show their boobs.

i haz teh disappointedz.


Patience my friend. They merely put that seed in there to perk our curiosity. I assure you, they will give us all the satisfaction we so desire in an episode or two. I can sense it.
_________________
johndeere1707 wrote:

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 18299
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
If she is not getting naked, there is no point in having her on the show.... Just one man's opinion.


Dood, that stripper with Quinn didn't get naked! What's the deal? They always brings chicks on this show just to show their boobs.

i haz teh disappointedz.


Patience my friend. They merely put that seed in there to perk our curiosity. I assure you, they will give us all the satisfaction we so desire in an episode or two. I can sense it.


Both of you have been around long enough to know that this isn't forum appropriate. If that's what you want to talk about, do it somewhere else.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34573
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed on Quinn's stripper chick. But anywho, does anyone think they're gonna kick around the Deb loves Dexter that way thing again? I mean, I'm hoping not but at the same time, it would kind of make sense for them to bring that stupid thing back.



Has anyone else noticed the massive plot holes already?

- Dex just moves in with Deb and no one asks about it? And he doesn't take Harrison?

- Dexter just kills that Viktor guy for the hell of it, ignoring the code? Nevermind the fact that there HAS to be some form of security for lost baggage or maybe even a camera in there.

- Deb just stops talking to the shrink? Especially now that she's seen Dex in action, knows that he's a serial killer and has to rehab him? PLUS Mike got clipped? There had to be a window between her fully finding out about Dexter and Mike getting shot/Catching Dexter killing Travis for her to do that. I don't see how she wouldn't.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dus10


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 18757
Location: Sarasota, FL.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever so quietly, Ray Stevenson has been a force in every scene he has been in.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just voice this: Anyone else find this to be a mediocre episode? I don't feel that the plot progressed in any significant worthwhile way and the show can't seem to decide what direction it wants to go in exactly. I know everyone is excited that the show is just back, but I don't find this season's start to be particularly successful.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dotmotion


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 12105
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
I'll just voice this: Anyone else find this to be a mediocre episode? I don't feel that the plot progressed in any significant worthwhile way and the show can't seem to decide what direction it wants to go in exactly. I know everyone is excited that the show is just back, but I don't find this season's start to be particularly successful.

You can't expect the plot to progress quickly every episode. This season seems to be building up a bit slower and that might lead to better things later on. According to the preview, this episode seems to set up a lot of things that will later happen in the season with Louise, the mobster and a little sneak towards Dexter's future.

However, I agree that this season hasn't been great. I don't know why, but I really just don't care about most of the storylines. The Louis one especially just annoys me. I personally hate not knowing who he is because I feel that Dexter then has no stake in this and Louis is just some weird stalker. I know this creates mystique but it is just not doing it for me. The whole LaGuerta thing to me is also silly. I dunno, but I never saw her as a capable detective and Dokes has tried before and others have been suspicious, so this storyline has been repetitive. This one seems to be picking up more steam so I hold hope for this one. I hope my patience pays off. Maybe just Homeland has been on such a frantic pace compared to Dexter so I was expecting the same.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
I'll just voice this: Anyone else find this to be a mediocre episode? I don't feel that the plot progressed in any significant worthwhile way and the show can't seem to decide what direction it wants to go in exactly. I know everyone is excited that the show is just back, but I don't find this season's start to be particularly successful.

You can't expect the plot to progress quickly every episode. This season seems to be building up a bit slower and that might lead to better things later on. According to the preview, this episode seems to set up a lot of things that will later happen in the season with Louise, the mobster and a little sneak towards Dexter's future.

However, I agree that this season hasn't been great. I don't know why, but I really just don't care about most of the storylines. The Louis one especially just annoys me. I personally hate not knowing who he is because I feel that Dexter then has no stake in this and Louis is just some weird stalker. I know this creates mystique but it is just not doing it for me. The whole LaGuerta thing to me is also silly. I dunno, but I never saw her as a capable detective and Dokes has tried before and others have been suspicious, so this storyline has been repetitive. This one seems to be picking up more steam so I hold hope for this one. I hope my patience pays off. Maybe just Homeland has been on such a frantic pace compared to Dexter so I was expecting the same.


Trust me, I don't expect things to progress at a breakneck pace at all. I'm notorious amongst my friends as the guy who watches all the "slow, boring" stuff. When it comes to storytelling, in my opinion, the key is quality pacing.

In regards to Louis, I actually do find myself intrigued by the character, though we know little up to this point about what exactly his role is. What irked me, however, is the way Dexter dealt with him. It was oddly out of character. Dexter is often far more methodical and meticulous; here he is brazen and over-aggressive. Of course, this change can be attributed to his lockdown situation with Deb, but that does not in itself excuse the lapse in writing (imho).
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5943
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
I'll just voice this: Anyone else find this to be a mediocre episode? I don't feel that the plot progressed in any significant worthwhile way and the show can't seem to decide what direction it wants to go in exactly. I know everyone is excited that the show is just back, but I don't find this season's start to be particularly successful.
Everything about the first two episodes is a million times better than the last two seasons...

I've kind of expected crap from Dexter the past few years, so watching mediocrity from this show is an absolute welcome addition.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5943
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lewis storyline is dumb. He's pretty much just another piece to get on Dexter's nerves. He's not someone that's going to progress storylines unless he becomes a real threat to Dex's sanity...what I mean by that is, if he turns out to be more than just some silly hacker he can be really interesting. If he starts threatening the livelihood of Deb, the nanny, or Harrison, he can be really interesting. Otherwise he's just an annoyance to both Dex and the viewers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
I'll just voice this: Anyone else find this to be a mediocre episode? I don't feel that the plot progressed in any significant worthwhile way and the show can't seem to decide what direction it wants to go in exactly. I know everyone is excited that the show is just back, but I don't find this season's start to be particularly successful.
Everything about the first two episodes is a million times better than the last two seasons...

I've kind of expected crap from Dexter the past few years, so watching mediocrity from this show is an absolute welcome addition.


We're on the same page, man. This season is off to a better start than seasons five and six. The problem is, that isn't saying much at all. Both of those seasons were abysmal. I'm not writing this season off at all; I'm just not giving it a free pass like a lot of viewers are (and I understand where they're coming from; they've just been so hungry for more Dexter).
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34573
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
In regards to Louis, I actually do find myself intrigued by the character, though we know little up to this point about what exactly his role is. What irked me, however, is the way Dexter dealt with him. It was oddly out of character. Dexter is often far more methodical and meticulous; here he is brazen and over-aggressive. Of course, this change can be attributed to his lockdown situation with Deb, but that does not in itself excuse the lapse in writing (imho).


I have more of a bone to pick with how he killed Viktor. That was more impulsive and out of character than Louis. He broke into Louis' place trying to find out what was up, he had no intention of a confrontation evidenced by the lack of a tranquilizer. He had no way of getting out without getting noticed once the guy got home so he figured to make sure he had the upper hand physically and tried to scare him. I don't have a problem with that.

Just bad luck imo. But I am really intrigued by the character (Louis).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 23153
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the potential of this season. I'm not saying its going to end great, but the Dex/Deb storyline, Dex/intern storyline, Russian Storyline, LaGuerta storyline, etc... All have tons of potential.

I want to know where the hell Harrison was when Dex was having a sleepover at Debs. Does that girl just stay at the house 24/7? If so, then cool, but it's never been implied.

The Dex/Louis storyline is going to end great IMO. I've had my problems with the past few seasons, but I think something big is happening.

My take on the end of the season:
LaGuerta finds out about Dex and somehow finds out that Deb is hiding him, and confronts Deb. something happens and LaGuerta gets killed by Deb accidentally, and Dex cleans it up for her, so even though she doesn't agree with him, she doesn't turn him in. Deb gets the Captain job, and Dex gets some room to breathe.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
My take on the end of the season:
LaGuerta finds out about Dex and somehow finds out that Deb is hiding him, and confronts Deb. something happens and LaGuerta gets killed by Deb accidentally, and Dex cleans it up for her, so even though she doesn't agree with him, she doesn't turn him in. Deb gets the Captain job, and Dex gets some room to breathe.


That would be a colossal WTF finish. Deb becoming an accidental murderer and having the first episode's script flipped? Can't say I'd be a fan of that resolution whatsoever.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5943
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
I really like the potential of this season. I'm not saying its going to end great, but the Dex/Deb storyline, Dex/intern storyline, Russian Storyline, LaGuerta storyline, etc... All have tons of potential.

I want to know where the hell Harrison was when Dex was having a sleepover at Debs. Does that girl just stay at the house 24/7? If so, then cool, but it's never been implied.

The Dex/Louis storyline is going to end great IMO. I've had my problems with the past few seasons, but I think something big is happening.

My take on the end of the season:
LaGuerta finds out about Dex and somehow finds out that Deb is hiding him, and confronts Deb. something happens and LaGuerta gets killed by Deb accidentally, and Dex cleans it up for her, so even though she doesn't agree with him, she doesn't turn him in. Deb gets the Captain job, and Dex gets some room to breathe.


I think the nanny may live at Dexter's apartment. Louis is always talking about being on "Dexter's side" of the apartment...though I'm pretty sure the nanny at one point used to leave. Almost positive, actually.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 18299
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
I really like the potential of this season. I'm not saying its going to end great, but the Dex/Deb storyline, Dex/intern storyline, Russian Storyline, LaGuerta storyline, etc... All have tons of potential.

I want to know where the hell Harrison was when Dex was having a sleepover at Debs. Does that girl just stay at the house 24/7? If so, then cool, but it's never been implied.

The Dex/Louis storyline is going to end great IMO. I've had my problems with the past few seasons, but I think something big is happening.

My take on the end of the season:
LaGuerta finds out about Dex and somehow finds out that Deb is hiding him, and confronts Deb. something happens and LaGuerta gets killed by Deb accidentally, and Dex cleans it up for her, so even though she doesn't agree with him, she doesn't turn him in. Deb gets the Captain job, and Dex gets some room to breathe.


I think the nanny may live at Dexter's apartment. Louis is always talking about being on "Dexter's side" of the apartment...though I'm pretty sure the nanny at one point used to leave. Almost positive, actually.


I thought Dexter bought the place next to his, and is letting her live in it as part of her salary. Then he knocked out a wall/door for her to come through. At least I'm pretty sure that's what happened.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 84 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group