Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: "Mercy Rule" Texans @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins this game?
Houston Texans
53%
 53%  [ 17 ]
New York Jets
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Geno Smith
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 32

green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
For some reasons, I feel like Texans teased ET80 too much. Not cool.

FIFY. Very Happy

All in all - Great game overall from the Jets. It was a nearly insurmountable situation, with Revis, Holmes, Keller and others out. Everyone had this being a smear-fest, but the Jets pulled out some FIGHT in this game, and I came away impressed with the heart and tenacity that the Jets had. While I might not like his antics and situation off the field, Antonio Cromartie is one HELL of a player - kept a top 5 WR in check, burned a top 5 CB on a stutter/go route in the SAME GAME!? Holy hell, that guy is good.

This team just faced the teeth of the schedule, and really showed something against the Texans yesterday. I think the talk of this team "quitting" is very overblown, media spin looking to throw Rex Ryan under a bus. This team fought, and fought hard for the W...and there were several times in which it looked like it could of happened.

Good luck for the rest of the year, do us a favor and beat New England a few times. Very Happy

We'll definitely try. Can you try to beat them Week 14? Very Happy
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the game last night and I was pretty happy the way we fought the Texans. A couple things that stood out to me.

-Cromartie is a great player. Top 10 CB. I don't care what anyone says, that guy doesn't throw in the towel and plays with pride.

-McKnight was a warrior. Can't believe he scored on the KR TD after throwing up all game long.

-Kerley came up big and proved he was reliable, like I've always said, Kerley is a perfect #3 WR for this team. Definitely a good player to have on the team. Reminds me a lot of Harry Douglas.

-Most of the "WE WANT TEBOW" chants at the game I feel are sarcastic or are coming from fans that aren't anywhere near a credible source. I am supporting Sanchez now. Although I know he'll probably never be a Top 10 QB. I think he can be an above average starter, and a decent stop-gap QB.

Jamison.'s Gallery
biggio7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to lie, I was more nervous with Tebow at QB than Sanchez especially when they were by the goal line. I though they should have left Tebow in. He accels at finding the endzone.

Great game though, very enjoyable and frustrating to watch. Your fans were great too, awesome atmosphere.

PS. Injuries suck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ET, I'm glad these things are being noticed by non-Jets fans. Injuries are no excuse, but for this team to be missing who they're missing and play the #1 team in the NFL down to the wire, it certainly was impressive, and it completely dispels the notion that Rex has lost his team.

You don't get wins or points for trying, but there is something to build on from this game.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
ET, I'm glad these things are being noticed by non-Jets fans. Injuries are no excuse, but for this team to be missing who they're missing and play the #1 team in the NFL down to the wire, it certainly was impressive, and it completely dispels the notion that Rex has lost his team.

You don't get wins or points for trying, but there is something to build on from this game.

Exactly. No one expected this game to be even close, yet we played the best team in the league for 60 minutes. This game looked like a contest between two good teams. Now we need to turn this into some wins...
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
I went to the game last night and I was pretty happy the way we fought the Texans. A couple things that stood out to me.

-Cromartie is a great player. Top 10 CB. I don't care what anyone says, that guy doesn't throw in the towel and plays with pride.

-McKnight was a warrior. Can't believe he scored on the KR TD after throwing up all game long.

-Kerley came up big and proved he was reliable, like I've always said, Kerley is a perfect #3 WR for this team. Definitely a good player to have on the team. Reminds me a lot of Harry Douglas.

-Most of the "WE WANT TEBOW" chants at the game I feel are sarcastic or are coming from fans that aren't anywhere near a credible source. I am supporting Sanchez now. Although I know he'll probably never be a Top 10 QB. I think he can be an above average starter, and a decent stop-gap QB.

Yeah , Cro is playing like a top 2 Corner right now.

I think someone else on here said the same thing about the Tebow chants. Its just the media blowing it up.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Exactly. No one expected this game to be even close, yet we played the best team in the league for 60 minutes. This game looked like a contest between two good teams. Now we need to turn this into some wins...

It's times like these when some of the bandwagon fans of the team, who love the Jets when they're fun and a threat to win big games, begin to fall by the wayside. It is what it is, they're not going to be one of the top teams this season. That was for certain once Revis was injured.

I think the season can still be fun to watch as long as the Jets can stay competitive, win they're share of games, and begin to turn around some of their issues using some younger talent and new tactics. I just hope guys will stop getting injured at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

Yeah , Cro is playing like a top 2 Corner right now.

I think someone else on here said the same thing about the Tebow chants. Its just the media blowing it up.

The Media created this circus, but who honestly couldn't see this from a mile away? Oh yeah, our idiot owner. All he saw was dollar signs and media attention. If we were smart we would admit our mistake and try to send him to Jacksonville where they need both him and his attention to sell tickets. Everyone wins.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mark of the beast reared its ugly head in the 666th Monday Night Football game in the form of Mark Sanchez's quarterback rating.

Sanchez was a pitiful 14 of 31 with one touchdown and two interceptions in the New York Jets' loss to the Houston Texans. The performance lowered his quarterback rating to -- wait for it -- 66.6.

On Monday morning, Tebow tweeted that he was "looking forward to giving God all the glory in tonight's 666th Monday Night Football game." He did so by throwing one pass that was dropped by wide receiver Stephen Hill and running five times for 19 yards. "Nah, I'm good Timmy. You take the glory on this one."

Sanchez has thrown six touchdowns, six interceptions and is averaging 6.6 yards per attempt on the season. --USA Today

That is hilarious.
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
The mark of the beast reared its ugly head in the 666th Monday Night Football game in the form of Mark Sanchez's quarterback rating.

Sanchez was a pitiful 14 of 31 with one touchdown and two interceptions in the New York Jets' loss to the Houston Texans. The performance lowered his quarterback rating to -- wait for it -- 66.6.

On Monday morning, Tebow tweeted that he was "looking forward to giving God all the glory in tonight's 666th Monday Night Football game." He did so by throwing one pass that was dropped by wide receiver Stephen Hill and running five times for 19 yards. "Nah, I'm good Timmy. You take the glory on this one."

Sanchez has thrown six touchdowns, six interceptions and is averaging 6.6 yards per attempt on the season. --USA Today

That is hilarious.

I only saw the last quarter but I don't think Sanchez was the reason we loss, not when we give up 169 yard rushing (4.8 per carry) and only get 69 (3.0 per).

Where we're Coples, Davis, and Maybin? Did they play much? None had a stat line.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

That is hilarious.

I only saw the last quarter but I don't think Sanchez was the reason we loss, not when we give up 169 yard rushing (4.8 per carry) and only get 69 (3.0 per).

Where we're Coples, Davis, and Maybin? Did they play much? None had a stat line.

I just think the 666 stuff is funny. Sanchez wasn't the reason we lost. Hes playing like crap, but when you build a team to run the football and pla good defense, and your at the bottom of the league in both, your not gonna win.

They were all quiet, as usual. Maybin and Coples got a decent amount of snaps. Davis I dont know.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:

That is hilarious.

Does the media not know that Hill didn't play or are they just trolling the Jets?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

That is hilarious.

Does the media not know that Hill didn't play or are they just trolling the Jets?

Yeah, even skip Bayless said Stephen Hill dropped the pass during the game. I thought these were suppose to be experts?

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:
Tebow and Sanchez are not the answers. Mark missed a wide open Cro, threw it too low 3 times (tipped) and high and behind cumberland. I'd give his game (considering his WR's) a C+. He kept us in the game... but also kinda blew it for us with this low passes.

THe question is what happens to get this team back to winning.

Front office:
Mike T has to take the fall. Horrible drafting, horrible contracts, bad in FA.
Rex gets a pass, but is on the "warm seat" We need to get back to drafting Jets players: smart, fundamently sound, good locker room guys. Lets erase the circus label NOW.

Offense:
Need a dynamic RB
Need a dynamic WR
Need a RT, G
Need to think about future QB. Mark's mistakes just havent been cleaned up. ITs been 4 years. He is not our Sanchise...

Defense:
True disruptive NT
OLB's
ILB (replace Scott)
Cover Safety
The thing with this defense is that we cant clog the middle like we could with Jenkins and we are way too slow with our LB's.
We cant get to the QB even with 1st round Couples. The only position on the whole team we good at is CB (assuming Revis comes back and is healthy).
Open to thoughts....
tebow is the good natured, high character guy youre talking about and he IS the circus.

idk why, but I'm encouraged by this game. I think we can realistically slide in as a wildcard. We played an elite team well and really that's call we can ask for. If we play like this every week, there's no reason we can't go 9-7 or 10-6....and if you recall correctly, I had us going between 5-11 and 8-8 in the beginning of the year.

Tebow isnt a circus, but his celebrity status brings the circus. Its not his fault, its the media's (mainly espn) and Woody's. With that said, he cant be blamed for it, but my comment above is simple- i dont think he is the answer to what this team needs.
A circus is a circus, whether intentional or not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: