Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Rams @ Dolphins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deets

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Week 6: Rams @ Dolphins Reply with quote

I don't think anything else needs to be said

FF Member #67

Last edited by Deets on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a decent test for Tanny, perhaps some tighter coverage than he's been used to. D co-ords seem to be chucking the kitchen sink at him and hes stepping up well so hopefully that can continue.
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Sunday is going to be very fun...

Indeed, for more than one reason!

Its no secret Miami wanted Jeff Fisher, so I think both Fisher and Philbin will want this win for emotional reasons.

As for the game itself, I think we will bring a lot of pressure against Sam Bradford with Amendola out. Will be interesting to see if he can adapt. Miami has been great against the run all season, I'm not afraid of Steven Jackson or Daryl Richardson. Offensively, I think Reggie Bush should make some big plays. I honestly think Miami wins this if we can give Tannehill decent pass protection... but there are no guarantees when it comes this Miami team.
St. Louis 19
Miami 22

And before you call me a homer, this is the first game I've predicted a Miami win all season. Is it Sunday yet?

Just gonna copy what I said in the last GDT about this game.

St. Louis 19
Miami 22

Nacho Simulation Football League
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiowas05 wrote:
This will be a decent test for Tanny, perhaps some tighter coverage than he's been used to. D co-ords seem to be chucking the kitchen sink at him and hes stepping up well so hopefully that can continue.

Yes.. This is the best cover corners he'll be facing..
Opposing QB's have a rating of 66.6 vs that secondary.

The slots won't scare me as much because of Finnegan.
He plays the Joker role. He can get physical with them..
It's your running game I will worry about, we are
known to make avg RB's look great.

Really want to see how Long and Quinn fare vs your OT's..
Brockers as well. Here's to no injuries and a very good game.
Btw, how will the weather be? You're gonna see our beasty
kicker Laughing

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit...

It's the best now..
Quote:

If you couldn't tell Thursday night, this St. Louis defense can play, and is an especially tough matchup at home. Coming into the Week 5 bout with Arizona, the Rams held opposing quarterbacks to a sorry 64.8 passer rating, the lowest figure in the NFL.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
mountainpd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:

Really want to see how Long and Quinn fare vs your OT's..
Brockers as well. Here's to no injuries and a very good game.
Btw, how will the weather be? You're gonna see our beasty
kicker Laughing

Let's hope it doesn't go down to the kickers then.

^^^Kempes^^^
Deets

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:

Better then Revis and Cromartie? Remember, we had a whole half of dealing with Revis before he got hurt.

I see the Rams are a very similar team to the Cardinals, Jets, and Bengals defensively.

FF Member #67
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:

Better then Revis and Cromartie? Remember, we had a whole half of dealing with Revis before he got hurt.

I see the Rams are a very similar team to the Cardinals, Jets, and Bengals defensively.

Yes.. The number prove it.. Plus a much better pass rush compared to the Jets.. Our weak area is the run support.. We feasted on Wilson a rookie how did not turn the ball over...

Staff-Jay-Wilson-LOLKolb- and even RG found very limited success.
RG had the threat of running but barely had 200 yards.. I am very aware of AZ game as well. So lets hope for no injuries
Razz

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I saw a very good gm outta the Rams the other day/night.

I can easily see our RBs staying home to help J. Martin out with Chris Long, no question there.

Anther thing I saw outta the Rams is their unbelieveable punter ... Holy Cow that guy will bury the
best punt returners in the gm.

With Amendola out I think we control the passing lanes.
The Rams will no doubt be throwing a ton of screen passes to help off set.

I can easily see a tight game here boys.

17 - 21 Miami Razz

sug
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how the game plays out on paper:

Dolphins D vs. Rams O
Dolphins have the league's #1 rushing defense, allowing an average of 61.4 rush yards per game (and an average of 2.7 yards per rush). We've allowed one rush over 20 yards (29 yards), only 2 TDs on the ground and barely over 2 first downs on the ground per game. Two of the five teams we've played against have elite RBs (Darren McFadden and Arian Foster). The Rams average 94.6 rush yards per game, 22nd in the NFL, although most of their games were against good defenses (Lions, Bears, Cardinals, Seattle, Washington).

I think our rush defense is better than their rush offense. It'll be up to Sam Bradford (57.5% completion, 6 TDs, 5 INTs, 7.0 avg/attempt), who leads the NFL's 30th ranked passing offense (183.4 yards per game) to gain most of the yards. Our pass defense has held QBs to a pedestrian 75.0 rating and 7.0 average per attempt; about on par with Bradford's performance thus far.

Advantage: Dolphins

Dolphins O vs. Rams D
The Fins bring the NFL's 8th ranked rushing offense (136.2 yards per game, 4.0 average, Bush's average being 4.8) against a statistically middle-of-the-pack Rams rushing defense (ranked 18th, 117.2 yards per game, 4.4 yards per attempt). The Rams have allowed over three times as many rushing 1st downs as the Dolphins.

Unfortunately for us, the Rams pass D has been superb so far this season, allowing only 2 passing TDs (just as many as Tannehill has on the season), a 66.6 QBR and a 6.5 average per attempt. The Rams defense averages 3.0 sacks per game, while our endearingly controversial offensive line gives up an average of 2.0 per game.

Advantage: Rams

Overall, I'd tend to agree with the Vegas oddsmakers for this game, although I'm a firm believer in the "any given Sunday" philosophy. We should win this game, but it'll be far from automatic with our offense.

Good luck to the Rams and here's to no injuries.
Dolphins82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Bruh, Davone Bess is gonna embarrass that dude, esp on 3rd downs.....mr. automatic

[]_[] Family
Not 1, not 2, not 3...........it's not a joke, it's a threat
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins82 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Bruh, Davone Bess is gonna embarrass that dude, esp on 3rd downs.....mr. automatic

Orrly.. This is where I get payback for my Pacers muahaha.
Sig bet?

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:

Believe it or not, yes. The difference between the Jets and Rams is that the Rams have a great trio with a top 10 CB who can lockdown the slot. I have all types of respect for Davonne Bess but the difference maker in this match-up is that Finnegan is elite in the slot and we have a big CB in Fletcher who is playing at an extremely high level that can match-up with Hartline outside.

I like Tannehill and always have been a fan but I think it's going to be very tough sledding this week. If I was the Dolphins, I'd attack the right side of our defense off tackle with Reggie Bush and then try to play off the play-action every now and then.

For the Rams offensively, I'm not expecting a lot. The Dolphins have a tough defense and we struggle on the road.

I think it'll be a close game, could see it going either way because I don't have a lot of faith in the Rams on the road. This is a very big game for the Rams because they have to find a way to break through to the "W" column away from home. If they can't, it'll tell me that while we're competitive, we're not a playoff contender.

Good luck.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Deets wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:

Believe it or not, yes. The difference between the Jets and Rams is that the Rams have a great trio with a top 10 CB who can lockdown the slot. I have all types of respect for Davonne Bess but the difference maker in this match-up is that Finnegan is elite in the slot and we have a big CB in Fletcher who is playing at an extremely high level that can match-up with Hartline outside.

I like Tannehill and always have been a fan but I think it's going to be very tough sledding this week. If I was the Dolphins, I'd attack the right side of our defense off tackle with Reggie Bush and then try to play off the play-action every now and then.

For the Rams offensively, I'm not expecting a lot. The Dolphins have a tough defense and we struggle on the road.

I think it'll be a close game, could see it going either way because I don't have a lot of faith in the Rams on the road. This is a very big game for the Rams because they have to find a way to break through to the "W" column away from home. If they can't, it'll tell me that while we're competitive, we're not a playoff contender.

Good luck.

Well I can't recall anybody shutting down Devon Bess the past 3 yrs so I guess that would make you
guys the 1st team to do so.

good luck

sug
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Deets wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:

Good luck.

Well I hate the Jets and I hate Revis so I don't particularly care. However I suspect most Jetfans would get very angry to that.

FF Member #67

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: