Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Mock Draft: Surprise top pick!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer Rhodes for Chicago
Swaps

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE the Te'o pick for the Vikings.

As someone mentioned earlier, the viking's offensive weak spot is WR. BUT we've only had Simpson playing for 2 weeks, Percy is KILLING it at everything he does, Greg Childs is injured, he would've had a big role on this offense.

It's been my opinion that CB and LB are the Vikings weakest points. They drafted a speedy CB in Josh Robinson who is learning from the best tackler in the league, Antoine Winfield, and is turning into a great steal in the 3rd round. They also grabbed AJ Jefferson from the Cardinals, who has had some hard times in Arizona, but no-one doubts he has the physical assets to be another great steal. Plus, he's being coached by Leslie Frazier and Alan Williams, both of whom played DB in the league. They also drafted Harrison Smith, who is playing like Joey Browner used to for us. A hard hitting, dominating safety who can cover like a blanket in his cover 2 zone.

That being said, the biggest hole is now linebacker. You need a super athletic cover linebacker to play the cover 2 that Frazier and Williams play. They're not a strict Tampa-2 like Brad Childress used, but you still need a LB who can cover. Erin Henderson is overrated, even as a fan, I say that. Jasper Brinkley is great against the run, but nobody runs anymore. And Chad Greenway is 2nd in the NFL with 53 tackles already. None of these guys are great cover LBs. Chad is a pro-bowler, no doubt, but we need another stud LB who can run with the TEs in the league. Long story longer, Te'o is the perfect pick here for the defense the Vikings play.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
Barrett Jones is the one OL I'd be happy drafting in the first, due to his versatility. Injuries are the biggest cause of our OL issues, and Jones is the best way to improve our backup situation with a single pick (and compete for a starting gig in the future).

Aside from all that, he fits our OL blocking scheme well.

Yeh, its a good pick for the Eagles, Jones could slot in anywhere and give us some stability.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preseason I had projected Gholston as a top pick and possible candidate for #1 overall. He hasn't exactly lit the world on fire but the raw physical talent is there. At this point I think he would really have to dominate for the rest of the season to have a shot at moving into the top 10.

As for the Chiefs pick, I like Tyler Wilson alot and would be happy to add him as our quarterback of the future (and likely present as well).

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Surprise top pick! Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

26. Chicago Bears
Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

It has been borderline embarrassing watching Chicago’s offensive line this season. Lewan would give Mike Tice some talent to work with.

Surprisingly to everyone the Bears Oline hasn’t been an embarrassment this season outside of the GB game where the entire offence sucked…they have paved the way for an average of 4.1 YPC on the ground with is 13th in the NFL…we have given up 14 sacks but when you consider 7 of those came against GB…7 sacks in 4 games isn’t overly concerning when you look at the trend around the league…

Lewan is a talented guy and if he were the pick it wouldn’t be bad since you can never go wrong adding talent but as crazy as it sounds giving how our D has played this year we need to add more youth and playmakers on that side of the ball…namely at LB…Alec Ogletree, C.J Mosley or Kevin Minter would be great additions to our D.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Vikings pick, T'eo is a very good player and would improve the LB play, but Brinkley has been solid and I don't think either of them could move to another LB position for the Vikings.

Allen would be a good pick as well.

RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a Michigan State fan and i will tell you the guy wont be a first round pick. He may be a physical specimen but hes a headcase. This whole year hes had trouble controlling his emotions and for that fact, the coaches have taken away his playing time. Id also like to point out, that hes not very good at getting off blocks. Hes just not first round draft pick material. I personally like that guy but i wouldnt want my team drafting him, hes got bust written all over him and thats not because hes related to gholston or anything, hes just nothing but a physical specimen that is above average at the college level. The big ten is just a horrible conference this year and the fact that you cant dominate in that division makes me think he wouldnt even start in the SEC nevermind the NFL.

Stay away
jcm412

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers have much bigger needs than a CB. S, OLB, ILB, and OL.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see a fellow Saints fan in this forum! Like the Saints pick

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Montgomery for the Lions. He is a much better talent than Miliner (hes a good pick but not great).
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y NO GENO FO JAGS

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jasper Brinkley has been pretty decent for MN whereas WR is still a pretty big need. Allen would be a significantly better pick for MN than Te'O.

A WR trio of Harvin, Allen and Simpson looks good on paper.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to watch Dalton handing off to Lattimore for years.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banks would be a good selection.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Buffalo doesn't manage to win at least one of the next two games, I'd love to see them deliberately tank the rest of the year and be in a position like this to get a potential franchise QB.

However, their are too many beatable opponent's on the Bills schedule the remainder of the year, and I see the Bills winning just enough to drop to the 8-15th pick range and ruin any chances of that.

Still, I'm much less optimistic than I was at the beginning of the year, based on how their losses went, but I was counting right from the start on the Bills having 2-3 losses here. Sneaking into a wild card spot isn't off the table yet, even if their play hasn't deserved such an honor so far this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: