Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: VIKINGS (4-1) at Redskins (2-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a feeling that RG3 won't play, despite the optimistic reports, so ill guess vikings by 13. Kevin Williams has been playing quite well, and I doubt the redskins get their inside running game going.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III has been cleared to practice without contact Wednesday, according to a report by The Washington Post.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8484332

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There goes your feeling BadgerBoy. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance he doesn't play, honestly. RG3 is a competitor and will strive to play in this game. That's fine with me tho, as others have said.

I don't want any excuses if we win.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
No chance he doesn't play, honestly. RG3 is a competitor and will strive to play in this game. That's fine with me tho, as others have said.

doesn't matter how much he wants to play if he doesn't pass all the tests from the neurologist.

I think he plays though, he seems to be fine
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:

doesn't matter how much he wants to play if he doesn't pass all the tests from the neurologist.

I think he plays though, he seems to be fine

What I meant was simply, RG will take every step given by the doctors and go even further to get ready. Similar to AP's recovery process. He's going to bounce back quicker if he can, just because his will is so strong.

I understand he must pass a final test Thursday or Friday I believe.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you're trying to say, but will has nothing to do with coming back from a concussion.

It definitely plays a part in muscle and bone injuries as you have to have the will to go through PT, i.e. Adrian Peterson. This, however, is a brain injury and all you can really do is rest and let it takes it's course.

I said it earlier in this thread, but I believe he was saved from a much more serious injury by having his head land on Jonathan Babineaux and not snapping back on the ground.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@VikingsNow: Redskins have lost 8 straight -- a season's worth of home games -- since winning first two at FedEx Field in 2011. Vikings 2-0 in 2010-11
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I understand what you're trying to say, but will has nothing to do with coming back from a concussion.

It definitely plays a part in muscle and bone injuries as you have to have the will to go through PT, i.e. Adrian Peterson. This, however, is a brain injury and all you can really do is rest and let it takes it's course.

I said it earlier in this thread, but I believe he was saved from a much more serious injury by having his head land on Jonathan Babineaux and not snapping back on the ground.

Just to add, RG3 has already seen an independent neurologist who has cleared him to practice, and as long as there are no setbacks (migraines) he will play on the weekend. He did not blackout - thank you Babineaux - which tends to suggest the concussion was less serious than it could have been. If he blacked out, I wouldn't want him playing on the weekend.

If Kevin Williams can attack the center, Will Montgomery, the interior pass rush can have some success - I would not be surprised if Griffen has success against Polumbus. Trent Williams vs Jared Allen will be a good match-up to watch, at least in my view after seeing T-Will shut down John Abraham last week.

I know most realize this, but Cedric Griffin is injured and has already been replaced at corner by rookie Richard Crawford. The key for the Vikings offense is getting their deep passing attack going because that is the true Achilles heel of the Redskins defense. While I never like facing AP, the Redskins defense is competent in their rushing defense.

Blknite01's masterpiece
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings really have yet to establish a down field passing attack, and I am not confident they will be this week. MN has hit on a few long passes each game to Harvin, Rudolph and Simpson. MN really needs someone to step up as a down field threat. Simpson is a bit of a concern right now health wise, and I just havent seen much faith in Harvin as a down field receiver.

I fully expect MN to emphasize the short area passing game, which is still dangerous. Harvin doesnt need much space to turn a short pass into a productive gain.
usdvikes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vikings-wr-simpson-ok-sunday-173605901--nfl.html

According to yahoo sports, Simpson is expected to play Sunday.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disaacs ... nice job researching the data. Of course some of us believe there should've bee one more game in 1999 against Denver. And, then there's the 2007 loss in which we found out just how bad Williamson hand-eye coordination really was ... lol.

By the way, does anyone know of a Viking hangout in the Seattle area? I'll be here until after the game Sunday, and then its back to the freezing tundra.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
Disaacs ... nice job researching the data. Of course some of us believe there should've bee one more game in 1999 against Denver. And, then there's the 2007 loss in which we found out just how bad Williamson hand-eye coordination really was ... lol.

By the way, does anyone know of a Viking hangout in the Seattle area? I'll be here until after the game Sunday, and then its back to the freezing tundra.

http://zaydabuddyspizza.com/

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Cook said he is especially excited to play in this game having grown up and gone to school not far from Washington D.C.

Cook: I had a lot of time off my first two years. Im not saying its an excuse or anything like that. But I definitely feel I can play better. And, with more reps, I feel I will. Ill be a little more amped up this week."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/173548731.html

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Washington is seventh in overall offense, fourth in rushing and is tops in the NFC with 17 touchdowns.

Arrow Washington's defense gives up lots of yards -- especially through the air -- but is third in the NFC in take-aways (11).

Arrow Washington has the league's worst ability to convert on third down.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/173619421.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 6 of 60

Jump to: