Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My QB Tiers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGFan101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees should not be in anyone's 1st tier with Rodgers, Brady, and Peyton.

He is finally being exposed as the system QB he is. No elite OL with Nicks gone as his security blanket for interior protection and no Payton, and he looks like a deer in the headlights. Good QB, but is a quite deceiving one with how much that offense helped pad his stats.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees is still an excellent quarterback but he does check it down a tad too much. He's not getting much help though from his OL and he's had a lot of receiver drops.
waremd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGFan101 wrote:
Brees should not be in anyone's 1st tier with Rodgers, Brady, and Peyton.

He is finally being exposed as the system QB he is. No elite OL with Nicks gone as his security blanket for interior protection and no Payton, and he looks like a deer in the headlights. Good QB, but is a quite deceiving one with how much that offense helped pad his stats.

1700 Yds 15 TDs, 6 INTs in 5 weeks when his O-Line has offered very poor pass protection so far? It's not Brees's fault their team is so bad, it's that 32nd ranked defense.

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Cam Newton is not a better QB than Carson Palmer. Neither is Alex Smith.

2. Mark Sanchez isn't average. He's dreadful.

3. Thanks for accurately ranking Vick. I couldn't tell you how many on here had the nerve to place him in the top 10 prior to the start of the year.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
renndawg37

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:

3. Thanks for accurately ranking Vick. I couldn't tell you how many on here had the nerve to place him in the top 10 prior to the start of the year.

Yes he is. Pretty easily IMO. Palmer is an idiot.

Zach Brown
George Wilson
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Cam Newton still better than Philip Rivers?

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I would rank them currently.

Tier 1 (best of the best): Brady, Rodgers

Tier 2 (borderline elite): Peyton, Brees, Eli, Ben

Tier 3(very good, mostly separated from tier above by lack of playoff resume): Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan

Tier 4 (above average): Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford, Alex Smith

Too early to tell, but have shown potential: Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder, Sam Bradford, RGIII, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Ryan Tannenhill

Everybody else (save a few teams with young QB's waiting to develop) should be looking for a new quarterback.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

That "idiot" has thrown just two picks (one of which wasn't on him) through the first four weeks (while averaging 40.5 attempts per game). A lot of people like to bring up his 16 picks in 10 games a year ago, but they always conveniently ignore the circumstances and fail to realize that he actually put up big-time numbers in the process (I posted the particulars in my thread for him; it should be on the 2nd or 3rd page of NFLGen). This year, his QBR of 86 is astounding given the offense he's leading. Greg Knapp is a schmuck. His receivers have been plagued by injuries. They can't establish the run for the life of them. He has horrendous pass-protection. Even still, he's been their top player.

Alex Smith is the epitome of average (and that could be overly generous, actually). Fortunately for him, though, it's impossible not to be successful on the football team he's on. He never has to worry about playing from behind. The running game is the best in the league. He has the second best TE in the league and a legit #1 wideout. Oh, yeah, and it's hard to turn the ball over when you're not even throwing 30 times a game.

He'd be damn lucky to have a QBR over 70 if he were on Oakland at this point.

SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

That "idiot" has thrown just two picks (one of which wasn't on him) through the first four weeks (while averaging 40.5 attempts per game). A lot of people like to bring up his 16 picks in 10 games a year ago, but they always conveniently ignore the circumstances and fail to realize that he actually put up big-time numbers in the process (I posted the particulars in my thread for him; it should be on the 2nd or 3rd page of NFLGen). This year, his QBR of 86 is astounding given the offense he's leading. Greg Knapp is a schmuck. His receivers have been plagued by injuries. They can't establish the run for the life of them. He has horrendous pass-protection. Even still, he's been their top player.

Alex Smith is the epitome of average (and that could be overly generous, actually). Fortunately for him, though, it's impossible not to be successful on the football team he's on. He never has to worry about playing from behind. The running game is the best in the league. He has the second best TE in the league and a legit #1 wideout. Oh, yeah, and it's hard to turn the ball over when you're not even throwing 30 times a game.

Where would you rank Flacco then? He is playing under similar circumstances of having a great RB, pretty good defense, and just as good a group of receivers as Smith. Smith is outperforming him pretty substantially this season.

(barely) average QB's don't lead the league in QBR, and TD/INT%. This season he is only behind the top tier QB's (top 5-7) after that he belongs in the conversation.
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

I disagree with the bold but agree with everything else.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

Well, they statistically have the best running game in football this year.

DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

Well, they statistically have the best running game in football this year.

Only because of the game against Buffalo. That doesn't hold that much weight. I'd rather face Gore than Foster.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foster is the better back right now, but if you think for a second the Texans OL is a better run blocking OL, you are mistaken. Then you have to take into account that the niners have Smith (fairly mobile QB), Kaepernick (best wildcat threat in the league), Hunter (just as capable a backup RB as Tate, but IMO more complete), and a better/more creative playcaller who puts those guys in positions to pick up huge yardage. The Niners are averaging over 6 yards a carry, with none of the players I mentioned under a 4.2 average.

That is by far the best rushing attack in football. And no, it isn't just because of the Bills game.
Buckweath

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
Foster is the better back right now, but if you think for a second the Texans OL is a better run blocking OL, you are mistaken. Then you have to take into account that the niners have Smith (fairly mobile QB), Kaepernick (best wildcat threat in the league), Hunter (just as capable a backup RB as Tate, but IMO more complete), and a better/more creative playcaller who puts those guys in positions to pick up huge yardage. The Niners are averaging over 6 yards a carry, with none of the players I mentioned under a 4.2 average.

That is by far the best rushing attack in football. And no, it isn't just because of the Bills game.

Let me nominate the Chiefs for best running game in the league. Charles is clearly better than Foster and Gore IMO and that Chiefs rushing game gashed and gashed that Ravens defense even when they knew we would run and run again.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckweath wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:

Let me nominate the Chiefs for best running game in the league. Charles is clearly better than Foster and Gore IMO and that Chiefs rushing game gashed and gashed that Ravens defense even when they knew we would run and run again.

Chiefs RB's averaged 4.3 YPC (solid, but not jaw-dropping) against us. And if you take away Charles' big 25-yarder, it drops to 3.9. So, yeah, "gashed and gashed" isn't the right phrase.

Charles had a whale of a first half, but was pretty much a complete non-factor in the second (10 carries for 15 yards).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: