Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dalton.... improving ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Dalton.... improving ? Reply with quote

Just watching the MIA game again, I watched Andy Dalton closely, and from 4000 miles away on my lap-top, on alot of plays I could see where Andy was going just by watching his head.

He seems to be giving his throws away by following his target too long. DL's also seem to be getting their hands in the air to block his throws. If I can read his throws from my sofa, you can be sure as hell the opposing coaches are looking at Daltons trends much closer.

A couple of questions/ points.....

1. Has Dalton got to use he eyes better and keep his head still to not give away his targets? Should he consider using a visor ? Has he got to learn from other QB's how to 'look-off' the DB's away from where he's going ?

2. After the INT's by JJ Watt and Randy Starks Sunday on the line, has he got to look for his lanes better, or have the guards got to keep the play going and not let the DL's get their paws up on pass plays ?

Thoughts ?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no doubt he looks down throws. But I think where he really struggles is his foot work. He tends to throw off his back foot and not stepping into throws. That could be due to the pocket not being clean some times, but he really needs to improve that

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
There is no doubt he looks down throws. But I think where he really struggles is his foot work. He tends to throw off his back foot and not stepping into throws. That could be due to the pocket not being clean some times, but he really needs to improve that

That's exactly it. When you see bad form, the interior of the oline is being killed. Almost every time.

And FYI - players can't just "wear a visor". Getting clearance for a darkened visor requires medical mumbo-jumbo. Otherwise everyone would wear one, especially quarterbacks.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

That's exactly it. When you see bad form, the interior of the oline is being killed. Almost every time.

And FYI - players can't just "wear a visor". Getting clearance for a darkened visor requires medical mumbo-jumbo. Otherwise everyone would wear one, especially quarterbacks.

I still see some issues with his footwork even with a clean pocket. He also makes throws like he has a rocket arm and he doesnt so the ball gets there late which causes issues. They are fixable issues, he just needs to work on them this offseason

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Didn't know that.

You mean Jim McMahon wore shades all those years and didn't ask Pete Rozelle for permission ?
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Didn't know that.

You mean Jim McMahon wore shades all those years and didn't ask Pete Rozelle for permission ?

Don't know about that. I just know that the only reason LDT was able to wear one was because of eyesight issues. Too lazy to do some google searching right now.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: