Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AJ Hawks progression this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A.J. Hawk Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: AJ Hawks progression this year Reply with quote

Is it just me, or has he taken a major step forward this year? He's been all over the ball and hasn't been making nearly as many mistakes as prior years. It seems like he's finally taking that next step, and is really impressing me early on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has always been a solid player but as most stated in our top 10 thread, he has really turned it on this year. Much more agressive, and has been very good in coverage.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
He has always been a solid player but as most stated in our top 10 thread, he has really turned it on this year. Much more agressive, and has been very good in coverage.

The hair must have been holding him back...

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
justo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has to do a lot with Bishop not being there TBH. It's not so much he wasn't good in the past years..it was just his role as "defensive fullback". Not that his role has changed much this year, more so that he's having to make up for Smith while doing his job as well. That's how I see anyway.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not being asked to cover as much this year. He is rarely out there on passing downs. And when he is, he is pretty much being asked to blitz or spy. Much better usage of his strengths moreso than anything he was and was not doing well this year compared to last year IMO.
rbens06

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do also remember reading an article about him this offseason that he slimmed down. He said that he did not shed a ton of weight, just a little to give him better mobility and speed. He is listed at 242lbs right now and I thought he was listed at around 250 other years. Either way I like to see he is getting more credit, I always felt he got the short end of the stick. Yes he was a 5th overall pick, but he is still a very solid football player that does what is asked of him and he did not cause any trouble when his playing time dropped.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure he's on the juice. Anybody else notice Hawk just spazzing out like all the time this year. Prior to this year I'd never seem do anything that resembled a show of emotion. Like every time he makes a tackle he pounces up and gets in peoples faces haha.
mxr124

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Pretty sure he's on the juice. Anybody else notice Hawk just spazzing out like all the time this year. Prior to this year I'd never seem do anything that resembled a show of emotion. Like every time he makes a tackle he pounces up and gets in peoples faces haha.

I noticed that too. I keep expecting a flag on him. It seems whenever he is involved in a play, and then the play is over he constantly has to throw in a little extra shove on something. He never did that before this season.
A.J. Hawk Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

I noticed that too. I keep expecting a flag on him. It seems whenever he is involved in a play, and then the play is over he constantly has to throw in a little extra shove on something. He never did that before this season.
which is good IMO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
mxr124 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

which is good IMO

I wonder sometimes how often everyone watches our team play. He was doing that last year and received slack for an obscene finger gesture to his own team if you all remember correctly. What is new to his play is actually making the play or tackle. He's been a plus this season for sure.
packfan4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk really does look like a different player this year, seems like he's reacting to the ball faster and making more plays at or behind the line of scrimmage. Still think we really miss Bishop. DJ Smith has been good enough, while Hawk really seems to have upped his game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like someone else said, pretty sure he cut like 10 or so pounds this offseason.

Makes a difference.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the way Hawk is playing right now, it almost just makes me angry about what coulda been with him and a healthy Bishop. They were always a very respectable duo but now that Hawk is playing as good as ever, I just can't help but think of what would have been with Bishop next to him.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was the spare wheel that everyone cursed when it had to be used, but used it every chance they got.

Now that he's playing well, it seems like the bias has absolutely vanished from most people.

This forum is cra'y.
Abalow7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk has always been awesome, he's just getting more of the glamorous stuff this year. My favorite though was when he sacked Sam Bradford last year and then flipped the bird lmao

Packerbacker87 on the SIG ^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: