Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs New York Giants - Redemption
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's Got It Better Than Us?
Nooooobody!!!
66%
 66%  [ 28 ]
New York Giants :(
33%
 33%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 42

Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time liking the Cardinals living here in Arizona. I can see the stadium from my porch. It's literally a five minute drive. Way too many fans/homers to deal with on a daily basis. If I didn't live here, I would probably root for them more outside of division standing scenarios.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I have a hard time liking the Cardinals living here in Arizona. I can see the stadium from my porch. It's literally a five minute drive. Way too many fans/homers to deal with on a daily basis. If I didn't live here, I would probably root for them more outside of division standing scenarios.

Yeah, I don't deal with die hard fans so it is a little different. Warner and the boys were fun to watch but we always fared fairly well against them even when we were mediocre.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Yeah, I don't deal with die hard fans so it is a little different. Warner and the boys were fun to watch but we always fared fairly well against them even when we were mediocre.

Yeah, Warner put that team back on the map, for sure. I really like Fitzgerald. I still think he's the best WR in the league. If he had an elite QB with even a mediocre O-line, he'd be trolling Megatron, and it wouldn't even be close. Kind of feel bad for him, but as a division rival fan, I have to like it, too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lambs are the team in our division I don't really have a problem with. I hate the cards and the chickens.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's funny to me is how many "die hard" cardinal fans there are in AZ now. I grew up in the Phoenix area and nobody liked the Cards. Then they build a stadium and tweak the logo and unis and now there's tons of "die hards". I only knew one dude that I grew up with that was a Cards fan from day one when they moved there in '88. I was a Niner fan before they got the Cards.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
What's funny to me is how many "die hard" cardinal fans there are in AZ now. I grew up in the Phoenix area and nobody liked the Cards. Then they build a stadium and tweak the logo and unis and now there's tons of "die hards". I only knew one dude that I grew up with that was a Cards fan from day one when they moved there in '88. I was a Niner fan before they got the Cards.

That's not surprising. Phoenix is a pretty transient city. Out of the 200+ phone numbers I have in my phone, only 3 are native to Arizona. So, a lot of these people had their team picked before they moved here.

2007 really put the Cardinals on the map and allowed the "I guess I'll root for the home team" people to proudly exclaim their devotion to the team. I'd say about 95 out of 100 jerseys I see are Fitzgerald jerseys here. The day Fitzgerald leaves the team, is probably the same day those die-hard fans revert back to "I guess I'll root for the home team."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

That's not surprising. Phoenix is a pretty transient city. Out of the 200+ phone numbers I have in my phone, only 3 are native to Arizona. So, a lot of these people had their team picked before they moved here.

2007 really put the Cardinals on the map and allowed the "I guess I'll root for the home team" people to proudly exclaim their devotion to the team. I'd say about 95 out of 100 jerseys I see are Fitzgerald jerseys here. The day Fitzgerald leaves the team, is probably the same day those die-hard fans revert back to "I guess I'll root for the home team."
Well, I grew up there since I was a toddler. When we got the Cards back in '88 nobody really cared. All the way up until the time I left AZ at 21 I never knew ANY Cards fans.

"Keep choppin' wood"
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Ataal wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Well, I grew up there since I was a toddler. When we got the Cards back in '88 nobody really cared. All the way up until the time I left AZ at 21 I never knew ANY Cards fans.

Yeah, 2007 is what changed everything. Go to the Super Bowl, build a new stadium in Glendale(101 and Bethany Home-Glendale) right next to West Gate(a small version of the "in" scene in Scottsdale. Expensive bars with nothing to do there), and all of the sudden, you have die-hard fans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Ataal wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Yeah, 2007 is what changed everything. Go to the Super Bowl, build a new stadium in Glendale(101 and Bethany Home-Glendale) right next to West Gate(a small version of the "in" scene in Scottsdale. Expensive bars with nothing to do there), and all of the sudden, you have die-hard fans.
Yeah that area was no man's land back in the day. NOBODY lived that far. I also used to root for the Cards quietly before they threw them into our division. Now I hate them. Laughing

"Keep choppin' wood"
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Is it just me or has Ginn disappointed so fa? Only 7 offensive yards in 2 games, punt return average is down too, as are offensive snaps in general. I know he's coming off an injury but i don't know if its going to affect him all year, or if he's just rusty. Most returners don't have great shelf lives either, so who knows if he's already regressing or not...either way i'd like AJ Jenkins to see some playing time in Ginn's absence and try to get some extra production. I would say Moss too but he opens things up as a deep threat.

Also interested to see the Kaep package again. I have a feeling we'll do a fly sweep, have the defense commit, and then throw over the top for a big gainer. I can just tell that play is coming soon.

Two games coming off an injury. He'll make some big plays for us before the season is over.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
– Running back Brandon Jacobs reportedly expressed frustration to USA Today, stating he’s been fully healthy for over two weeks and doesn’t know why he hasn’t been activated for his 49ers debut. Jacobs fully participated in Wednesday’s practice.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/10/10/three-man-injury-report-qb-smith-rb-jacobs-p-lee-fully-participate-in-practice/

Uh-oh, but if he is healthy he needs to be activated. Does anyone think if Jacobs had three shots inside the five last game we settle for a FG?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
– Running back Brandon Jacobs reportedly expressed frustration to USA Today, stating he’s been fully healthy for over two weeks and doesn’t know why he hasn’t been activated for his 49ers debut. Jacobs fully participated in Wednesday’s practice.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/10/10/three-man-injury-report-qb-smith-rb-jacobs-p-lee-fully-participate-in-practice/

Uh-oh, but if he is healthy he needs to be activated. Does anyone think if Jacobs had three shots inside the five last game we settle for a FG?

I think he definitely does. We also have to look at who we'd deactivate on game days in favor of Jacobs. Personally I could do without the Will Tukuafu at FB packages, because I don't really feel he brings that much more as a lead blocker than Bruce Miller(who has been FANTASTIC) does. It'd probably end up being Garrett Celek, though.

*(as an extra blocker)
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess Celek as well.

The thing that frutrates me is Jacobs reall looked GOOD in preseason. He was running like he did three or four years ago and showed he had some juice left. We are still struggling in short down situations so I hope the coaching staff does indeed feel like he's not 100% healthy. However, like we have all been saying, if he is healthy HE NEEDS TO PLAY! Jacobs would be the perfect player to insert when we need to close a game. Five minutes remaining up 7, let this guy pick up all the tough yards along with Alex making a few plays.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
streetlight3989 wrote:
It's been working for us all these years. Look at the Packers, Jets, and Cowboys this year Laughing

Back on track, I'm really excited for this week. I've come to respect this 49ers team and fanbase a great deal. You've gotta expect a good game when these two teams match up. I REALLY hope Nicks is playing, I don't think we can beat you guys without him. Our pass rush also needs to get going, Tuck and Osi have been ghosts this year. When it comes down to it though I think this one is gonna be close and hard fought to the very end.

I wish you guys bad luck and no injuries on either side. This is turning into a nice little NFC rivalry. I hope it continues, not that I ever want to play you guys Laughing
(Btw, I haven't really been keeping up with how Mario Manningham is playing for you guys, but I hope he's doing well. I've always liked him as a player and he's definitely a guy I want to see succeed for a team I wouldn't mind seeing him succeed for)

That's not so nice Crying or Very sad .

Giants Fan Here , I Don't wish either team bad luck , i'm looking forward to a great game being played by 2 top NFL Teams , This is the type of Game our team needs to play , playing against Top Talent like u guys have just helps shifts us into a higher level gear & i feel like after this game we'll be ready for anybody in our division cause this is the type of game that just Elevates everyone's play , It's gonna be a Battle and i Expect nothing but the Very Best , Light's Camera, Sunday Cool
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Don't be fooled by Jacobs size. His 3rd/4th and short conversion percentage is well below league average. Your way better off with Gore or Hunter back there in short yardage situations (and in general, frankly). Jacobs best asset is when he gets an open lane and delivers blows to defenders. It softens up the defense and opens up the running game. But he dances around more often than not, so you can't even count on that.

For the game... As I predicted, you guys are killing it this year. If we were healthy, I would say it would be a similar game to our regular season match-up last year where we battle most of the game but you guys end up making one or two more plays. But we have some key players hurt/out (Nicks, Phillips, Canty), so I think the score will be something like 20-31 with the Niners winning. But hey, anything can happen and I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Giants pull out a win. Most of all, like the rest of you guys, I'm hoping for a tough battle where nobody gets hurt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 5 of 55

Jump to: