Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will History Hurt Barkley?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yupyup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's still the 2nd best QB in the class and no one is really even close to surpassing him. Thomas, Bray, Murray, and Jones are all at least a notch below him.

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k8 wrote:
I haven't got to see Barkley play much this year, but based on what you have just said you have described what sounds like a 2nd round pick to me at best.

Ryan Tannehill is a top ten pick and Brandon Weeden is a first round pick but Matt Barkley is a second pick at best? Laughing Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Why would Lane Kiffin have any bearing on things. Which good QBs has he developed? He was on the staff for Lienart and Palmer as well. Odd comment.

Palmer turned out great, he just got injured and fell off...... Just because Leinart failed doesn't mean Barkley will because he is playing under Kiffin, at USC, etc.....

So why would the above poster say that those QBs don't matter because they didn't have Lane (when they did). What has Lane proven as a QB guru?

What has Dana Holgerson proven as a quarterback guru? Oh yeah, that his offense pads stats and that he's never been around a program that is producing NFL quarterbacks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
dtwizzy2k8 wrote:
I haven't got to see Barkley play much this year, but based on what you have just said you have described what sounds like a 2nd round pick to me at best.

Ryan Tannehill is a top ten pick and Brandon Weeden is a first round pick but Matt Barkley is a second pick at best? Laughing Rolling Eyes

If Matt Barkley played for any other school, that would never have been posted. Rest assured, my friend, we'll be back to rag on the naysayers soon enough.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
dtwizzy2k8 wrote:

If Matt Barkley played for any other school, that would never have been posted. Rest assured, my friend, we'll be back to rag on the naysayers soon enough.

If Matt Barkley played for any other school, he wouldn't have received anywhere near the hype he did. He was never a #1 prospect.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
dtwizzy2k8 wrote:

If Matt Barkley played for any other school, he wouldn't have received anywhere near the hype he did. He was never a #1 prospect.

LOL, hardly. He was the #1 high school prospect in the nation in 2009 per ESPN. The hype didn't start at USC, it simply followed him there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
dtwizzy2k8 wrote:

It would've followed wherever he went. The "future #1 pick" hype began before he even threw a college pass.

Edit: Guy above already beat me to it.

jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
dtwizzy2k8 wrote:

LOL, hardly. He was the #1 high school prospect in the nation in 2009 per ESPN. The hype didn't start at USC, it simply followed him there.

Disagree. Look at Jimmy Clausen. Maybe right after he came out of high school but he wouldn't have received the same hype(or help) he did at USC at most other schools. Barkley doesn't have the physical tools to go #1.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
dtwizzy2k8 wrote:

You honestly think Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden were better prospects than Matt Barkley?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
dtwizzy2k8 wrote:

You honestly think Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden were better prospects than Matt Barkley?

... The hell? Seriously, how in the world did you interpret that from what I typed?

I said that some people's obvious hate for USC is beginning to result in Barkley getting underrated. He's a better prospect than Tannehill and Weeden put together. I then said that us two will be back here to clown on the certain posters who honestly believe that Barkley is a second round talent.

Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
dtwizzy2k8 wrote:

... The hell? Seriously, how in the world did you interpret that from what I typed?

I said that some people's obvious hate for USC is beginning to result in Barkley getting underrated. He's a better prospect than Tannehill and Weeden put together. I then said that us two will be back here to clown on the certain posters who honestly believe that Barkley is a second round talent.

My mistake, I thought you were implying that Barkley would bust.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley likely won't bust, and he'll still probably be a top 10 pick and the 2nd QB off the board.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 30 attempts...

Quote:
RT @Ryan_McCrystal: Just finished charting Matt Barkley vs Syracuse... 16 of his 23 completions were at or behind the line of scrimmage.
Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Connoisseur wrote:
In 30 attempts...

Quote:
RT @Ryan_McCrystal: Just finished charting Matt Barkley vs Syracuse... 16 of his 23 completions were at or behind the line of scrimmage.
That about sums it up.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
dtwizzy2k8 wrote:

Disagree. Look at Jimmy Clausen. Maybe right after he came out of high school but he wouldn't have received the same hype(or help) he did at USC at most other schools. Barkley doesn't have the physical tools to go #1.

LOL, what about Jimmy Clausen? He was a high profile recruit, went to a school not named USC and yet, he still got a massive amount of unwarranted hype. I fail to see your point.

As the nation's #1 overall recruit, Matt Barkley was a walking, talking hype train and it didn't matter if he went to USC or Backwoods State College, he was gonna get more press than he ultimately deserved either way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: