Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders need draft Geno Smith, Bray, Or Matt Barkley next.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another guy who jumps out every week I watch them play is Alex Okafor.

Trading down, collecting picks and adding this kid would be a steal. He's quick, athletic and disruptive. When you watch Texas, they move him all around. He'll play in a stance as a traditional rush end and stand up in other sets and rush the passer. Could play 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE. Versatile player which seems like what the staff wants.

Trade down, draft Okafor and add a couple picks would be a positive start.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
He actually has thrown four interceptions, but luckily for him the defenders dropped the ball. He has overthrown guys, underthrown, gotten receivers killed, lollygagged to the line, has been indecisive with the ball leading to sacks.

Dropped interceptions dont count. This isnt a game of "what-ifs". Did he throw a bad pass? Sure. Did it result in a turnover? Nope. They dont count "shoulda been interceptions" and if they did every QB's number would be higher.

Gotten WRs killed? I can only assume you are talking about DHB. He did not leave DHB out to dry, he threw a pass where he was supposed to. Just because he saw a defender coming, should he have not thrown it? One could even make an argument that had DHB attacked the ball a little more aggressively, his body would not have been in the position he had it in, the defender wouldve hit him in a different way, and he would have been fine. On top of all of that, the only person to blame is Mundy so just stop it.

We are tied for 3rd in the NFL for fewest sacks, so you are really going to complain about him "causing" his own sacks? Have you watched him this year? he has been doing a good job of evading sacks and getting the ball away.

Burgesskills wrote:
Do you think the Colts would have been in position to draft Luck this year if Manning played last seasonÖ.H to the no. They would have made it to the playoffs, so donít tell me a QB canít succeed with a poor team around him.

Manning definitely made that team run, but the Colts still had 2 good WRs, a good TE, a Pro-Bowl C, and 2 of the better pass rushers in the NFL. Curtis Painter is an awful QB- that offense didnt stand a chance. Look at NE- everyone says Brady carries that team, but when he missed an entire season they still went to the playoffs with Matt Cassell!

Burgesskills wrote:
You guys like Palmer now and think weíll win with him now? We wonít. Do you think this team will make a tremendous turn next year, we wonít.

Who is saying we will win with him now? All people are saying is we would be worse off with any other QB on our roster and to stop hating on him. Its pretty clear he is doing all he can do right now. The rest of the players and the OC are severely handicapping him. He is in no way worth $16M, but nobody is saying he is. Nobody is saying lets keep Palmer till he is 37. All anyone is saying is we can draft a QB this year, or if there is not a franchise guy available we can roll with Palmer for one more year. Yea, thats a ton of money to pay him for another year, its not ideal, but we are just saying at least we have a QB right now and we wont have to pass on some elite prospect in favor of a lower-caliber QB.

Burgesskills wrote:
thatís like saying I was the skinniest kid at fat camp last year or some dude is the nicest murderer youíve ever met.

I hear most people described Charles Manson as a really nice guy Wink

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

I love 'dropped interception' comment. Always make me laugh. In what world is that valid?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Laughing Laughing

I love 'dropped interception' comment. Always make me laugh. In what world is that valid?

I wanna say in the first game we played Tebow (as a starter) and he tossed that long TD pass to Lloyd in the back of the endzone. The ball went right through Routt's hands, but nobody talked about Tebow throwing what should have been a pick, just that he made a beautiful TD pass.

La_Vader wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Have you watched him this year? he has been doing a good job of evading sacks and getting the ball away.

No, he hasn't..... but we're the idiots who haven't watched football.... LOL

PM sig requests.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Have you watched him this year? he has been doing a good job of evading sacks and getting the ball away.

No, he hasn't..... but we're the idiots who haven't watched football.... LOL

Oh, that makes sense. I'm gonna stop watching and just read box scores and play more Madden before I post again.

La_Vader wrote:
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think without trading down we will have a really good opportunity to get Barkley (who would be really good in our WC system IMO)or Geno Smith as our QB of the future or one of the better pass rushers (Jones, Mingo, Montgomery, Jeffcoat) or one of the NT's (Lotulelei, Jenkins, Hankins ) or one of the best CB's (Milliner, Banks, Rhodes)

Some of these guys and additional players like Werner or Okafor could be there if we can trade down...

I think if we can't get "our" QB or a game changer like Jones or Lutulelei we should trade down a bit get hopefully a 2nd rounder and pick up the best avaiable football player who could help day 1.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
I think without trading down we will have a really good opportunity to get Barkley (who would be really good in our WC system IMO)or Geno Smith as our QB of the future or one of the better pass rushers (Jones, Mingo, Montgomery, Jeffcoat) or one of the NT's (Lotulelei, Jenkins, Hankins ) or one of the best CB's (Milliner, Banks, Rhodes)

Some of these guys and additional players like Werner or Okafor could be there if we can trade down...

I think if we can't get "our" QB or a game changer like Jones or Lutulelei we should trade down a bit get hopefully a 2nd rounder and pick up the best avaiable football player who could help day 1.

There will be a lot of options available at a number of positions of need when our pick comes around.

La_Vader wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Rolni wrote:

There will be a lot of options available at a number of positions of need when our pick comes around.

If I were optimistic, I'd say this is the one good thing about needing so many positions LOL. We're gonna fill at least one!!!!.... hopefully.

PM sig requests.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Rolni wrote:

If I were optimistic, I'd say this is the one good thing about needing so many positions LOL. We're gonna fill at least one!!!!.... hopefully.

Thats how I feel. Between Barkely (depending on who you ask), Smith, Mingo, Jones, Lotuleili, Jeffcoat, Hankins, or Wilson we have a good shot at either a QB, DE, OLB, or DT. Throw in all the CBs and OL and we really cant go wrong. I'm really hoping for QB, DE, or Jones at this point.

La_Vader wrote:
Tacos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Barkley and Bray seem to be poor leaders, Bray has more fire in him than Barkley though. Bray reminds me of Philip Rivers as far as attitude is concerned, but I didn't follow Rivers in college and I know that Bray has some real accuracy problems and will most likely play one more year.

I want nothing to do with Barkley though, just don't understand the hype and don't like QB's with average arms.

I hope we don't go QB in the first round unless it's Geno or we somehow trade our first for two, and even then I'd rather not get one from this class.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would be extremely irritated if we took a quarterback with a top ten selection in this years draft. Our secondary and pass rush are a joke and need to be addressed before adding a player that's not even going to see the field for a couple of years.

Personally I want one of the following prospects. (In order)

Quote:
Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 242
40 time (projected): 4.62
2012 stats:

Quote:
Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Weight: 320
40 time (projected): 5.04
2012 stats (5 games): 22 tackles (5.0 TFL), 1 sack

Quote:
Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
Weight: 320
40 time (projected): 5.16
2012 stats:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Both Barkley and Bray seem to be poor leaders, Bray has more fire in him than Barkley though. Bray reminds me of Philip Rivers as far as attitude is concerned, but I didn't follow Rivers in college and I know that Bray has some real accuracy problems and will most likely play one more year.

I want nothing to do with Barkley though, just don't understand the hype and don't like QB's with average arms.

I hope we don't go QB in the first round unless it's Geno or we somehow trade our first for two, and even then I'd rather not get one from this class.

I don't want any QB with accuracy concerns. Arm strength doesn't concern me, unless they are unable to zip a ball on the intermediate throws- deep balls arent going to be as important if we stick to this offense. Accuracy > power in a traditional WCO. I want a guy who is a good leader, too. I don't know a whole lot about any of the QBs in this class. It seemed like a lot of people here liked Barkley a year ago, but not so much any more. If we go QB I really just hope its not one with accuracy or serious mechanical concerns.

La_Vader wrote:
Tacos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:

If we go QB I really just hope its not one with accuracy or serious mechanical concerns.

Yeah, I favor accuracy too but it's nice to have a guy who can gun it if needed. WCO favors average armed game managers too much for me though. Would like Marty from Philly here as OC next year, and if Reid gets cut there's a chance we can get him if he doesn't take over there. If this scenario were to happen I'd pick Geno Smith if available since Philly has a nice vertical WCO.

Otherwise, if we get a top 3 pick I'd love to trade down and get one of the DT's Bo listed and a CB ideally. We desperately need a pass rusher though so Jarvis would be a solid pick.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

If we go QB I really just hope its not one with accuracy or serious mechanical concerns.

Yeah, I favor accuracy too but it's nice to have a guy who can gun it if needed. WCO favors average armed game managers too much for me though. Would like Marty from Philly here as OC next year, and if Reid gets cut there's a chance we can get him if he doesn't take over there. If this scenario were to happen I'd pick Geno Smith if available since Philly has a nice vertical WCO.

Otherwise, if we get a top 3 pick I'd love to trade down and get one of the DT's Bo listed and a CB ideally. We desperately need a pass rusher though so Jarvis would be a solid pick.

I can see that. I'm fine with a QB, because whether its next year of the one after, we will need one for the future of this franchise. However, I like Jones a lot because not only does he fill a need at OLB, he also gives us a pass rusher kinda like Von Miller. I'd be happy with QB, pass rusher, DT, or trading down.

La_Vader wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 18 of 24

Jump to: