Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TABT 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
This is somewhat Bears talk. Did you read about the Bears fan being stabbed to death at a Jacksonville bar? In the same week we have Chiefs fans boo'ing their QB getting hurt. Ridiculous.

Yeah that's ridiculous. Apparently the guy got stabbed because he was talking to some guy's wife (the guy who stabbed him).

And did you see the Chief's OLmen response to the cheering? I think it was Ryan Lilja or someone like that - he basically called all the people cheering scumbags, which is absolutely true and deserved.

It was Eric Winston. I asked my friends in KC and they said they couldn't believe it. Cassel sucks, yes. Brady Quinn is even worse.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
This is somewhat Bears talk. Did you read about the Bears fan being stabbed to death at a Jacksonville bar? In the same week we have Chiefs fans boo'ing their QB getting hurt. Ridiculous.

Yeah that's ridiculous. Apparently the guy got stabbed because he was talking to some guy's wife (the guy who stabbed him).

And did you see the Chief's OLmen response to the cheering? I think it was Ryan Lilja or someone like that - he basically called all the people cheering scumbags, which is absolutely true and deserved.

It was Eric Winston. I asked my friends in KC and they said they couldn't believe it. Cassel sucks, yes. Brady Quinn is even worse.

Yeah that's the one. I could understand cheering if he got pulled from the game/benched, but to cheer for him to be knocked out? That's just disgusting.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching "A Football Life: 1995 Cleveland Browns" on DVR. I really wish this episode had been around a few years ago when so many people were complaining about Lovie Smith hiring his friends (Lovie buddies) and how no other front office in the NFL does stuff like that (yeah, sure). Sooooooo much carry-over to the Jets, then to the Patriots dynasty and then to other teams from there.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got out of bed late today, turned on the TV, and the first thing I saw was Bill Cowher explaining the triple option.

I realize that CBS and FOX, perhaps more so than their competitors, have to appeal to the least-common denominator. But is the option really that mystifying? When NFL teams run the option, seemingly 90% of the fans act like a unicorn just ran across the field. Are they that obliviously to the fact that college and high school teams run it constantly, if not as their base offense?
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
I got out of bed late today, turned on the TV, and the first thing I saw was Bill Cowher explaining the triple option.

I realize that CBS and FOX, perhaps more so than their competitors, have to appeal to the least-common denominator. But is the option really that mystifying? When NFL teams run the option, seemingly 90% of the fans act like a unicorn just ran across the field. Are they that obliviously to the fact that college and high school teams run it constantly, if not as their base offense?

I think people think the NFL is "above" the option when they really just don't want their bazillionaire QBs getting hurt.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I think people think the NFL is "above" the option when they really just don't want their bazillionaire QBs getting hurt.

Hardcore NFL fans probably feel that way. At the same time though, I think that group of fans isn't amazed by the option. Most people on this board, for instance, watch a decent amount of college football, so we've seen plenty of option.

I was more so talking about the same group of people who were drooling over the "Wildcat" a few years ago though, acting like it was a completely brand-new offense, claiming that it was the future of the pro game, and who think that anything besides a traditional NFL offense is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Specifically, and this is opening up a can of worms here, there is an obsession with Tebow running the option. Tim Tebow can be an exciting NFL player to watch, but come on, OROY Cam Newton has been running the option for the past year, Colin Kapernick and potential OROY RGIII are running it this year, and Vince Young was running it in 2010, all doing the same thing, so I don't know why Tebow running is treated as this separate animal and requires 100 times the media attention.
bkokot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Hardcore NFL fans probably feel that way. At the same time though, I think that group of fans isn't amazed by the option. Most people on this board, for instance, watch a decent amount of college football, so we've seen plenty of option.

I was more so talking about the same group of people who were drooling over the "Wildcat" a few years ago though, acting like it was a completely brand-new offense, claiming that it was the future of the pro game, and who think that anything besides a traditional NFL offense is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Specifically, and this is opening up a can of worms here, there is an obsession with Tebow running the option. Tim Tebow can be an exciting NFL player to watch, but come on, OROY Cam Newton has been running the option for the past year, Colin Kapernick and potential OROY RGIII are running it this year, and Vince Young was running it in 2010, all doing the same thing, so I don't know why Tebow running is treated as this separate animal and requires 100 times the media attention.

I agree with most of what you said. What I was honestly hoping to see the Jets start to do when they got desperate was to keep Sanchez and Tebow on the field at the same time. Have them line up side by side, that way, until the ball is snapped, you don't know who's going to get it. Then either qb can throw, tebow could run, or you could hand the ball off to another RB. I mean we've seen RB's or WR's throw a pass from time to time, but I don't think I've seen 2 QB's regularly in the backfield at the same time. I'm not saying that it would work, just that it would be interesting and new.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had more Redamaks in the last six months than seabears has had in her entire life!
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
I've had more Redamaks in the last six months than seabears has had in her entire life!

Stop making fun of me or I'll tell green.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:

Stop making fun of me or I'll tell my mom.

Fify, noob.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to start calling BEARS24 "Yook". Anyone else gettin on it?
BEARS24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:

TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:

YOU LOOK LIKE A BLUEBERRY
BEARS24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
BEARS24 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:

Why don't you go back to your home on whore island?
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
BEARS24 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:

Why don't you go back to your home on whore island?

YOU HAVE BAD HAIR

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 13 of 100

Jump to: