Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Seahawks Talk! V.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

First we drastically overpay for Charlie Whitehurst, who is horrible. Then we bring in Tarvaris Jackson to be our starter and he's so awful, we ship him to Buffalo where he can't even beat out Tyler Thigpen for their backup job. Then we spend a relatively high draft pick on a 5'10" rookie QB and make him our starter. He comes in and promptly post a pathetic 30.4 QB rating after 4 games. Is it just me or are most fans really beginning to question the ability of John Schneider and Pete Carroll, when it comes to evaluating potential NFL QB's?

Do you think Wilson is really doing that horribly?

I think he's doing relatively well for being a Rookie QB....

Like 'Plush' posted in the H.I.T Thread, Wilson's numbers are close to guys like Hasselbeck, Zorn, Krieg in their first four games..

Plush wrote:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Carroll-%E2%80%98It%E2%80%99s-not-just-one-guy%E2%80%99/0acffcf7-d024-42f5-97f4-d261bd673d26

"The Seahawks rank last in the NFL in passing offense, but Russell Wilsonís statistics are comparable to and even better than those compiled by the best quarterbacks in franchise history during their first four starts."

Wilson: Att-100, Comp-60, Pct-.600, Yds-594, TD-4, INT-4, QB Rating-73.5, W/L 2-2

Zorn: Att-141, Comp-65, Pct-.461, Yds-831, TD-5, INT-7, QB Rating-56.1, W/L 0-4

Krieg: Att-125, Comp-74, Pct-.592, Yds-892, TD-6, INT-5, QB Rating-80.4, W/L 2-2

Hass: Att-114, Comp-59, Pct-.517, Yds-637, TD-2, INT-3, QB Rating-63.3, W/L 2-2

We could EASILY be 4-0 with Wilson as our starting QB right now if it weren't for the TEAM making mistakes, and horrible play calling from the COORDINATORS..

Yes, I honestly think he has performed that badly. He looks scared. He looks like he has no instincts, when it comes to throwing the ball. He drops back and the minute he sees a defender within 10 yards, he gets "happy feet". I never said our offensive woes are all Wilson's fault. Bevell is a terrible play caller, but I feel like a lot of people are giving Wilson a free pass and he deserves a lot of the blame as well.
Shazor4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't say you would have traded x amount of picks for Andrew Luck. He was the best QB prospect for years. There is zero chance the Colts would have let him go. In the 3 years at Seattle, Carroll and Schneider have being limited in the QBs they could have got. The QBs they have passed on are:

2010 draft: Jimmy Clausen, Time Tebow, Colt McCoy

2011 draft: Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick

2012 draft: Brandon Weeden, Brock Osweiler

Bar Dalton, who I'm not a fan of, he is the only QB to have some success from that list. They haven't had an opportunity to draft a franchise QB yet.

The FA options each year have been mediocre at best. They got Jackson in a lockout year and with a horrible OL, did a decent job keeping us competitive.

No QB mentioned so far has me wishing we had gone after him. I still believe in Russell Wilson. He's doing what nearly every rookie QB has done upon entering the NFL: struggled. I wouldn't complain if we drafted a QB in round 1 next year but only if we know what Wilson has to offer.

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Yes, I honestly think he has performed that badly. He looks scared. He looks like he has no instincts, when it comes to throwing the ball. He drops back and the minute he sees a defender within 10 yards, he gets "happy feet". I never said our offensive woes are all Wilson's fault. Bevell is a terrible play caller, but I feel like a lot of people are giving Wilson a free pass and he deserves a lot of the blame as well.

I see a rookie QB that is still learning the speed of the NFL, I see a rookie QB that has faced 4 very good defenses in his first four starts of his career, I see a rookie QB that is being put in tough situations by his OC, I also see a rookie QB that has given us a chance to win 4 games this year....

You have a bias against Wilson because of his height, and I know no matter what he does you will always have a negative outlook on him and his career... it's a shame!

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
You can't say you would have traded x amount of picks for Andrew Luck. He was the best QB prospect for years. There is zero chance the Colts would have let him go. In the 3 years at Seattle, Carroll and Schneider have being limited in the QBs they could have got. The QBs they have passed on are:

2010 draft: Jimmy Clausen, Time Tebow, Colt McCoy

2011 draft: Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick

2012 draft: Brandon Weeden, Brock Osweiler

Bar Dalton, who I'm not a fan of, he is the only QB to have some success from that list. They haven't had an opportunity to draft a franchise QB yet.

The FA options each year have been mediocre at best. They got Jackson in a lockout year and with a horrible OL, did a decent job keeping us competitive.

No QB mentioned so far has me wishing we had gone after him. I still believe in Russell Wilson. He's doing what nearly every rookie QB has done upon entering the NFL: struggled. I wouldn't complain if we drafted a QB in round 1 next year but only if we know what Wilson has to offer.

Everyone has a price. When is the last time you saw a team give up 3 first round picks and possibly a 2nd? Never. With that in mind, you can't just say that there is zero chance the Colts would have taken the deal.

I never said we had much of a choice in the drafts. For the most part, I haven't been enamored with many rookie QB's over the last few years. Luck is the first one I really coveted since Eli Manning, so when I find one I like, I would find a way to get him. I would never select a QB in the first round that I wasn't crazy about. I liked Tannenhill, but I certainly wasn't gonna trade up for him. As I said, I liked him, but I wasn't in love with him as a prospect. I had Flynn as my backup plan, but I had no intention of needing a backup plan. I see what it would have taken to trade up to #1 for Luck and I do it.

As I stated before, I'm never gonna like Wilson. I didn't even have him on my draft board.

As for this coming offseason, unless we're in position to land Geno Smith or possibly Matt Barkley (I'm still not sold on him), there is no way I waste a pick on a first round QB. I really like Tyler Bray, but right now, he is an unfinished product who needs more college coaching. I believe he stays in school and competes to be the #1 QB taken in 2014. That would be the smart move. If he does declare, I would consider taking him, but I guarantee, he would not see the field until at least 2014 and that doesn't really help us right now. I'm also very high on Aaron Murray of Georgia. He isn't a first round prospect, but he would be an excellent value in round 2. He is listed at 6'1", so if he measures in as advertised, I go after him. He is very polished and I really like the way he controls the offense. With that said, there isn't a lot of options here either. Murray and Bray could both return to school further limiting things.

P.S. You need to update your adopt a hawk, stats for Wilson. Laughing

Last edited by TheOsprey on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

I see a rookie QB that is still learning the speed of the NFL, I see a rookie QB that has faced 4 very good defenses in his first four starts of his career, I see a rookie QB that is being put in tough situations by his OC, I also see a rookie QB that has given us a chance to win 4 games this year....

You have a bias against Wilson because of his height, and I know no matter what he does you will always have a negative outlook on him and his career... it's a shame!

You cannot be serious? 16, 20, 7 and 13. That is the amount of points our offense has racked up for us in each game this year (I'm not counting the botched TD call in the GB game and the defensive/ST touchdown against Dallas). If not for the defense, we should be 0-4. I don't know what standard you go by, but to me, you need at least 20 points in a game, to have a good chance at winning. Our offense has reached that just once, this year and it was exactly 20!

We are facing a bad defense this week, especially in the secondary. If Wilson can't lead us to at least 20 points this week against the Panthers, he's gotta sit the bench.

Last edited by TheOsprey on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen. What is the title of this thread?
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Gentlemen. What is the title of this thread?

Why is Osprey so wrong? Very Happy

Hint duly noted....

I'll just move this conversation to the Hawks vs. Rams GDT...

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
hdshot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
im probably going to move to Seattle when i graduate what are the good and bad parts of town or any other suggestions would be nice

Depends on how much you can spend on rent. I know people who live in Interbay, Kent, Everet. I will have to ask more when I see them again.

Look at craigslist for rent ads and browse. Might want to get a map of the other towns around Seattle.

I lived in new castle when i was little and ive never lived in a city so id like to be either downtown or at least really close

Never lived in a city either. Been to Seattle multiple times over my life and there are a fair amount of people that wonder around with mental issues by what I can tell. I have been to lots of other big cities and Seattle seems to have more. But they are not bad people, I just believe they can survive easier in Seattle because of the mild climate. I might sound mean but it's a culture shock for me at first which causes me to watch the locals for the first day and they treat it as no big deal as they should.

I would think downtown you would be ok, but looking at rent ads can tell you a lot what the area or building would be like. Then if you see something you like check out the other businesses around the area on google steet maps. Never commit to a lease or buy until you see it for yourself.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/danny-amendola-injury-could-life-threatening-173715914--nfl.html

Pretty crazy to think this type of injury could of been that serious. Glad he is ok.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So of course i had to come back with a dope sig....it'd only be right Wink

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, i can't believe i missed the 100,000 post mark for this forum

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Also, i can't believe i missed the 100,000 post mark for this forum

Well unfortunately you're the first to even mention it so we all missed it too Laughing This deserves its own thread. Landmark.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kind of random question but does anyone know how to post the memes on facebook so the picture shows up?? Everytime i try the link goes uo onto my wall not the picture.

#JDI
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
kind of random question but does anyone know how to post the memes on facebook so the picture shows up?? Everytime i try the link goes uo onto my wall not the picture.

You should just have to enlarge the picture and copy/paste it from there.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

You should just have to enlarge the picture and copy/paste it from there.

ok thank you ill try that

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 22 of 76

Jump to: