Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Rams @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fasel1515

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakland game all over again IMO. We run all over them and Tanny plays adequate. They throw the ball a lot because they get sick of only getting 2 yards per rush. 24-10 MIA.

Read somewhere Thomas is out so Miller is in and I'm expecting a solid game out of him and Bush.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

And just a clarification, our passing offense is better than our running game.

Probably not with Amendola out. Although I'm looking forward to seeing what Givens can do. He was the guy I wanted Miami to draft in the third round instead of that TE they drafted who will be lucky to ever play a down in the NFL. I'm still shocked they thought he was a better pick than Givens (who in my opinion was a top of the second round talent and certainly worth more than Brian Quick. Plus he was perfect for the WC offense) I'm still a little bitter. lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Probably not with Amendola out. Although I'm looking forward to seeing what Givens can do. He was the guy I wanted Miami to draft in the third round instead of that TE they drafted who will be lucky to ever play a down in the NFL. I'm still shocked they thought he was a better pick than Givens (who in my opinion was a top of the second round talent and certainly worth more than Brian Quick. Plus he was perfect for the WC offense) I'm still a little bitter. lol

I'm still holding out hope for Egnew. He still has time to learn and grow.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fasel1515 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I'm not. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see it with him?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I'm not. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see it with him?

Joe Philbin wrote:
Hes making progress....The system in Missouri was a little bit different. Obviously, he was a very productive college player and were hopeful that he can make the transition to the Miami Dolphin offense sooner as opposed to later. But were seeing development," Philbin said. "Hes got to be able to play a little more inline. He didnt do a whole lot of that at Missouri and hes starting to get used to having his hand down in a three-point stance, being involved in pass protection and more involved in the run blocking than hes ever been as well as the route running aspects of it. Were seeing progress.

http://sulia.com/channel/miami-dolphins/f/3c93b830-c157-49ab-b85d-357fdbb22476/?source=twitter
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
I like Finnegan but so far we have played Jonathan Joseph, Darrell Revis/Antonio Cromartie, Patrick Peterson, and Leon Hall. Hartline is still the top receiver in yards in the NFL and Bess is still a great compliment. Say what you want but both will show up and perform on Sunday. Not including Reggie Bush of course.

I understand why you're confident but we've faced off against Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Larry Fitzgerald. I have a lot of trust in our pass defense.

Bradley Fletcher is currently rated one of the best CBs in the NFL in terms of metrics this year and is picking up where he left off last year. He'll likely be matched up on Hartline unless you guys flip him to JJ's side.

Quote:
As for the final score, you guys will be traveling from the west coast to a heat-filled stadium in Miami. I said it with the Raiders and I'll say it to you. Those two things don't mix well. I feel like we have to advantage right now and with Amendola out, it's a huge loss for you guys especially if Marshall plays. You have no receivers that can win against our corners, no oline that can defend our pass rush, and no running game that can escape our linebackers. It'll be a poor offensive showing for you guys.

St. Louis isn't on the West Coast.

Amendola is a huge loss. It probably will be a poor offensive showing unless Bradford comes up with a big time game.

Quote:
It's true that you have a great pass defense with a good balance of pass rush and secondary play but that isn't anything we haven't faced before. We faced the league's top pass rushing defense in the Bengals and the league's top CB tandem in the Jets and we put up 17 and 20 respectively. If we can get 17 on you, I don't think you'll be able to match.

We're currently #6 in the NFL in sacks and #3 in QBR allowed. No offense but I don't think you've faced a pass rush/secondary combination like ours. Especially not from the Jets and Bengals.

Anyways, should make for an interesting game.

bpastermack wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Maybe not, remains to be seen I guess. And I agree with you on Givens being a 2nd round talent. He was #1 on my board for us to pick round 4 and we did.

I also wasn't a huge fan of Egnew. Great athlete but never lined up inline in college and was a body-catcher.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
The Dolphins have trouble with good tight ends and elite receivers. The Rams have an average running game and a very weak passing game with no dangerous playmakers. I see the Rams struggling to get any offense. If they get to the endzone at all it would take a turnover or big special teams play.

Our offense should play this one conservatively with all the running backs getting touches. Tannehill should try some play action, but I'd like to see 65%-70% runs. If we focus on running (especially late in the game) we should be able to take them down.

Prediction:

Dolphins: 20
Rams: 0

Yes! We need more of that in this forum! Laughing
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Quinn was my man crush in the draft two years ago. Wish he was in Miami opposite Wake.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams are in a much better position that few people realize outside of the St. Louis fan base.

Keys for Miami :

1) Get after Bradford. So far this year the Dolphin run defense had been solid. On the other hand the pass defense is shaky outside of Sean Smith. The best help we can give the secondary at this point is a strong pass rush.

2) Keep Tannehill off his back. So far this season the Rams have shown a knack for getting to the QB. Keeping the pressure off him has to be game planned into better line play, varied formations and quick accurate decisions by Tannehill.

3) Fill Bush's plate. The Rams have to be worried about Reggie Bush. Employing packages with single back, two backs(with Miller) and sending Reggie into motion. Reggie doesn't have to be the primary option which can help keep the Rams defense at bay.

I doubt that we can execute a flawless game plan. Both teams have enough on defense and not enough on offense to make this a low scoring affair. Barring a lopsided turnover affair it looks to be a low scoring game.

Final Dolphins 17 Rams 10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
The Rams are in a much better position that few people realize outside of the St. Louis fan base.

Keys for Miami :

1) Get after Bradford. So far this year the Dolphin run defense had been solid. On the other hand the pass defense is shaky outside of Sean Smith. The best help we can give the secondary at this point is a strong pass rush.

2) Keep Tannehill off his back. So far this season the Rams have shown a knack for getting to the QB. Keeping the pressure off him has to be game planned into better line play, varied formations and quick accurate decisions by Tannehill.

3) Fill Bush's plate. The Rams have to be worried about Reggie Bush. Employing packages with single back, two backs(with Miller) and sending Reggie into motion. Reggie doesn't have to be the primary option which can help keep the Rams defense at bay.

I doubt that we can execute a flawless game plan. Both teams have enough on defense and not enough on offense to make this a low scoring affair. Barring a lopsided turnover affair it looks to be a low scoring game.

Final Dolphins 17 Rams 10

We saw Reggie finally become a little bit of a receiver last week. He had the one reception which went for 20+ yards. I expect we'll start to see just a touch more of that 'designed check-down' stuff in the future. Brady does it will Woodhead and Welker and we has a huge weapon in Bush that has shown he can do it.
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the Rams obsession with their kicker to be hilarious. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of offense to score touchdowns?

FF Member #67
patdt13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
I find the Rams obsession with their kicker to be hilarious. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of offense to score touchdowns?

They must like the Tony Sparano offense.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Valbon8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wake >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wayne Hunter.

Miami 19-9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Bradford in road games 3 - 15.

I'd give us a decent chance.

^ Jamison on the sig.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:

The point of offense is to put points on the board. The 2011 49ers prove that. Our obsession with our kicker is the dude is a rookie and might already be the best player at his position with ability to be an all time great kicker. He's the kicker version of a "freak". You guys would be just as pumped to have a player like that if you were in our shoes.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: