Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Troy rips the fans.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 3013
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, sadly all of this true. And who would know better than the guy who was there for the 1-15 season, the 7-9 season, the 11-5 season and the 13-3 season which culminated in the 1st of 3 super bowl runs? He got to see the crowds during the lowest point in the franchises's history. And then he got to see the masses for half a decade of pure dominance.

As fans of the last 15 years and present, we are left with only two courses of action: (Correct me if I am wrong Plan)

1: We can walk away and stay away until they start winning again as a franchise and become the fans Aikman is describing, fulfilling our destiny. (If you say this with the emporer from Star Wars voice it sounds pretty funny)

OR

2: We can continue to watch knowing full well this team will be an abomination, a team stuck in neutral, imprisoned in an eternity of pergatory, and yet, as true Cowboys fans, show up in force and support our team. Flatly denying and contradicitng the accusation Troy Aikman made about all Cowboys fans. Let them know that it is not all about winning or the money or the fame. We simply want to see our team in action and support them.

Some may call this line of thinking foolish and state that we are playing right into J.J.'s hands. Line his pockets and support whatever garbage product he feels, he's making money.


So I guess it all comes down to your perspective on the matter. Are we following this team and supporting them because we are Ture Cowboys fans?

Or

Is this a "what have you done for me lately?" scenario where, as fans, we feel we are entitled a championship?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3421
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Look, sadly all of this true. And who would know better than the guy who was there for the 1-15 season, the 7-9 season, the 11-5 season and the 13-3 season which culminated in the 1st of 3 super bowl runs? He got to see the crowds during the lowest point in the franchises's history. And then he got to see the masses for half a decade of pure dominance.

As fans of the last 15 years and present, we are left with only two courses of action: (Correct me if I am wrong Plan)

1: We can walk away and stay away until they start winning again as a franchise and become the fans Aikman is describing, fulfilling our destiny. (If you say this with the emporer from Star Wars voice it sounds pretty funny)

OR

2: We can continue to watch knowing full well this team will be an abomination, a team stuck in neutral, imprisoned in an eternity of pergatory, and yet, as true Cowboys fans, show up in force and support our team. Flatly denying and contradicitng the accusation Troy Aikman made about all Cowboys fans. Let them know that it is not all about winning or the money or the fame. We simply want to see our team in action and support them.

Some may call this line of thinking foolish and state that we are playing right into J.J.'s hands. Line his pockets and support whatever garbage product he feels, he's making money.


So I guess it all comes down to your perspective on the matter. Are we following this team and supporting them because we are Ture Cowboys fans?

Or

Is this a "what have you done for me lately?" scenario where, as fans, we feel we are entitled a championship?


forget championship. We support this team so much and we hardly even get playoff WINS. I mean how pathetic is that. This is the cowboys organization not the Cleveland browns. Excellence is mandatory. It's a tradition.
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 3013
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="canadaluvsdalla"]
Rtnldave wrote:
Look, sadly all of this true. And who would know better than the guy who was there for the 1-15 season, the 7-9 season, the 11-5 season and the 13-3 season which culminated in the 1st of 3 super bowl runs? He got to see the crowds during the lowest point in the franchises's history. And then he got to see the masses for half a decade of pure dominance.

As fans of the last 15 years and present, we are left with only two courses of action: (Correct me if I am wrong Plan)

1: We can walk away and stay away until they start winning again as a franchise and become the fans Aikman is describing, fulfilling our destiny. (If you say this with the emporer from Star Wars voice it sounds pretty funny)

OR

2: We can continue to watch knowing full well this team will be an abomination, a team stuck in neutral, imprisoned in an eternity of pergatory, and yet, as true Cowboys fans, show up in force and support our team. Flatly denying and contradicitng the accusation Troy Aikman made about all Cowboys fans. Let them know that it is not all about winning or the money or the fame. We simply want to see our team in action and support them.

Some may call this line of thinking foolish and state that we are playing right into J.J.'s hands. Line his pockets and support whatever garbage product he feels, he's making money.


So I guess it all comes down to your perspective on the matter. Are we following this team and supporting them because we are Ture Cowboys fans?

Or

Is this a "what have you done for me lately?" scenario where, as fans, we feel we are entitled a championship?


forget championship. We support this team so much and we hardly even get playoff WINS. I mean how pathetic is that. This is the cowboys organization not the Cleveland browns. Excellence is mandatory. It's a tradition.[/quote]

Ok, words like Exellence and Mandatory fall under the heading of Expected or Entitled.
So, wheather you know it or not, this line of thinking falls under "what have you done for me lately?" category.
Don't feel bad, I often feel that way myself. I have posted about, called in talk shows about it and ranted and rave around my home about it. But come Sunday, I cannot turn myself away from the Cowboys game. I simply have to watch it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38985
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Good!!! Maybe I'd we could get a fee more high profiles to join in as well, game goers will get the hint!

Also I woul suggest that Jerryworld hire a new jumbotron operator, who knows a little something about football and creating a home field advantage. You know, put up the words on huge lettering shhh and cheer!!!!! This way we can teach them the right times to do certain things, like a hunter training a dog!


Youve never been to the new stadium, have you?


You never answered, but the reason I asked this question is due to the fact that the sign operator already does a lot of that stuff. Its almost absurd sometimes, but none the less, it is clear what you are supposed to be doing.
_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3421
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rtnldave"]
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Look, sadly all of this true. And who would know better than the guy who was there for the 1-15 season, the 7-9 season, the 11-5 season and the 13-3 season which culminated in the 1st of 3 super bowl runs? He got to see the crowds during the lowest point in the franchises's history. And then he got to see the masses for half a decade of pure dominance.

As fans of the last 15 years and present, we are left with only two courses of action: (Correct me if I am wrong Plan)

1: We can walk away and stay away until they start winning again as a franchise and become the fans Aikman is describing, fulfilling our destiny. (If you say this with the emporer from Star Wars voice it sounds pretty funny)

OR

2: We can continue to watch knowing full well this team will be an abomination, a team stuck in neutral, imprisoned in an eternity of pergatory, and yet, as true Cowboys fans, show up in force and support our team. Flatly denying and contradicitng the accusation Troy Aikman made about all Cowboys fans. Let them know that it is not all about winning or the money or the fame. We simply want to see our team in action and support them.

Some may call this line of thinking foolish and state that we are playing right into J.J.'s hands. Line his pockets and support whatever garbage product he feels, he's making money.


So I guess it all comes down to your perspective on the matter. Are we following this team and supporting them because we are Ture Cowboys fans?

Or

Is this a "what have you done for me lately?" scenario where, as fans, we feel we are entitled a championship?


forget championship. We support this team so much and we hardly even get playoff WINS. I mean how pathetic is that. This is the cowboys organization not the Cleveland browns. Excellence is mandatory. It's a tradition.[/quote]

Ok, words like Exellence and Mandatory fall under the heading of Expected or Entitled.
So, wheather you know it or not, this line of thinking falls under "what have you done for me lately?" category.
Don't feel bad, I often feel that way myself. I have posted about, called in talk shows about it and ranted and rave around my home about it. But come Sunday, I cannot turn myself away from the Cowboys game. I simply have to watch it.


Yeah me too. Can't fight it
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11544
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Good!!! Maybe I'd we could get a fee more high profiles to join in as well, game goers will get the hint!

Also I woul suggest that Jerryworld hire a new jumbotron operator, who knows a little something about football and creating a home field advantage. You know, put up the words on huge lettering shhh and cheer!!!!! This way we can teach them the right times to do certain things, like a hunter training a dog!


Youve never been to the new stadium, have you?


You never answered, but the reason I asked this question is due to the fact that the sign operator already does a lot of that stuff. Its almost absurd sometimes, but none the less, it is clear what you are supposed to be doing.
nope, never been to the new stadium. Flew over it a bunch of times but never in it.
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
dcfan4real


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 280
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I am wrong, but havent cowboys tickets been sold out every season for the last...i dont know 15 years or so? I think we show up regardless of the record because we always think the team is going to do really good every year. So we buy tickets as soon as they go on sale. So i dont think that what troy is saying is exactly correct. I do however believe we are wussie fans. I have been to 2 games in the new stadium and it doesnt get that loud at all. We do not cause offenses to lose their snap count or to mess up like other teams do. We only cheer and get loud when we score, and its not even that loud.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 29213
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcfan4real wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but havent cowboys tickets been sold out every season for the last...i dont know 15 years or so? I think we show up regardless of the record because we always think the team is going to do really good every year. So we buy tickets as soon as they go on sale. So i dont think that what troy is saying is exactly correct. I do however believe we are wussie fans. I have been to 2 games in the new stadium and it doesnt get that loud at all. We do not cause offenses to lose their snap count or to mess up like other teams do. We only cheer and get loud when we score, and its not even that loud.


He's saying the majority of the people that go to Dallas games are there simply to say they are there. They really have very little interest in the actual game or probably have no idea who the likes of Don Meredith, Lilly, Staubach, etc. are.

The Cowboys, even with their recent lack of success, are still regarded as one of the top franchises in the league. They are a polarizing franchise and therefore attract quite a few bandwagon fans (think Yankees, Lakers, etc.). With the new stadium and price hike in tickets, the die-hard fans can no longer afford to attend, therefore opening the way for the "hoity toity" crowd who only go to mingle and use the experience as a "status symbol".
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dcfan4real


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 280
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]dcfan4real wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but havent cowboys tickets been sold out every season for the last...i dont know 15 years or so? I think we show up regardless of the record because we always think the team is going to do really good every year. So we buy tickets as soon as they go on sale. So i dont think that what troy is saying is exactly correct. I do however believe we are wussie fans. I have been to 2 games in the new stadium and it doesnt get that loud at all. We do not cause offenses to lose their snap count or to mess up like other teams do. We only cheer and get loud when we score, and its not even that loud.


He's saying the majority of the people that go to Dallas games are there simply to say they are there. They really have very little interest in the actual game or probably have no idea who the likes of Don Meredith, Lilly, Staubach, etc. are.

The Cowboys, even with their recent lack of success, are still regarded as one of the top franchises in the league. They are a polarizing franchise and therefore attract quite a few bandwagon fans (think Yankees, Lakers, etc.). With the new stadium and price hike in tickets, the die-hard fans can no longer afford to attend, therefore opening the way for the "hoity toity" crowd who only go to mingle and use the experience as a "status symbol".
Quote:


That i actually agree with 100%. It is like that all over dallas though. Have you seen the ticket prices for a MAVS game? There are so many flippin millionaires and people with TONS of money that it drives up the prices of everything.


Last edited by dcfan4real on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 29213
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcfan4real wrote:
That i actually agree with 100%. It is like that all over dallas though. Have you seen the ticket prices for a MAVS game? There are so many flippin millionaires and people with TONS of money that it drives up the prices of everything.


I haven't...but then again, I don't really pay attention to any other sport other than football. Laughing
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dcfan4real


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 280
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am done trying. I hate the way this thing is set up. I cant qoate for ****.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 29213
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcfan4real wrote:
I am done trying. I hate the way this thing is set up. I cant qoate for ****.




You want to click that button in the little "box" of whichever post you want to quote.

From there, you'll want to type after the [/quote] at the end of whomever's post you are attempting to quote.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hawksrealm


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 260
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Hawksrealm...if Jimmy really wanted Walsh that badly, why did he trade him away early in the 1990 season? That was also a full year before Norv was brought on.

It also doesn't make sense why Troy would be so adamantly in a coach's corner who supposedly didn't want him or think he would ever succeed.


Des you are a Mod, and your History of the Cowboys is sadly lacking. How old are you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 29213
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Hawksrealm...if Jimmy really wanted Walsh that badly, why did he trade him away early in the 1990 season? That was also a full year before Norv was brought on.

It also doesn't make sense why Troy would be so adamantly in a coach's corner who supposedly didn't want him or think he would ever succeed.


Des you are a Mod, and your History of the Cowboys is sadly lacking. How old are you?


22...and what is lacking? I'm curious.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hawksrealm


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 260
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Hawksrealm...if Jimmy really wanted Walsh that badly, why did he trade him away early in the 1990 season? That was also a full year before Norv was brought on.

It also doesn't make sense why Troy would be so adamantly in a coach's corner who supposedly didn't want him or think he would ever succeed.


Des you are a Mod, and your History of the Cowboys is sadly lacking. How old are you?


22...and what is lacking? I'm curious.


The fact you didn't have a clue about Johnson and Aikman, to start with. I've been a fan since 1965, and I constantly have to see what people here write that isn't even remotely factual about the Cowboys. Especially that Plan 9 guy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group