Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Demaryius Thomas vs. Dez Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better WR?
Demaryius Thomas
61%
 61%  [ 87 ]
Dez Bryant
38%
 38%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 142

Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Isn't this basically a battle of "whose been more of a disappointment"? I wouldn't want either of these guys on my team and it's a shame because they have tremendous physical ability.
Wait, you're a Redskins Fan and would take your receiving core now over the same one including Demaryius Thomas? Laughing

I doubt RGIII has a mutual feeling.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that's 1 yard away from being the league leader in recieving yardage.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
renndawg37

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Thomas for me. Dez Bryant has the mental capacity of a crayon.

Zach Brown
George Wilson
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez isnt more talented, why do people keep saying that? Hes smaller, slower, and dumber.

^Props to BenderRodriguez for the GOAT of FF's sigs! Very Happy
bigboi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Dez isnt more talented, why do people keep saying that? Hes smaller, slower, and dumber.

Man, shut it up. You are the biggest hypebeast on this board, if this was back during the draft, you would be on Dez's nuts
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas, despite being considered a lot more raw, is the one who seems to be putting it together faster. That move sure was panned, doesn't look too bad now.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
dbronx42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigboi wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Man, shut it up. You are the biggest hypebeast on this board, if this was back during the draft, you would be on Dez's nuts

What does that matter? What he said is facts. Thomas is bigger, faster, and less of an idiot (by a wide margin.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigboi wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

In college, clearly Dez was better. And in the pros, DT is clearly better. I think Dez is a talented player, but more than Thomas?

His season should be no surprise. He was lighting it up with freaking TIM TEBOW at QB. Thomas is a monster. He can fly - long strides just gliding past defensive backs on the regular-, has great ups, has great agility - very smooth with great burst out of his breaks - ,has good ball skills and decent hands. He should be in the conversation with AJ Green and Julio Jones; a part of the all pro future receivers.

Denver has a top 5 wide out for the next 6-7 years on their hands. He is VERY good.

In week 2 against Atlanta, there was a play right before the half. The Broncos were on like the 25/30 of Atlanta, with time running out. Thomas ran a deep post. Manning GUNNED the ball over the top. Thomas made a beautiful cut inside to the post, exploding right through the corner back and the safety covering him. As the ball rockets towards the back of the end zone, Thomas slows up - the CB and S now run right past him- and elevates, way above both of them, who cannot even react in time, let alone match his size/vertical- and snatches the fastball with the arms totally outstretched.

He lands HARD (he caught the ball lie 9 feet off the ground - long fall), and while falling, collides with the safety, and the ball is jerked free.

I knew it then. It was a real "WOW" play when you saw the replay.

He ended up scoring on the drive anyway.

^Props to BenderRodriguez for the GOAT of FF's sigs! Very Happy
be WARE94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i fail to see how bryant is more physically gifted then thomas.....just don't see it.....better hands maybe.....that's about it

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas by a significant mile honestly. Dez maturation process in the game is a bit slower than Thomas but I'm sure he'll get it soon.

Also for the people who keeps saying he is a nutcase and that is why he will never succeed, tell me that and I'll show you who the real nutcase is.

You try having dozen homes as a high-school student while your moms a "entertainer". K thanks.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.

Last edited by canadaluvsdalla on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Thomas by a significant mile honestly. Dez maturation process in the game is a bit slower than Thomas but I'm sure he'll get it soon.

Also for the people who keeps saying he is a nutcase and that is why he will never succeed, tell me that and I'll show you who the real nutcase is.

You try having dozen homes as a high-school student while your moms a "entertainer". K thanks.
I wasn't aware he was the only player in the NFL that had a hard time growing up. He's not the only one. Michael Oher, Demaryius Thomas, Arian Foster, Mark Ingram, and many more. I'm not being bitter just because Demaryius Thomas is on my favorite team, I'm simply saying he's not the only one that didn't grow up in an ideal situation. He has my sympathy. Yes, the nutcase calling is unnecessary but so are Dez's off the field problems. Non of the above players have had any.

Both of Demaryius Thomas' parents are in prison, he grew up in the ghetto with his uncle, and played football to get away from that stuff. I'm sure you know the Michael Oher story.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Injured his rookie year

So was Dez... And most of his sophomore year to.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3654129

Is Willis widely regarded as being a lazy waste of talent as a result? No. Does he handle himself like a thug off the field? No. Does he need a hug from one of his coaches when things aren't going his way? No. Same goes with Michael Oher.

You can spare us all the tears.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas and it's not even close to me. Mentally or physically. Bryant does less with better players around him. Some will say Thomas has Peyton throwing to him, but he emerged with Tebow throwing him the ball last year. Smile I rest my case.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Yeah and both Demaryius Thomas's mother and grandmother have been in federal prison since he was 10 years old due to making and dealing crack cocaine. Like R2B said Dez Bryant isn't the only guy in the NFL with a rough childhood. I'm tired of that excuse you guys always seem to give Dez for him being such a moron.

The Broncos got ROASTED for taking Demaryius over Bryant back in 2010. It's working out pretty darn well for us right now. Literally one of the only things Josh McDaniels did right in his 2 years here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: