Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Six: Chiefs (1-4) @ Buccaneers (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^sounds like Josh Freeman to a T. Man this should be exciting to watch.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bad feeling about this game. Defensively vs McCluster Charles and the rest of their speed vs Ronde.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trueblood starting at RG. Guy should've always been a G
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

Agreed....never good in space, great inside the "phonebooth"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Agreed....never good in space, great inside the "phonebooth"
He will be much better than Ted Larsen in regards to run blocking.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect the Chiefs offensive weapons. However, I was just trying to figure out who Brady Quinn reminded me of as a QB.

Brady Quinn's career stats:

Comp - 187 Attempts - 356 Yds - 1,934 Comp % 52.5 TDs - 10 Int - 9 Fumbles - 3 QB rating - 67.3

Dan Orlovsky's career stats:

Comp - 272 Attempts - 465 - Yds - 2,880 Comp % 58.5 Tds - 14 Int - 12
Fumbles - 9 QB rating - 75.9

So, if I don't believe Orlovsky is a viable starting QB in the NFL, why would I believe somehow Quinn is a a viable starter? If the Chiefs are going to be successful, it will be because of Charles and the running game. Quinn at most will provide a complimentary passing game, not the catalyst for the Chiefs offense.

Of course, maybe Quinn will turn into a newer version of Rich Gannon, a journeyman who suddenly finds success. I just find the odds against it. Furthermore, I would assume the Bucs would try to make Quinn beat them with throws outside of the hashes and down the field. They have to really sit on the slant routes and other short throws, I'm just not convinced he has the arm strength to beat a defense deep.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I respect the Chiefs offensive weapons. However, I was just trying to figure out who Brady Quinn reminded me of as a QB.

Comp - 187 Attempts - 356 Yds - 1,934 Comp % 52.5 TDs - 10 Int - 9 Fumbles - 3 QB rating - 67.3

So, if I don't believe Orlovsky is a viable starting QB in the NFL, why would I believe somehow Quinn is a a viable starter? If the Chiefs are going to be successful, it will be because of Charles and the running game. Quinn at most will provide a complimentary passing game, not the catalyst for the Chiefs offense.

Of course, maybe Quinn will turn into a newer version of Rich Gannon, a journeyman who suddenly finds success. I just find the odds against it. Furthermore, I would assume the Bucs would try to make Quinn beat them with throws outside of the hashes and down the field. They have to really sit on the slant routes and other short throws, I'm just not convinced he has the arm strength to beat a defense deep.

To be fair Quinn has only played with a talent poor Browns team...I've never been a fan and don't think he's starter quality, but he's certainly got more talent than Orslovsky. He clearly has the necessary arm strength...I doubt you watched the end of the KC/Bal game, but Quinn went 4-4 really zipping his throws downfield hitting guys in stride to boot, it was a small sample size, but nonetheless quite impressive for not playing since '09. Regardless, it's 100x's stronger than Cassel's arm.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

This just stats. What worries me is Quinn has had to endure Cleveland and sitting behind Tebow when in TC he beat him out easily many said but the popularity won over him. He's been waiting for this opportunity and surely wants to make the most of it.

I'm not trying to be negative but u can't overlook him. He's got weapons and our secondary isn't very good as we overtook Washington as the nfls worst.

If we get good qb play we win. Easily. But that's easier said than done.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

This just stats. What worries me is Quinn has had to endure Cleveland and sitting behind Tebow when in TC he beat him out easily many said but the popularity won over him. He's been waiting for this opportunity and surely wants to make the most of it.

I'm not trying to be negative but u can't overlook him. He's got weapons and our secondary isn't very good as we overtook Washington as the nfls worst.

If we get good qb play we win. Easily. But that's easier said than done.

These are good points. If we lose we may only win a few more games this season. This game is pivotal to the whole season IMO, and we've had 2 weeks to prepare. This game makes the season, and IMO Freeman has to step up or I'm off the bandwagon.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

To be fair Quinn has only played with a talent poor Browns team...I've never been a fan and don't think he's starter quality, but he's certainly got more talent than Orslovsky. He clearly has the necessary arm strength...I doubt you watched the end of the KC/Bal game, but Quinn went 4-4 really zipping his throws downfield hitting guys in stride to boot, it was a small sample size, but nonetheless quite impressive for not playing since '09. Regardless, it's 100x's stronger than Cassel's arm.

Actually, I did watch the Chief-Ravens game. Quinn is a back-up, not trying to be negative. A Chiefs victory will be centered around Charles and the running game. I find it highly unlikely the Chiefs will be spreading the defense in three and four WRs sets and letting Quinn throw it all over the field too often on Sunday. Certainly the Chiefs have some impressive play makers, I just don't believe right now there is a QB on the roster that can consistently get them the ball in space. Just stating my opinion on what I have observed, not trying to be a troll.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Actually, I did watch the Chief-Ravens game. Quinn is a back-up, not trying to be negative. A Chiefs victory will be centered around Charles and the running game. I find it highly unlikely the Chiefs will be spreading the defense in three and four WRs sets and letting Quinn throw it all over the field too often on Sunday. Certainly the Chiefs have some impressive play makers, I just don't believe right now there is a QB on the roster that can consistently get them the ball in space. Just stating my opinion on what I have observed, not trying to be a troll.

Agree and disagree. Not saying Brady Quinn is very good, but it's not like he's going into San Fransisco or Houston playing a top 5 defense, let alone secondary.

Our secondary is atrocious. Last in the league in yards given up through the air. KC has 3 very good WRs. I can see them attacking our weakness and then using Charles.

Quinn, in my opinion, has gotten a rough start in this league, having to sit on the Browns with 0 WR talent, and then beats out Tebow for the back up job in Denver only to lose the chance to start because the fans cried for Tebow.

He's itching for that shot again and it's probably his last chance to prove he can start in the league. Not saying he will be good or anything, but I'm not willing to say, against our pass defense, he can't succeed either. He's still an unknown to me in my opinion.

Back to our gameplan, our #1 key is number 5. Freeman has to move this offense through the air and consistantly complete accurate passes. Being successful passing the ball will help us succeed in running it as well. I've been trying to explain this since week 2. You're running game will stink if you cannot pass it nor scare anyone. Teams line up 8 in the box on us. If you can't pass in those situations, you won't run it well either.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

No doubt, there is no proven QB that can do it. It will start with the run most certainly, you're right we won't be spreading the D as long as it's close and Charles isn't hurt. However, if the coaches have a brain at all, if/when the run is established, they will allow Quinn to use his arm against the single coverage. Last week the run worked until they adjusted and we still continued to slam our head into a brick wall, because they didn't trust the QB they paid 63 million dollars Embarassed We lost because we didn't have a QB that could take advantage of 8 or 9 in the box, Quinn can atleast do that if they will allow him to.

To the last post, I think it would be smart to carry the momentum of Quinn last week and come out throwing vs TB, but I doubt they will. Also you're right, you can't run against 8 or 9 in the box unless you're jamaal charles.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this the week we wear our orange unis?
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2012/oct/11/bucs-notes-dt-miller-misses-practice-with-back-pai-ar-530210/

Quote:
Miller's back acted up again, forcing him out of practice just three days before Tampa Bay takes on Kansas City and RB Jamaal Charles, the NFL's leading rusher.

It was still too early to know Thursday whether the latest flare-up will limit Miller's effectiveness or playing time. If Miller cannot play, the Bucs could turn to backup Gary Gibson or adjust their scheme and use DEs Michael Bennett and Daniel Te'o-Nesheim at tackle.

Man is our line beat up

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinn sucks. There's no way around it. There's a reason he's been a career backup. And it's not because he's been playing behind superstars his entire career. I'm not worried about him at all. It's Charles I'm worried about. Dude's back and he seems better than ever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: