Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Basketball Recruiting Thread I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
James Young officially commits to Kentucky.

"The Harrison twins are great players and I can't wait to play with them." Hopefully, we'll be hearing that from Randle and Wiggins soon.
If Wiggins reclassifies I think kentucky is out. No where to play him with those 3 recruits

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:

"The Harrison twins are great players and I can't wait to play with them." Hopefully, we'll be hearing that from Randle and Wiggins soon.
If Wiggins reclassifies I think kentucky is out. No where to play him with those 3 recruits
Not true. Young easily comes off the bench in that scenario.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the instances where I love and hate being a Kentucky fan at the same time. I love it for obvious reasons, but I hate it because from being a Wisconsin football fan I always hate getting a feeling of jealousy seeing the stacked classes Bama/OSU/Florida/USC/LSU etc put up annually. Just kind of makes me feel guilty for rooting for such a powerhouse, I don't know it's just kind of weird. Nonetheless I'd never stop rooting for UK (if my grandparents found out they may kill me) and am thrilled with how good this 2013 class is, and even more thrilled about how amazing it truly can be. We're talking one or two signings away from possibly being the greatest class of all time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how you can root for two different colleges. Makes no sense to me.

garbage
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:

Not true. Young easily comes off the bench in that scenario.
Young should decommit if Wiggins decided on UK. I wouldnt want to sit behind a star if I was him. He is to good to be just a bench player.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited by marshawn lynch on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
I don't understand how you can root for two different colleges. Makes no sense to me.

Well are you your saying you don't understand how one can root for two different teams, or were you being specific about college? If it's the latter then it's because I'm not in college yet, I'm sure if I attend an FBS school that one would become my de facto number one school, but until then I go with the my families main schools. One side is full of Wisconsin alumni, the other has 2 Kentucky alumni, one is my grandpa who taught there and remains heavily involved with the school. Thus why he's a giant fan and basically always pressed UK to me and my cousins growing up, taking us to games and what not. For college I actually find it incredibly easy to be passionate about more than one team due to conferences. It's sort of like mini leagues, especially in this case where the last time Kentucky and Wisconsin met in football was in the 80s, and the last time they met in basketball was early 2000. If your saying you don't see how one can root for two teams in the same sport in general, then I don't know what to tell you. I know plenty of people who do it, and I know plenty of people who wouldn't even think of doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
BBando wrote:

Well are you your saying you don't understand how one can root for two different teams, or were you being specific about college? If it's the latter then it's because I'm not in college yet, I'm sure if I attend an FBS school that one would become my de facto number one school, but until then I go with the my families main schools. One side is full of Wisconsin alumni, the other has 2 Kentucky alumni, one is my grandpa who taught there and remains heavily involved with the school. Thus why he's a giant fan and basically always pressed UK to me and my cousins growing up, taking us to games and what not. For college I actually find it incredibly easy to be passionate about more than one team due to conferences. It's sort of like mini leagues, especially in this case where the last time Kentucky and Wisconsin met in football was in the 80s, and the last time they met in basketball was early 2000. If your saying you don't see how one can root for two teams in the same sport in general, then I don't know what to tell you. I know plenty of people who do it, and I know plenty of people who wouldn't even think of doing it.

Yeah, I grew up a Buckeye fan but live in Michigan States backyard. I always sort of pulled for MSU when they weren't playing the Buckeyes but then I ended up going to MSU and things have gotten rough since. I hate when the two play each other now in any sport. But I still pull hard for both when they are not battling each other.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Young should decommit if Wiggins decided on UK. I wouldnt want to sit behind a star if I was him. He is to good to be just a bench player.
You act like he wouldn't get minutes. He'd still play plenty. If I was a CBB player, I'd love to play on a team full of stars.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
You act like he wouldn't get minutes. He'd still play plenty. If I was a CBB player, I'd love to play on a team full of stars.
I'm assuming they would have the following lineups:

Aa. Harrison
An. Harrison
Young
Wiggins

Aa. Harrison/An. Harrison
Young
Wiggins

Aa. Harrison
An. Harrison
Wiggins

Plenty of time for everybody to get 25-30 minutes a game.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:

If Andrew Wiggins reclassifies he'll end up at Kentucky or Florida State.

It's not like the Harrison twins, Young, and Wiggins couldn't play together for long stretches. Calipari will just run the four out offense with all four of them on the floor and one post player. Can you imagine teams trying to match up with all four of them on the perimeter? If they land Julius Randle as well can you imagine a starting five of the Harrison twins, Young, Wiggins, and Randle?

G - Andrew Harrison 6'5" 205
G - Aaron Harrison 6'5" 205
G - James Young 6'6" 205
F - Andrew Wiggins 6'7" 220
F - Julius Randle 6'10" 240

And they'd have a deep bench, the new Fab Five. I could honestly see them running the table.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
I'm sorry but John Calipari is BAD for college basketball. I'm a UNC fan so it's not like I'm bitter or anything as we still get our top notch recruits but if I wanted to see super teams all the damn time, I'd watch the NBA.

Not acting like UNC is 100% clean (because I don't think they are), but there's no doubt Calipari is a $cumbag.

John Calipari continuously landing elite recruits is partly due to the fact that they see all of these other elite guys coming through the program, winning, and then bolting to become early picks in the draft.

I mean looking at all of the talent Kentucky has put into the league during the few years Calipari has been there is insane. He's produced four top five picks the past three years.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
John Calipari continuously landing elite recruits is partly due to the fact that they see all of these other elite guys coming through the program, winning, and then bolting to become early picks in the draft.

I mean looking at all of the talent Kentucky has put into the league during the few years Calipari has been there is insane. He's produced four top five picks the past three years.
Almost everyone of the players that Calipari "put" into the NBA would have been selected in the first round regardless of where they went to college. The only top 5 pick that's even questionable of whether or not he would have been a top 5 pick had he gone elsewhere is MKG. Davis, Cousins and Wall were all sure fire Top 5 picks no matter where they went to school.

It still doesn't change the fact that these super teams he's putting together every year, isn't good for college basketball.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:

My alma mater doesn't have a college football team so I've adopted one Laughing it makes sense.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Almost everyone of the players that Calipari "put" into the NBA would have been selected in the first round regardless of where they went to college. The only top 5 pick that's even questionable of whether or not he would have been a top 5 pick had he gone elsewhere is MKG. Davis, Cousins and Wall were all sure fire Top 5 picks no matter where they went to school.

It still doesn't change the fact that these super teams he's putting together every year, isn't good for college basketball.
I'm sure you were really disappointed when UNC had all 5 starters return from a NC team...

While I would prefer the unbelievable players go straight to the NBA, the system is what it is.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 15 of 100

Jump to: