Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thread Ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Thread Ideas Reply with quote

I'm just a little curious as to why there isn't an "NFL General" thread in the NFL General forum. Personally I'll frequently have a general question about something NFL related, but there won't be an active thread to relevantly post that question in. I think an NFL General thread where people can just ask and answer any questions is better than people making an entire thread for a question that has an answer (as opposed to questions without an answer and just opinions in which a long thread with productive football discussion occurs up). Basically like WAYTA for NFL Gen minus the fooling around. Just a thought, and I'm asking it here to see if any mods or webby think it's a good idea and if it has been done before.

Another thread I was thinking about that I think could be useful would be an "Ask A Mod Thread" or something like that in which we can ask any questions pertaining to rules. One thing I hate is having a thread I created locked because it just makes me feel like a fool. So recently I've begun to PM random global mods if there was a thread I was thinking about creating that I wasn't sure was ok. Just a thought that maybe it would lower the rate of threads that get locked before they even reach a 2nd page. (An example of why this thread may be useful is that I wasn't sure whether this post should go in TAST or feedback.)

So do webby/mods think that either of these threads would be a good idea or do you think they would fail to develop quality discussion.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Thread Ideas Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
I'm just a little curious as to why there isn't an "NFL General" thread in the NFL General forum. Personally I'll frequently have a general question about something NFL related, but there won't be an active thread to relevantly post that question in. I think an NFL General thread where people can just ask and answer any questions is better than people making an entire thread for a question that has an answer (as opposed to questions without an answer and just opinions in which a long thread with productive football discussion occurs up). Basically like WAYTA for NFL Gen minus the fooling around. Just a thought, and I'm asking it here to see if any mods or webby think it's a good idea and if it has been done before.

Another thread I was thinking about that I think could be useful would be an "Ask A Mod Thread" or something like that in which we can ask any questions pertaining to rules. One thing I hate is having a thread I created locked because it just makes me feel like a fool. So recently I've begun to PM random global mods if there was a thread I was thinking about creating that I wasn't sure was ok. Just a thought that maybe it would lower the rate of threads that get locked before they even reach a 2nd page. (An example of why this thread may be useful is that I wasn't sure whether this post should go in TAST or feedback.)

So do webby/mods think that either of these threads would be a good idea or do you think they would fail to develop quality discussion.

I like the idea of the NFL gen thread, the fantasy football forum has something like that iirc.

As for the other part, I think this feedback forum basically is a "ask a mod/webby" forum since, after all, you are asking about crating a thread here.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a question for a Mod, you can PM any one of us. If it's specific to that forum, you can try one of those Mods or a Global. If it's a general rules question, any Mod that's online should be able to help you out.

If you have an idea for a thread, and there already isn't one, don't be afraid to start it. If it works, it will be active. Do a good job of explaining your intentions in the OP, and as long as it's good according to the rules, there shouldn't be any problems.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: