Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions DT Suh accused of sideswiping car, berating driver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Dude is out of control.

Hate it, but if he has any value left, ship him. I heard the Redskins hate draft picks and love high paid DTs.

He is out of control over accusation?

This is problem with today's society. It is no longer innocent until proven guilty these days.

I will wait to judge it until facts and everything comes out.

He has established a pattern of behavior. This fits his MO. Odd how Jeff Backus hasn't been accused of this....there is a reason for that.

I agree, it's getting hard to defend him, or shall I say harder/impossible. He is having a solid year on the field, he just needs to grow up off it. He is definitely not a leader.

Not defending it. Just tired of our society jumping to conclusions. I hope anyone who jumps to conclusions about others doesn't live in a glass house

If it was a one time thing, it might be jumping to conclusions. If it is a pattern of behavior, it is sadly accepting the truth. I don't even care if he is guilty or not at this point. He continues to put himself in a situation where it can be said of him and that is just poor decision making regardless.
lions on top

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Dude is out of control.

Hate it, but if he has any value left, ship him. I heard the Redskins hate draft picks and love high paid DTs.

This is problem with today's society. It is no longer innocent until proven guilty these days.

He has established a pattern of behavior. This fits his MO. Odd how Jeff Backus hasn't been accused of this....there is a reason for that.

I agree, it's getting hard to defend him, or shall I say harder/impossible. He is having a solid year on the field, he just needs to grow up off it. He is definitely not a leader.

Not defending it. Just tired of our society jumping to conclusions. I hope anyone who jumps to conclusions about others doesn't live in a glass house

If it was a one time thing, it might be jumping to conclusions. If it is a pattern of behavior, it is sadly accepting the truth. I don't even care if he is guilty or not at this point. He continues to put himself in a situation where it can be said of him and that is just poor decision making regardless.

Not saying this is the case in this situation but that "pattern" can sometimes lead to people abusing that reputation. People know Suh has a lot of money, people also know he has a bad driving record. Some individuals look at a scenario like that and think "$$$", accuse the rich guy of a driving mishap and assault and people will most likely believe the story and you could be looking at a large settlement in court.

But, once again, not saying that's the case here necessarily.
lions on top

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight_Schrute wrote:
If we trade Suh, we would officially be the worst franchise in the NFL. That would be straight up dumb.

Hire the guy a chauffeur, give him the Dez Bryant treatment. Don't trade him. I'd rather not be a cellar-dwelling team again.
I bet Houston fans felt that way about losing Mario Williams and changing their scheme. One year later, their defense was better than it ever had been, and Super Mario was much more productive than Suh has been.
Dwight_Schrute

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The situations are too different to compare though. Suh doesn't play nearly as productive of a position as Mario Williams.

Ends/Linebackers rarely face routine double teams too. With the way the NFL is played now, the tight end is too valuable to remain home to block on passing downs. I suppose this can be argued, and debated as a matter of opinion, but from all the games I've watched over the years, that's what I've personally picked up.

I bet you're right that Houston fans felt the same way though. They've essentially lost their best defensive player. Hindsight is 20-20 though, we can't count for the productivity the team has gotten from the rest of their defensive core, especially J.J. Watt. Sure, if you can tell me we can have an improved defense next season, while trading Suh, pull the trigger. However, I'm not willing to take that risk right now. We have a banged up Corey Williams, and Nick Fairley, who is talented, but hasn't proven to be the most durable or motivated player on our team.

Suh doesn't need to be "productive" to be effective and impactful. He has been a real asset to us on the field, albeit a total doofus off the field.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh is leading our team with 3 sacks.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
DetroitWhat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't we draft players with less talent who are model citizens over freakish athletes who turn out like this. When will our gm learn that you need a balance in your team. You can't keep taking guys who fell cause of character issues then stockpiling them in detroit of all places.
Dwight_Schrute

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitWhat wrote:
Why can't we draft players with less talent who are model citizens over freakish athletes who turn out like this. When will our gm learn that you need a balance in your team. You can't keep taking guys who fell cause of character issues then stockpiling them in detroit of all places.

Are you referring to Suh here? Because if so, he didn't fall at all. Plus, he didn't exactly have any character issues while at Nebraska. It's not like Mayhew isn't doing his due diligence.

Once again, when are we going to start placing responsibility on the actual players, instead of the GM, or coaches. My parent's starting making me be responsible for mine when I was like 14. I don't think we have any players younger than that on our team.

We've had our share of bad apples, but I don't feel it's a huge problem honestly. These players just need to know that if you misbehave, and tarnish the name of the organization you play for, your job security could be on the line. We've shown it with Berry, so it's a start. I wouldn't cut, nor trade Suh, but his traffic violations are minor (for the time being) compared to the other impairments many of our other players have been arrested for.

I think a lot of posters are overreacting to every negative news story about the Lions because of our performance this season. It's easy to be pessimistic when there hasn't been much to cheer for.

We'll see, Suh has time to screw his head on straight. For our sanity, and his well-being lets just hope its sooner rather than later.
tytalton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy says Suh cut around him and sideswiped him on the way past....weird looking sideswipe as it is the left front quarterpanel. My guess is Suh was driving like a moron and tried to pass the guy. The guy probably tried to block him out or didn't move when Suh tried to pass and clipped his back end.

Two things i am happy about is Suh didnt try to kill him and wasnt drunk. Thank god for small favors but this one is all on Suh. Yeah it wont wind up being a big deal and probably no suspension but Suh is digging that PR hole deeper and deeper....
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only news because of past behavior. I don't really care about this kind of thing... He may be a terrible person, but I really don't care about his personality off the field. I want him to be good, not do things like point guns at people in parking lots and drive drunk, and to heck with everything else. He's not a leader, and that's fine.

Willink wrote:
idk how its possible to be so bad at driving

I mean, I don't really have to try to not hit other cars when I'm driving around.

He really needs to hire a driver or something.

Spoken like somebody that's never been to Portland, OR. Seriously. People here don't "drive" per say. I don't know what I'd call it, but it's a whole different thing. Think about the kind of crap people do in a crowded IKEA or Costco. Then imagine them in cars. It's like that.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight_Schrute wrote:
If we trade Suh, we would officially be the worst franchise in the NFL. That would be straight up dumb.

Hire the guy a chauffeur, give him the Dez Bryant treatment. Don't trade him. I'd rather not be a cellar-dwelling team again.

Maybe cellar-dwelling teams are the ones who hold onto players whose off the field issues are a bigger issue than the talent they provide. Having to baby a full grown adult and give them chauffeur's or another adult to babysit them because they are always in trouble probably means we should move him while his stock is still high.

Suh won't be doing us much good if he is continually suspended or running into off the field trouble. I'm with Detfan and I don't want to jump to conclusions but this does sound like something Suh would do and if it is in fact true, let all the facts come out and be dealt with accordingly.

One player doesn't make a team and Suh has to realize that he is a big boy now. His off the field distractions can be another teams problem and we could use the picks/players that would come our way if we did move him.
Nathanakin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Dave Birkett's twitter:

Vines (The guy Suh hit): "What it comes down to is it was an arrogance thing in my eyes. It was just pure arrogance. 'Get out of my way or I'm going to make you move,' and then, 'I'm too good to sit here and wait.'"
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Dude is out of control.

I'm not pumped about this. It's just like Wtf again, but I'm also kinda with you DETFAN. He's still playing right? I'm not willing to trade him yet nor do I want to. I love Ndamukong Suh and hope he can just regain the form he had on the field his rookie year and things like this will blow over slowly.

" He does need a driver bad... "
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@davebirkett
Dearborn police say the traffic incident involving Lions DT Ndamukong Suh is closed, no tickets will be issued.

Wow Suh was total fail there. Trade him!!!!

Rolling Eyes

Sig bet
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
@davebirkett
Dearborn police say the traffic incident involving Lions DT Ndamukong Suh is closed, no tickets will be issued.

Wow Suh was total fail there. Trade him!!!!

Rolling Eyes
What did you think would happen??? Doesn't change the fact that he's an arrogant arse and habitual trouble-maker. Yes, I'd trade him now while he still has some kind of value, and before he goes out and gets himself a multiple game suspension.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: